Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's only really Kepa and Lukaku(who has a buyout for the left over amortised value) where we need to worry about book value. Majority of our sales will be academy kids.
I was thinking more if you've given up on any of your buys from the last year or so. They're not going to be easy to offload.

Looks like you'll gut your academy, and make plenty of money doing so. Not sure your academy is what it once was nowadays though, so maybe not a huge issue.

I was thinking more if you've given up on any of your buys from the last year or so. They're not going to be easy to offload.

Looks like you'll gut your academy, and make plenty of money doing so. Not sure your academy is what it once was nowadays though, so maybe not a huge issue.
I doubt we are looking to move any of the recent buys, more waiting for them to gel(which looked to be happening in the 2nd half of the season).

Still a big focus on the academy so I can't see that changing much.

I wonder if certain clubs will look after each other to get around PSR problems.

I wonder if the Dobbin fee will just happen to be around 9m..

I've long wondered if this sort of thing will start happening. We sell an Academy kid for 50m to someone and get an immediate 50m benefit to our position for this year, and then we buy a kid for 50m from the same club - so no cash has actually changed hands - and get to ammortize it over 5 years, meaning all of a sudden this year we're 40m better off. Sure we cop a 10m hit each year after but that's essentially a 'tax' on clearing losses this year. It's like paying off your credit card in instalments rather than taking the hit up front.

I wonder if the Dobbin fee will just happen to be around 9m..

I've long wondered if this sort of thing will start happening. We sell an Academy kid for 50m to someone and get an immediate 50m benefit to our position for this year, and then we buy a kid for 50m from the same club - so no cash has actually changed hands - and get to ammortize it over 5 years, meaning all of a sudden this year we're 40m better off. Sure we cop a 10m hit each year after but that's essentially a 'tax' on clearing losses this year. It's like paying off your credit card in instalments rather than taking the hit up front.
i was going to post something along these lines too. i expect duran to end up at chelsea for a price similar to maasten.

so how long until this player trading psr loophole gets closed? everton and newcastle now looking to swap around calvert-lewin and yankuba minteh
How do you close it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back