Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Chelsea are paying Sancho’s full wage, which is a win for this season. The obligation to buy apparently kicks in if Chelsea finish in the top 14, so that should be an easy trigger to meet. We’ve taken a hit on the original fee, but getting rid of Sancho is all the supporters care about.
Apparently he's taking a pay cut and there's no loan fee.

The obligation won't be a problem though. £20-25m depending on achievements

Good window for us. Cleared out some deadwood, some smart sales on youngsters and we bought in a lot of players who can help right away and are in the right age bracket. Few more summer windows to complete the squad turnaround. Need to stay lean as the academy has a lot of talent coming through with Lacey, Fletcher, Ibragimov and Amass needing opportunities over the next 24 months.

Our squad didn't need much, but if you asked most blues they would have said a backup/long term replacement for Rodri was needed. And maybe a replacement for Walker.

Got neither of those although Lewis' return to defence this season has started well.

Alvarez leaving was a surprise, Savinho not so much of a surprise but more a luxury signing than an urgent need.

£140m profit this window and £70m profit over the past 5 years is good for the financial health of the club.

But I think at some stage we'll need to start spending again. The next Ederson, the next Walker, the next KDB, the next Bernardo etc won't come cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Serie A highlights show on Sunday mornings religiously as a little kid in the 90s.

Now, Serie A is full of pensioners / EPL rejects.
Milan realising Emerson Royal’s limitations in their draw with Lazio overnight. Both Lazio goals coming down Royal’s side

My lad has just said Salah has announced this will be his last season at Liverpool.

Don't see it anywhere so probably bollocks.
Club hasn't offered a deal to him yet, so as far as he knows he's only got 1 year left.

****ing hell 😂

Todd Boehly seriously thinks football is the same as baseball where 8-14 year contracts are pretty standard in free agency.
I read something earlier - unsure on accuracy - but it said he believes he can just terminate contracts when he likes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back