Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I notice the lack of outrage for Man City selling Harwood-Bellis for £20mil to Southampton after 0 premier league appearances.

It’s tough being 1 of the 14.

I'd say if they tried to sell him to Abu Dhabi FC for 50m there would be a fair bit of outrage. In this case they are not trying to bullshit PSR figures hence why there's little issue with it.

Most competition regulations will have a general rule that any deliberate attempt to circumvent them can also be penalised. Id say any clubs engaging in swapsies to sidestep PSR will be in trouble if that allegation can be proven.
Not sure there's much to prove.

These rules(PSR) are prohibitive to some and not to others anyway. Not much is fair and even about the Premier League.

I notice the lack of outrage for Man City selling Harwood-Bellis for £20mil to Southampton after 0 premier league appearances.

How is that remotely comparable. He's had two stellar years in the championship. We will sell Greaves for similar if not more.

I mean you could say the same thing when we signed Bowen or when Palace signed Eze or Wharton then?

Bowen was already pretty established, Eze was PFA team of the year & club award winner etc, so had pedigree. Wharton I don’t really know much about, but was consistent since debuting really.

How is that remotely comparable. He's had two stellar years in the championship. We will sell Greaves for similar if not more.

So a player of a similar age for half the value after some promising signs in limited opportunities in the EPL is an issue?

Due to PSR Man United only valued Branthwaite at a maximum of £43mil. If £20mil for a youngster is truly fair market value, it puts Branthwaite’s fair market value at approximately £340mil then. Excellent for us!

Bowen was already pretty established, Eze was PFA team of the year & club award winner etc, so had pedigree. Wharton I don’t really know much about, but was consistent since debuting really.

So a player of a similar age for half the value after some promising signs in limited opportunities in the EPL is an issue?

Due to PSR Man United only valued Branthwaite at a maximum of £43mil. If £20mil for a youngster is truly fair market value, it puts Branthwaite’s fair market value at approximately £340mil then. Excellent for us!
Who are you referring to who has had "promising signs" in the pl? One of these kids had a single senior appearance.

I'm sure Branthwaite could easily go for 60-70mil to a club that doesn't have PSR trouble.

Who are you referring to who has had "promising signs" in the pl? One of these kids had a single senior appearance.

Dobbin/Iroegbunam, I don’t have a horse in the other races.

The “big 6” have sold fringe players/youngsters for 7-8 figures for years and nobody bats an eye, Villa & Everton do a mutually beneficial deal and there is outrage - that’s the point I’m making.

Where was this when Chelsea sold some hotels between companies that magically made their own finance issues all that disappear after their new owner spends a billion pounds in record time?

The rules are not applying to all clubs, but again, why only this past year or two have the rules become so enforced? Is there talk of an independent regulator looking to take some control away from the FA, or is that just a massive coincidence?

The “big 6” have sold fringe players/youngsters for 7-8 figures for years and nobody bats an eye, Villa & Everton do a mutually beneficial deal and there is outrage - that’s the point I’m making.

Where was this when Chelsea sold some hotels between companies that magically made their own finance issues all that disappear after their new owner spends a billion pounds in record time?

The rules are not applying to all clubs, but again, why only this past year or two have the rules become so enforced? Is there talk of an independent regulator looking to take some control away from the FA, or is that just a massive coincidence?

How do you suppose rules are not applying to all clubs?

Those players are sold off the back of successful loans. Like Morton being flogged to Leipzig for 20m. Not off a bit of youth football and ten minutes off the bench.

We got Philogene last summer for 5m and that was after a few loan spells in the championship. You're telling me these guys have shown more?

Why would there be outrage?

Everton supporters would do well to direct their anger in the right areas.

As presumably one of the lucky 6, the league haven't been doing us any favours over the last five years or so. And perhaps if Everton didn't drop their skirt and vote with United/Liverpool/Arsenal on pretty much every FFP vote in that time the rules might be a bit more reasonable.

Why would there be outrage?

Everton supporters would do well to direct their anger in the right areas.

As presumably one of the lucky 6, the league haven't been doing us any favours over the last five years or so. And perhaps if Everton didn't drop their skirt and vote with United/Liverpool/Arsenal on pretty much every FFP vote in that time the rules might be a bit more reasonable.

115 charges and you’ve been able to operate as business as usual, where are you getting no favours from?

The anger has been directed to the right areas the whole time - the Premier League and the making up of rules as they go along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

115 charges and you’ve been able to operate as business as usual, where are you getting no favours from?

Why shouldn't we be able to operate business as usual when we haven't been found guilty of an offence?

Or do you think we should be facing restrictions before our guilt or otherwise is determined?

Doesn't seem that fair. And you think that's doing us a favour, LOL.

The anger has been directed to the right areas the whole time - the Premier League and the making up of rules as they go along.

The rules are voted on by the clubs including Everton who have consistently voted in favour of more regulation.

The rules that the league might (but probably wont) use to stop your lot of swaps have been around for ages.

Everton voted for them.

Not Taylor Harwood-Bellis (who will hopefully a really good signing for Southampton). Not Man City. We have nothing to do with your current transfer plans.

Last edited:

You're really not doing yourself any favours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back