• One week

Votes: 108 21.4%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i watch it the more i think he gets multiple weeks. Whether he was going for the ball or not he still went into bump and got him in the heac

Id much rather see him play but if there is any consistency he will be missing 2-3 matches

It's so blatant that even Jon Ralph has hung the captain of the side he follows:

"He was trying to hurt Dylan Shiel...........he goes in to try and hurt a player, now it was delayed concussion, the AFL says that about 25% of concussions are delayed (the Astbury defence has just been torpedoed) so GWS has no issues there..."

The kind of things the MRP will look at:

Did he have an alternative? Yes
Could he have tackled? Yes
Did he bump? Yes
Did he run past the ball? Yes

It is always so typical for team supporters on here to come out in mass defense of a player from their team when the stakes are high.
I know because, in another life, I did it for Chris Judd.
I think if you bothered to check my track record I've generally stood up for players from all teams in cases like this, but I don't expect you to

I can't stand the posting of still images and ultra-slow-mo footage as evidence against players for incidents that occur in a split second. Again, it's as if people have never played the game, never been put in a position where unsure whether to go hard for the ball or not. AFL players don't even think about it any more - almost to a man they just go hard all the time, and occasionally contact occurs where one players comes off worse for wear. It's very different to when a player lines up another (like the Ziebell video posted earlier) with no intent other than to take out the man. If Cotchin wasn't trying to win the ball he wouldn't have won the ball.

I think if you bothered to check my track record I've generally stood up for players from all teams in cases like this, but I don't expect you to

I can't stand the posting of still images and ultra-slow-mo footage as evidence against players for incidents that occur in a split second. Again, it's as if people have never played the game, never been put in a position where unsure whether to go hard for the ball or not. AFL players don't even think about it any more - almost to a man they just go hard all the time, and occasionally contact occurs where one players comes off worse for wear. It's very different to when a player lines up another (like the Ziebell video posted earlier) with no intent other than to take out the man. If Cotchin wasn't trying to win the ball he wouldn't have won the ball.

I don't think anyone is proposing it was malicious.

Cotchin was going for the ball, and he never left the ground, and he couldn't have gotton lower, those of you demanding a suspension need a bex, it won't even be sited IMO, and nor should it.

And the fact that he clutched his arm and not head after incident and played for a further 10 minutes and then was bumped hard by Astbury... could easily have caused the concussion that led him to be tested then benched...

And the fact that he clutched his arm and not head after incident and played for a further 10 minutes and then was bumped hard by Astbury... could easily have caused the concussion that led him to be tested then benched...
He has nothing to worry about mate, Ellis might be in trouble though, but it wasn't worthy of missing a GF, hopefully both get off.

His intention all along was to bump Shiel to help him win the ball. Which is fine except Shiel got the ball first and he hit him in the head causing a concussion. It was a mistake but there are consequences if you have other alternatives prior to that.

If we went for the ball to grab it then braced himself and still got him I'd see no problem there. His arm was tucked though he never tried to get the ball.

It actually should be a very easy decision for the AFL. The rule book and common sense dictate that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has nothing to worry about mate, Ellis might be in trouble though, but it wasn't worthy of missing a GF, hopefully both get off.

Agree

Don't like any players from any team missing the biggest game when we play a hard contested Aussie rules game

Malice and intent ie striking is a different matter ie Houli and should be punished

Let's not make this great game of ours any softer

He didn't choose to bump. He went after the ball and braced for contact when he realized it was coming. Pretty simple really.

Two players, both going at the ball, contact occurs. If Cotchin gets cited so does Sloane.
Your comment about Sloane shows how biased you are totally different and Danger played on big difference

There is a fine line between incidental and careless.

If you can prove incidental from this then ring up the Richmond footy club and they will make you a millionaire.

upload_2017-9-24_0-56-9.jpeg

His intention all along was to bump Shiel to help him win the ball. Which is fine except Shiel got the ball first and he hit him in the head causing a concussion. It was a mistake but there are consequences if you have other alternatives prior to that.

If we went for the ball to grab it then braced himself and still got him I'd see no problem there. His arm was tucked though he never tried to get the ball.

It actually should be a very easy decision for the AFL. The rule book and common sense dictate that.

So you are certain that Cotch caused his concussion even though he continued to play for 10 mins and was then bumped hard by Astbury...

No you can't... Cotch hard fair clash, and that is all it was

He should clearly go under the current laws but would put any amount of money on a "no alternative way to contest the ball" outcome.

He should clearly go under the current laws but would put any amount of money on a "no alternative way to contest the ball" outcome.

Why? Shiels clutched his arm not his head in the Citch incident and played the quarter. Look at the Astbury bump 10 minutes later. .. could easily have caused the concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back