Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is the back up striker at Arsenal now that Giroud is gone? Seems a little light if Auba and Laca presumably are starters.
Not sure they will both start every game TBH.

This season at least Auba will be the PL striker and Laca will play in Europa (as Auba is cup tied), Welbeck and Nketiah the next in line.

I think our starting XI from here on will/should be:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Nacho
Xhaka/Elneny Wilshere
Mhki Ozil Ramsey
Auba/Laca

This season at least Auba will be the PL striker and Laca will play in Europa (as Auba is cup tied), Welbeck and Nketiah the next in line.

Cech
Xhaka/Elneny Wilshere
Mhki Ozil Ramsey
Auba/Laca
What do you reckon on a Ramsey/Wilshere partnership in midfield?

Cech
Xhaka/Elneny Wilshere
Mhki Ozil Ramsey
Auba/Laca

Fair enough, personally reckon Arsenal would be much more deadly with both starting. Could form a dangerous partnership.

What do you reckon on a Ramsey/Wilshere partnership in midfield?
Too weak and both are naturally players who like to go forward. If we are to play both then one has to be as an AM and one as a CM with a more defensive minded midfielder alongside (would prefer this to be Maitland Niles but it's going to be Xhaka).
Fair enough, personally reckon Arsenal would be much more deadly with both starting. Could form a dangerous partnership.
I agree, but to fit them both in the team along with Ozil, Mhki, Ramsey then it weakens our midfield too much. That team is a prediction of how we will play rather than my ideal which would probably be:

Cech
Mhki Maitland-Niles Wilshere
Ozil
Auba Lacazette

Very little chance of that happening though.

Hoping this one gets done, nothing reliable so far but Ornstein did say we were interested in him this window:

Hoping this one gets done, nothing reliable so far but Ornstein did say we were interested in him this window:

At that price I am not sure why United wouldn’t get involved. An instant upgrade over anyone who would partner Bailly.

Well... that has been a miserable day all round for the club, and I'm seeing a lot of fingers being pointed.

So far, the fans have blamed:
*Pep for deliberately messing us about (You bid 45m the first time, and were told off the first time, after three bids of small increases, did you think the answer was going to change? Lowballing on the final day? Not cool.)
*Mahrez for the 2nd time in a row, dropping both training and the game just in hopes in getting picked by City, despite the fact they were undervaluing him.
*Our players for letting it get to their heads, and as a result, had their performances hindered, and have opened up the 7th place battle for that last Europa.

There's also talks of we should've accepted the lowball, just to get rid of those that don't want to be there, or if we should hold guard, and risk players that want to use us as a stepping stone be discouraged. A lot of it either way, and seemingly coming to the answer; damned if you do, damned if you don't. Lose-lose all round, all caused by a big club lowballing (and seriously, it is taking the mick. The guys that rated Mahrez at 50m, think about it. Do you let a player go for his value on deadline day, who is not only considered vital to the team, but with no hope of replacement, all because one of their wingers slipped in the shower?)

My thoughts?

I can understand that Mahrez wants bigger. He wanted to play at Barca under Pep, and well, Pep is calling. If he makes an impact in those 6 weeks, who knows what could happen? Some believe that this is probably the moment he'll have his peak value, and that's all down hill from there.

At the same time, he had an agreement with out chairman that he can leave if the right deal came along. No price was ever quoted. There were talks of 80-95m, but I believe this was only at this point of the transfer window. If you are that keen on him, you pay the premiums required. We're not getting a replacement, so pay up if you're serious. If this was done on Jan 3, then it would be a start, and we would be more suggestible, especially since we can do our work. It will be tough, but at least we would've had time. You deal on Jan 30, you will pay extra.

Letting him go, knowing that we won't get the same price? I'd rather give that up if it meant integrity is held. Otherwise anyone that has the slightest interest shown in them can go for cheap. You set a dangerous precedent, give yourselves a reputation for being easy, and well, it carries with you. We hold our line, ask the player to help us meet our goal of 7th place and Europa, and we will see what opens up in the summer, as a professional of integrity would do. As one of the Other 14, holding onto players is unrealistic. The best we can do is make sure they respect the club, and leave with all parties happy. Midtable clubs have aspirations of trying to close that gap, and one of those ways is with a good policy to ensure that the attractiveness of the club grows. We welcome players with higher ambitions to grow their game here, and we try to use these growing stars to attract better players, and maybe, just maybe, we can convince them to stay as they buy into our vision and aspirations. You want to go to a big club? We also want to be a big club too!

I'm glad the owners held firm. We will not be bullied. let that be a message to conduct business professionally and at the right time.

At this point in time, I hope Mahrez hopes to bury the hatchet, the players are professional enough to not let this get in the way, and we resume our season in pursuit of 7th. We'll save transfer business for June. Now is not a good time to lose one's rag and derail the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ulloa to Brighton... reunited with the old club, hope he rediscovers something magical with them!
Slimani to Newcastle... umm, great get for the Toon, but why are we giving up both our tall men? Options?
Jakupovic not going on loan... despite Sunderland wanting to pay his wages in full... he's our 3rd choice (for some reason), and you don't want to loan him to willing clubs... why? (and why the hell is he 3rd choice?)

Wait... WTAF?! The most disgusting transfer of the window... King to Swansea?! Football is dead. That is wrong on every level.

Also, all of them loans... are we running a library here? I thought Arsenal ran that? (I kid)

For a January window it was a good one. Everyone in the top 6 did something. Not typical of January that’s for sure.

Especially in a World Cup year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back