Travis Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Calls for Varcoe to be dropped

poke the bear, sit back and enjoy.

varcoe is the best, chuck out the rest.

LOL...stirrer.

I have heard they might make him captain instead of Joel next year. He has way more discipline. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Whose been dropped after being subbed off during a game this year ?
Hawkins might be the only one

Mmmmm not sure but I wasn't referring to what happened but what players might be expecting. As far as I know perhaps Varcoe himself didn't expect to play this week..... you never know.... but the coaching panel may have changed their mind about dropping him after losing Selwood - but that's speculation on my part. He still might get a rest but it doesn't change the fact that Chris Scott reckons Varcoe is in our best 18 and has done a lot of extra work this year.

And sorry for being a pedant JubJub but it's "Who's been dropped...." ;)

And I'm sure Peake is Maori :D

Just no more horse jokes, ok?

LOL...stirrer.

I have heard they might make him captain instead of Joel next year. He has way more discipline. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

never, varcoe to be captain of the team of the century.

Sorry! Have no idea what you're talking about!

:confused:

the roy masters of the afl always makes sense bookmark it.

varcoes crap, 3 talls down back, 3 tall down forward, 3 talls in the middle, 3 talls on the bench.....add lib to fade.

LOL...stirrer.

Don't worry about him he's discipline alright, just the way you don't want.

Suppose at least he won't get reported, since he never goes near anyone!:D

Did anyone else hear Chris Scott say after the game vs Hawthorn that Varcoe has increased his work load this year? He has been working harder than ever, apparently, not that everyone notices or appreciates the jobs he gets given to do.

Apparently is a key word. I'd love to know what job in footy requires gathering 6 touches and having zero physical presence.

It's laughable how some people think he should stay in because Selwood is out, like he's some sort of replacement. In truth he's at the opposite end of the spectrum. Varcoe in the centre square against a strong side like St.Kilda is the worst possible outcome for us.

What he can't claim is that he hasn't had chances, that's for sure.

Apparently is a key word. I'd love to know what job in footy requires gathering 6 touches and having zero physical presence.

It's laughable how some people think he should stay in because Selwood is out, like he's some sort of replacement. In truth he's at the opposite end of the spectrum. Varcoe in the centre square against a strong side like St.Kilda is the worst possible outcome for us.

What he can't claim is that he hasn't had chances, that's for sure.

I'm sorry if having Varcoe in the team upsets you Partridge but it was Chris Scott who said that Varcoe's workload has increased this year in a K Rock interview after last week's game. He also said that Varcoe is in the best 18.

This is really, really hard for you to understand but sometimes players are given instructions on where to stand and are told not to not go into the packs and our players are following their instructions incredibly well which may have something to do with our 11-0 results so far this season.

Despite this Varcoe has not been at his best. Do you think he doesn't know that? I'm certain he was as surprised as anyone when he was named this week and the only reason I could think of why he would still be named was the suspension of Selwood. However he still might not play and if Christiensen's hip is ok then he'll probably come in and Varcoe will get a week off for a well-earned rest

I'm sorry if having Varcoe in the team upsets you Partridge but it was Chris Scott who said that Varcoe's workload has increased this year in a K Rock interview after last week's game. He also said that Varcoe is in the best 18.

This is really, really hard for you to understand but sometimes players are given instructions on where to stand and are told not to not go into the packs and our players are following their instructions incredibly well which may have something to do with our 11-0 results so far this season.

Despite this Varcoe has not been at his best. Do you think he doesn't know that? I'm certain he was as surprised as anyone when he was named this week and the only reason I could think of why he would still be named was the suspension of Selwood. However he still might not play and if Christiensen's hip is ok then he'll probably come in and Varcoe will get a week off for a well-earned rest

This is far too sensible for this thread.

Go and stand in the corner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was very soft early on tonight. Seemed to get into a bit of form through the game and did a few good things. Maybe on the road to recovery?

Varcoe gathers ...

streams thru the middle...

one bounce...

shrugs a tackle...

looks ready to explode...

and then the ball doesnt come back.

That about sums it up really, things just aren't bouncing his way. The workrate is there, you can see him busting his gut up and down the ground but it just isn't working at the minute.

Keep him in, we can afford to atm. It'll come eventually.

His work rate is poor. Sure those couple of little runs looked good but overall he played like crap. Bring in Bundy, Varcoe needs to get his form in the Magoos.

His work rate is poor. Sure those couple of little runs looked good but overall he played like crap. Bring in Bundy, Varcoe needs to get his form in the Magoos.

Do you even know what work rate means? I'm sure if you did you would know Varcoe's is not poor.

Say he is not getting the ball enough, or hanging around packs too much, but the guy is trying. Maybe that is not enough, who knows? But stop the drivel about his work rate. That's fine.

Varcoe gathers ...

streams thru the middle...

one bounce...

shrugs a tackle...

looks ready to explode...

and then the ball doesnt come back.

That about sums it up really, things just aren't bouncing his way. The workrate is there, you can see him busting his gut up and down the ground but it just isn't working at the minute.

Keep him in, we can afford to atm. It'll come eventually.
Agree , 12-0, and he's been in ALL of them, and will come good. Wait til his intensive training tapers off.

We've just won our 12th straight game and yet within 45 minutes of the final siren we've got people bumping threads about one of our players struggling.

I'll never understand the apparent glee some take in one of our players going through a rough patch.

It could also be that some fans want weaknesses eradicated so the side becomes even stronger.

Scott himself said after the game there is lots of room for improvement. If replacing Varcoe with Christensen improves the team (as replacing Hawkins with Vardy appears to have done) I don't see what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back