Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You. And all the other posters that wasted 2 pages of content on Aus Day.

In more exciting news, stoked to hear Powell is looking for and in for a big year. Could be a great addition to our midfield.
Getting worked up over a footy forum lmfao
Didn't know you were such an avid craft beer fan.
Yuck lol

Scotts and * are heading up here in a couple of weeks for their Community Camp

Scotts is doing a Coaching Seminar on “the inner workings of a high performance environment “
Given he’s starting from such a low base no doubt he’ll get a heap out of it.

Any idea who’s facilitating?

They fell over themselves last year playing him everywhere except where he excelled as a junior - in the middle.

We've had a history of playing players away from their strengths.

I'd say he was pretty competitive as a junior also.

People underestimate how big the jump from junior competition to the elite level this - particularly with those juniors who have light or immature bodies.

I'm expecting big things from Tom this year.
And if Tom doesn’t have a big year and starts the year in the middle? If Thomas comes back into te team and stays next year he and Phillips along with another quality draft pick at the end of the year creates a conundrum.

Last edited:
Just another little aside from today. Over the years we have all felt sorry for Nick larkey at times (often). Some of the delivery he gets or the bad decisions not to get it into him sooner have caused him to blow up and us to vent.

You have never seen a bloke look so dejected from bad delivery as larks today. And I don’t mean that he was being a baby. I mean it was the bad.

Not only could his team mates not hit him up on a lead in space, it was dropping 20 meters short into the wind or 20 meters over his head with the wind. He looked like he was going to cry, and if he started I would have probably joined in. Then the rest of those there.

He wasn’t afraid to tell his teammates at least
I remember Larkey giving his team mates a massive blast a while ago... a quarter or so later he had the opportunity to deliver the ball and decided the bloke cutting oranges on the sideline looked like his teammate. Let he who is without sin eh?

Sporting clubs around the world have been formed based on political and cultural ideologies for eons.

Question for you, if no one cares, why is it so decisive?

I’m glad our great club expresses the wishes of the players to the memebers. And we as supporters should support the players on this.
We don’t need to support the players on any views other than when they are on the field.

Keep politics, world views and s**t out of sports, no one cares. Its seeping into the AFL and it doesn't benefit anyone, its just divisive as *, as everyone has their own private opinion.

Anyways thanks to everyone posting their reports. It feels like its going to take em all a while to gel?

Sporting clubs around the world have been formed based on political and cultural ideologies for eons.

Question for you, if no one cares, why is it so decisive?

I’m glad our great club expresses the wishes of the players to the memebers. And we as supporters should support the players on this.

True enough, it sure seems like a lot of people care, one way or the other.

And most who want no debate or discussion and the status quo maintained are implicitly reinforcing division. On the other hand, anything we can do to make minority and marginalised groups feel more welcome should be encouraged. And doing so surely does not in any way restrict access or diminish the experience of the majority, so why resist if not to reinforce divisions and exclusion?

Keep politics, world views and s**t out of sports, no one cares. Its seeping into the AFL and it doesn't benefit anyone, its just divisive as *, as everyone has their own private opinion.

Anyways thanks to everyone posting their reports. It feels like its going to take em all a while to gel?
More like "doesn't benefit you"... am I right? You aren't going to speak for others, are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True enough, it sure seems like a lot of people care, one way or the other.

And most who want no debate or discussion and the status quo maintained are implicitly reinforcing division. On the other hand, anything we can do to make minority and marginalised groups feel more welcome should be encouraged. And doing so surely does not in any way restrict access or diminish the experience of the majority, so why resist if not to reinforce divisions and exclusion?
Interesting point about debate and discussion given the club said they had turned off comments on their socials to ensure ‘the conversation remained respectful’.

I’m not sure how you have a respectful conversation by not allowing a conversation although I get what they’re trying to avoid.

Seems like effective moderation could have dealt with that but anyway.

Interesting point about debate and discussion given the club said they had turned off comments on their socials to ensure ‘the conversation remained respectful’.

I’m not sure how you have a respectful conversation by not allowing a conversation although I get what they’re trying to avoid.

Seems like effective moderation could have dealt with that but anyway.

That type of post attracts flies like shit. Check the quote tweets to see the biggest racist parasites, many of whom aren’t even north fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That type of post attracts flies like s**t. Check the quote tweets to see the biggest racist parasites, many of whom aren’t even north fans.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I get it, it just seems counterintuitive to me that you talk about maintaining a respectful conversation by banning it.

View attachment 1892892
At least 2 more sessions in la trobe

Nothing announced for Friday yet next week so maybe back to Arden st?

Would give us a few Arden st sessions before the feb 21st prac match v pies there
back at Arden st 5th Feb. Ground might still have the temp fences up though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back