Votes: 108 21.4%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrr, Shiel played on too mate
Delayed concussion mate happens regularly thats why he sat out the game but keep believing that Astbury caused it.

FWIW i hope he gets off because he doesn't deserve to miss a GF for that but under the current rules he should get a fine which means a week off

Delayed concussion mate happens regularly thats why he sat out the game but keep believing that Astbury caused it.

FWIW i hope he gets off because he doesn't deserve to miss a GF for that but under the current rules he should get a fine which means a week off
I never mentioned Astbury. I don't know where Shiel's concussion occurred. Very surprised if it was in this incident because there was no sharp contact to his noggin - no fist, no elbow, no shoulder. Looks like Cotchin's back to me in the frequently posted image.

So you are certain that Cotch caused his concussion even though he continued to play for 10 mins and was then bumped hard by Astbury...

No you can't... Cotch hard fair clash, and that is all it was

I get you don't want him rubbed out most people don't but we have to base things on the rules no matter the stage of the year. I'd be certain from the footage I've seen that Cotchin caused the concussion.

Him continuing to play doesn't mean much. I got concussed drove home (don't remember it) even went back to work. Was off work for 6 months after that. If anything GWS should be looked at as well. They saw him get hit in head and allowed him to play

Hitting someone in the head and causing a concussion where you miss most of the game is not what I'd call fair.

Lol at people saying 'for the integrity of the game he must get weeks'.
Give me a spell, stop using your anti-richmond goggles. I'm 100% sure you'd have a different view of the incident if it was your captain.

It's a contact sport, Cotchin was low and had eyes only for the ball. A byproduct of playing in the AFL, is that brutal collisions occur. It's unfortunate for Shiel. I firmly believe that the AFL should have a 23rd man rule (only to cover a player who has been ruled out of the game with injury). It was unfair for GWS to be a man down.
But Cotchin should absolutely NOT be cited for this.

Give me a spell, stop using your anti-richmond goggles. I'm 100% sure you'd have a different view of the incident if it was your captain.

It's a contact sport, Cotchin was low and had eyes only for the ball. A byproduct of playing in the AFL, is that brutal collisions occur. It's unfortunate for Shiel. I firmly believe that the AFL should have a 23rd man rule (only to cover a player who has been ruled out of the game with injury). It was unfair for GWS to be a man down.

Well that's a shocker.

Lol get your biased goggles off. He clearly went for Shiel, and even if he went for the ball (which footage clearly shows he doesn't) the fact is he made contact with his head and put him out of the game illegally. He will not play next week, however that wont stop 3 maggots trying to get Richmond over the line with a 5 goal head start

Cotchin was going for the ball, and he never left the ground, and he couldn't have gotton lower, those of you demanding a suspension need a bex, it won't even be sited IMO, and nor should it.
Think you need to change you team supporting, as clearly those glasses are affecting your ability to have a ****ing clue

WOW a lot of worried desperate Tiger supporters in this thread

Bottom line is Cotchin only has himself to blame - 2 strikes (fines) this year means he is stuffed

The head is sacrosanct - the AFL have made this clear - Shiel's head was over the ball - Cotchin tried to run through him and got him high

Bye Bye Cpt Cotch!!

Said this on the main board but I’ve never understood the ‘shouldn’t miss a grand final’ point of view.

Rules should be applied the same across the board, irrespective of whether it’s a pre-season match, middle of the regular season or a finals series match. Not just for the integrity of that sport but so that players can train accordingly before and during the season.

Cotchin would be unlucky in the sense that in that particular incident there was no malice, but if he was deemed to have made contact to the head, then I don’t see how he escapes suspension/fine. If not, then he should play.

Slightly off tangent but this ‘pre-soft****’ era defence is horseshit too, the players are faster, bigger, and more adept at playing footy than they were 30 years ago, so the scope for injury is much higher these days and it’s a shame the focus on concussion from the football public is is still relatively small.

Read post. .. checks supported club, ROFL...
Good one :rolleyes:

Someone might want to tell these Richmond fans that there's a grand final to win after a prelim...they haven't won shit yet, yet all their fans and players are jumping up and down like they've already won it. Gonna be hilarious when Adelaide smoke them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite amazing that the Supreme Court can get involved with FootyTribunal decisions

Yeah wasting time on that than real cases. It would be a pretty quick case. The judge will say it was definitely careless, it was definitely high and there was at a minimum a low impact. Even at low impact he still gets fined and that's his 3rd strike.

If you just look at the actual hit, it looks like he was bumping.....
if you look before that, you see that the ball had gone out in front of Shiel and Cothcin was already diving in for the ball before Shiel had put his hands on it.
Incidental clash.... Screenshot from 2017-09-24 04:54:37.png
Sorry about the grainy image...best I could do :)

Why? Shiels clutched his arm not his head in the Citch incident and played the quarter. Look at the Astbury bump 10 minutes later. .. could easily have caused the concussion

Please stop with the clutched his arm nonsense.

He was crouched down, looking as dazed and confused as a drunk sitting on a curb.

Last edited:
So Sloane will also be gone? Chose to bump danger. Got him high.
Lol - "chose to bump", Sloane didn't bump at all.

Even if Cotchin is done for the lowest of lows for high contact from a bump - it's a fine. How are they gonna get around that? Try and call it rough conduct?

Ellis is going to be an interesting one too. How the hell are they going to get around that one?

Look we all understand what a corrupt organisation the AFL are - they are thinking about the bottom line, and they will bend the rules until they get the result they are looking for.

Good one :rolleyes:

Someone might want to tell these Richmond fans that there's a grand final to win after a prelim...they haven't won shit yet, yet all their fans and players are jumping up and down like they've already won it. Gonna be hilarious when Adelaide smoke them.

No they haven't, they are enjoying the ride and are wrapped about a great win
We are in a GF

Take some happy pills, may help your sour outlook in life

Last edited:
He's allowed to brace for contact.
Sure ... but that happens in round 10 and no-one blinks an eyelid when he gets suspended. This thing we do in the AFL where we get players off for big finals is laughable.

Everyone is sad at the prospect of Cotchin missing the GF? Anyone give a second's thought to Shiel who just missed the Prelim and possibly a GF because of Cotchin's actions? GWS were ahead when Shiel got concussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back