Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The Giants totally overhauled their coaching team, hiring a new HC, OC and DC for this season which made all the difference considering the little change in playing personel.

Completely overhauling our coaching team by hiring Clarko and having him bring along Viney, Ratten, Monkhorst and Gibson has a similar sort of feel.

Having said that, I'm not expecting us to win more than ~6 games.

I think one big plus on last couple of seasons is that we certainly have more depth now. If you look at those ten odd not doing the match sim, you can prob inject 6-7 of those straight into the starting 23 and that changes things again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know it may sound crazy but I reckon the reason why we went duel captains is so we're not feeling like we HAVE to play lmac every week. Backline looks busier by the minute.

You must have been on the sauce thinking this. LMac is as big a lock as any player on the list to play 23 games.

I don’t claim to know why we went 2 Captains but that surely isn’t the reason

I am a Giants fan and we won a playoff game this year after being in a similar position to the Roos the past couple of years. It can turn with even an average list with the right game plan and focus.

Drafting, picking up experienced players and Coaching

I think one big plus on last couple of seasons is that we certainly have more depth now. If you look at those ten odd not doing the match sim, you can prob inject 6-7 of those straight into the starting 23 and that changes things again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Absolutely and the depth players have proven AFL experience.

I also believe that the previous coaches would’ve had the rebuilding ‘phases’ mapped out in their heads (ie 0-2 years to change culture/game plan/training habits and start climbing ladder, 3-4 years to win finals, 5+ years to win flags, etc..).

Since Clarko stepped foot in the door, it seems like there’s a culture of real inclusiveness building across the club. It feels different, the foundation feels solid. I know we’re still going to cop decent losses, but maybe we finally have some hope.

Said for ages Tarryn off half back is the go. Glad Clsrko agrees.

Half back is arguably the most attacking position on the ground nowadays and quite often with all the forward pressing, they are found in the front half of the ground.

Complete common sense move with TT.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half back is arguable the most attacking position on the ground nowadays and quite often with all the forward pressing, they are found in the front half of the ground.

He's fast, hard as a cats head, great aerial ability and beautiful long kick with brilliant vision.

Made for the role in the modern game

Half back is arguable the most attacking position on the ground nowadays and quite often with all the forward pressing, they are found in the front half of the ground.

Yes, it amuses me when I see calls for Goater to be moved to the wing. Why? Is he not good enough to play HBF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Training Thread 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back