Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone of Friday willing to put out a best 22? Or even those that have seen multiple match sims? It's one month until shit gets real.

Also, anyone who went Friday have an opinion of B. George at half back? I don't know if I can handle another year of an elite forward drafted to then play backline. Unless he wins the BnF like the other drafter I'm referring to.

I mowed the lawn today

8dwrgy.jpg

Is anyone of Friday willing to put out a best 22? Or even those that have seen multiple match sims? It's one month until s**t gets real.

Also, anyone who went Friday have an opinion of B. George at half back? I don't know if I can handle another year of an elite forward drafted to then play backline. Unless he wins the BnF like the other drafter I'm referring to.
Round 1:
B: K Dawson, Pink, Fisher
HB: Sheezel, Corr, McKercher
C: Scott, Wardlaw, Stephens
HF: Zurhaar, CCJ, Stephenson
F: Curtis, Larkey, Duursma
R: Xerri, LDU, Simpkin
I: Phillips, Goater, Powell / Lazzaro, Tucker / Shiels
S: Greenwood

Unavailable: LMac, Logue, TT, Archer, Ford

I found this quite difficult.

Having been to a couple of training sessions I think Comben will be borderline for Round 1, I suspect he may start in the VFL to get his match fitness up and settle in to the new role.

Last edited:
Is anyone on Friday willing to put out our demands for PP incase the season goes pear shaped? I’m thinking this is our last red hot crack before wc have a sniff

Round 1:

Having been to a few training sessions I think Comben will be borderline for Round 1, I suspect he may start in the VFL to get his match fitness up and settle in to the new role.
Don't rate nyuon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would be good if we actually had some train on players and brought in someone to fill the roles..

Round 1:

Having been to a couple of training sessions I think Comben will be borderline for Round 1, I suspect he may start in the VFL to get his match fitness up and settle in to the new role.
Fisher, Sheezel, McKercher is playing very small and lacking actual defense. I think Goater or George will be needed in the 18 for a mid-sized option.

Round 1:

Scott is an interesting one. Played a lot of defence in match sim. Is that an indication of where we want to play him, or is he there for experience given that we’re missing at least 4 of what could be our first choice backline?

Scott is an interesting one. Played a lot of defence in match sim. Is that an indication of where we want to play him, or is he there for experience given that we’re missing at least 4 of what could be our first choice backline?
It's got to be the latter, doesn't it. I mean we can't convert Scott into a back as well as George and McKercher whilst we have McDonald, Fisher, Bergman, Goater (who hasn't been played up the ground one bit for ages), Archer, Sheezel, Tucker, Hardeman in addition to all the key defender options. That's just a lot of defenders. Too many in fact.

It's got to be the latter, doesn't it. I mean we can't convert Scott into a back as well as George and McKercher whilst we have McDonald, Fisher, Bergman, Goater (who hasn't been played up the ground one bit for ages), Archer, Sheezel, Tucker, Hardeman in addition to all the key defender options. That's just a lot of defenders. Too many in fact.

Long term you’d expect so. Short term, I’m talking Rd 1 here, there’ll be no Logue, McDonald must be a question mark, Archer seems unlikely. Hardeman is probably unlikely. I’ve only seen Tucker on a wing and a bit of HF so far this pre season. I’ll assume Fisher and Corr will be available.

We seem to like to get the ball to him to provide some run from back. He could merely be temporarily filling the role earmarked for Fisher.

Long term you’d expect so. Short term, I’m talking Rd 1 here, there’ll be no Logue, McDonald must be a question mark, Archer seems unlikely. Hardeman is probably unlikely. I’ve only seen Tucker on a wing and a bit of HF so far this pre season. I’ll assume Fisher and Corr will be available.

We seem to like to get the ball to him to provide some run from back. He could merely be temporarily filling the role earmarked for Fisher.
Makes sense. It'd be pretty damning for Bergman though. I can't see both of those guys with their physiques being part of the same backline. Just too exploitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back