Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye Michael Olise, not quite the finished product yet, but been a joy watching you develop over the past 3 seasons. Glad he is not playing against us.

Bought for only ÂŁ8m, sold for ÂŁ50m +, good business for us, trying to look at it in those terms, but..............would've have liked a full season on the pitch with Eze, Guehi, Olise, Mateta, Wharton, Munoz, Andersen and with Doucoure returning.

We now have a battle to Keep Guehi and Eze, this year and Wharton next season.

Have bought in Riad for not much and Kamada on a free in positive news, hopefully a few more.
It's always the difficult thing with being a club outside the top 6. If you show some promise, you can all but guarantee you'll only get the one season with the nucleus of your squad that's driven the improvement.

Shots fired

With respect to Adam football isn't played on paper and Delap contributed a whole lot more than just the goal output. He's a terrific young striker and Ipswich have recognised that. I've said multiple times he's the natural successor to Kane in the England set up. His ability to pick the ball up, turn and run at a defence on either foot is remarkable for his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's always the difficult thing with being a club outside the top 6. If you show some promise, you can all but guarantee you'll only get the one season with the nucleus of your squad that's driven the improvement.
Is the only way forward, I get it. Will help build the new main stand which has already started. Increases capacity to 34k with much more capability for match day revenue.

Helps bridge the financial gap, even if just a little in the grand scheme of things.

Palace women now in WSL, 18s won the PL International Cup, we're moving in the right direction.

It's the same at almost any level to be fair. We almost made the Top 6 and have now lost 90% of the squad. Granted we now have a sizeable income to build the new squad off, but all it takes is half of those signings being duds and we've not really progressed at all and arguably gone backwards.

Would imagine Everton will get pissed off with United putting in bids that are never going to get accepted.

Put up or shut up time.

Manchester City have spent over a decade not being ****ed over in the transfer market and not over-paying for players. So you more than anyone would know that your own club wouldn’t do what you’re saying. This has been a refreshing change from United.

Manchester City have spent over a decade not being ****ed over in the transfer market and not over-paying for players. So you more than anyone would know that your own club wouldn’t do what you’re saying. This has been a refreshing change from United.
There's a difference between not over paying for players and putting in bids that are never going to be accepted.

Sometimes it’s the same thing.
Sometimes, but not in this case.

Maybe you're hoping that Evertons PSR issues will force their hand, maybe you're hoping that putting in bids will push Branthwaite into agitating for a move.

But there really is no value in putting in a bid tens of millions less than what Everton will accept. And it will just piss off the selling club.

Not saying you have to jump straight to the asking price, but something in a ballpark will at least give them something to think about, and won't piss them off.

If a club came in and bid ÂŁ20m for Mainoo or Garnacho you'd have a laugh, but if they kept on putting in bids that were never going to get accepted I'm sure United would see it as something totally different altogether.

Sometimes, but not in this case.

Maybe you're hoping that Evertons PSR issues will force their hand, maybe you're hoping that putting in bids will push Branthwaite into agitating for a move.

But there really is no value in putting in a bid tens of millions less than what Everton will accept. And it will just piss off the selling club.

Not saying you have to jump straight to the asking price, but something in a ballpark will at least give them something to think about, and won't piss them off.

Can see that happening. Maybe we are waiting for Greenwood to… **** off… first and then use some of those funds to up a bid for Branthwaite. Even if this particular deal doesn’t happening, the club are working on other CB signings, so there are other plans.

If a club came in and bid ÂŁ20m for Mainoo or Garnacho you'd have a laugh, but if they kept on putting in bids that were never going to get accepted I'm sure United would see it as something totally different altogether.

Okay, fair enough. I suppose I would be pretty irritated if it happened with my club.

It’s not perfectly reasonable, that’s the whole point lol. Kilman isn’t half the defender he is and he just went for £40mil

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back