• One week

Votes: 108 21.4%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he'd prepare for contact. There's a player there. Do you want him to let the player just get the ball ahead of him?
The player who chooses to bump has a responsibility to ensure it is not high. Been that way for a long time now....

No it wasn't, Sloane and Danger front on contact going for the ball.

Cotchin trying to set a physical example for his young team mates like he did in their last game when he got Danger, this time he flushed Shiel in the head. He has to be gone.

Tucked his arm in and cannoned straight into Shiel, I'm not sure he could even see the ball with his head tucked in. At no stage leading up to contact did Cotchin have an arm / hand out to try and grab the ball.
Wrong...Dangerfield had the ball. Sloane needed to tackle or corral Danger. He went into survival mode and took PD high.

At the exact moment of contact, cotchin also had a hand on the ball. He went for the ball, braced for contact.

IF the MRP deem he went for the ball, he will get off. If they deem he went for the bump, he will get weeks.

He will miss games imo.

I think you could argue it's cotchin's back that makes contact to the head, not his shoulder.

Would that mean it's not actually a "bump" according to the MRP rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the vision posted earlier in the thread, Shiel, if you can say lucky, was probably lucky that he took the brunt of the contact to the head, if he didn't, I reckon there's half a chance that his knee may have been wrecked instead.

If he doesn't get a week then it will be an absolute joke. At the very least it will be a fine which equals suspension but it should be a week anyway. Hit a player in the head and they get concussion means you are gone.
Bye bye Sloane

The fines have to be from the same offence 3 times in order for him to cop a suspension according to AFL rules. If it is a different offence, then the suspension won't apply.

This hit is not the same as his other two offences.

Should be suspended based on precedent. Bit is every hit dirty these days? Get off it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back