Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

catzfan

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry if I'm being annoying but what would it take for Geelong to trade for T. Boak.
1. Tom Lonergan + Brent Prismall?
2. First Round + Tom Lonergan?
3. Second Round + David Wojinski?

Thanks

I doubt if we would trade Boak, all three possibilities look good, but as I said, I doubt if we would ever trade Boak

I think it would be a good trade for both clubs the first one. Fairly equal, Prismall probably doesn't have quite as much potential as Boak but we have many of his type and with Nablett also a large number of forwards so could afford to lose Lonergan. I just have this feeling that Selwood and Boak would be perfect together.

Sorry if I'm being annoying but what would it take for Geelong to trade for T. Boak.
1. Tom Lonergan + Brent Prismall?
2. First Round + Tom Lonergan?
3. Second Round + David Wojinski?

Thanks

If Mark Williams does that I'm burning down his house.

Boak probably won't get traded. I'd take Lonergan and Prismall for him though, I just doubt that Bomber would give that up.

Selwood

Seriously, its nowhere near time for the Bigfooty Annual Dud-And-A-Pick Social.

I think it would be a good trade for both clubs the first one. Fairly equal, Prismall probably doesn't have quite as much potential as Boak but we have many of his type and with Nablett also a large number of forwards so could afford to lose Lonergan. I just have this feeling that Selwood and Boak would be perfect together.

Well how bout you give us Selwood and we'll find out :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apart from Mooney's well known problems (which he seems to have cleaned up), i've never seen him as a dominant forward.. he looks good now, because of the quality of the delivery to him. he's still a very good player no doubt, He is also probably 28 at the least?

Lonergan is younger, and looks like he can become better than Mooney.

I gotta say, Lonergan and Prismall is tempting. Very.

Sorry to jump in, but this is madness DT. Utter madness.

Prismall has this massive trade currency because he is seen as this tragic figure who can't crack a team of super heroes. He's ok, but he isn't a gun and he wouldn't be nearly as effective in your side as he is when he gets a spot in their C rotation and racks up 25 easy touches. Tom Lonergan is Damon White.

Boak is going to head your midfield in 18 months. He'll be a star. If Port did that I would be pissed off at the simple display of stupidity shown by fellow humans.

Cant say im at all sold on Lonergan. I reckon hes a forward version of Barnaby French. He does have just about the best midfield ever assembled feeding him. He would have kicked 2 goals this year in our setup.

Prismall definately has talent and would be a good to very good player, but I still think Boak is a better prospect.

Id be happy to trade for Prismall, but Id never be giving up Boak.

Cant say im at all sold on Lonergan. I reckon hes a forward version of Barnaby French. He does have just about the best midfield ever assembled feeding him. He would have kicked 2 goals this year in our setup.

Prismall definately has talent and would be a good to very good player, but I still think Boak is a better prospect.

Id be happy to trade for Prismall, but Id never be giving up Boak.

Agree with Macca on this one. :thumbsu:

Lonergan isn't much. Looks good playing in an excellent side. Goodish type, that's about it.

Prismall is an interesting one. Great foot skills would be a welcomed addition to our side but not for the likes of Boak. Would like to see this guy play a little more but obviously he's finding it hard to crack a regular gig given the strength of Geelong's midfield and forward set up.

We really shouldn't trade any young player unless we are 100% sure he does not fit into our structure (if we have one :eek:), or if we think he won't make it as a very good to elite level player, or we have alot of his type.

Guys like Boak, Krakouer, Gray etc we shouldn't even be talking of trades. They all have the ability to be very, very good players. Trading guys like that before we are sure of their top end level of achievement is a dangerous way of going, especially for guys that have no chance of getting to the elite level.

I think we should be very active come trade time. However, that should only be for guys we have too many of, guys that have not got to the level we all hoped, and guys that are not willing to do what is required to get us back up the top, or if we have the chance to grab an excellent player who is what we need. That to me would NOT include young guys that are still a fair way off their best.

This sort of talk reminds me of crow fans in the early 90s who would ring AA and say that they should trade players like Ricciuto, Bickley, Smart, Hart etc in search of the holy grail centre half forward.

In the end they found a coach who could build a forward structure around Matty Robran (and of course Modra altho they won two GF's without him in the side) and all those quality young players they wanted to trade stayed and became stars for them.

Sorry to jump in, but this is madness DT. Utter madness.

Prismall has this massive trade currency because he is seen as this tragic figure who can't crack a team of super heroes. He's ok, but he isn't a gun and he wouldn't be nearly as effective in your side as he is when he gets a spot in their C rotation and racks up 25 easy touches. Tom Lonergan is Damon White.

Boak is going to head your midfield in 18 months. He'll be a star. If Port did that I would be pissed off at the simple display of stupidity shown by fellow humans.

Yeah, cringeworthy in hindsight.

I guess the thought of a genuine KPF to take some heat off of Tredders was too strong for my oft-vaunted sense of style and brass tacks common sense.

Lonergan and Prismall for Boak? BABALITY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Travis Boak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back