• Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a hobby champ.

It's a valid question.

There are many respondents who express the opinion that Cotchin will only get off solely because the AFL places other interests ahead of a proper interpretation of the rules.

If you don't believe me, just go back through this thread and take a look for yourself.

It's a valid question.

There are many respondents who express the opinion that Cotchin will only get off solely because the AFL places other interests ahead of a proper interpretation of the rules.

If you don't believe me, just go back through this thread and take a look for yourself.
He gets off and rightly so. It won't even be deemed a bump but more so a collision with cotchin having no other alternative. Nothing more certain

I think Ellis will prob get 1 week, but because it’s a GF and his opponent wasn’t KOed, he will be let off

Makes it seem stupid in comparison that redpath got 3 weeks for a slap to the neck.

Cochin its a hard one, its not your typical bump, he went low which might save him
But if he is given his 3rd strike then cant do anything about it
The 3rd strike is Cotchin greatest enemy. Even the lowest grade offence will see him suspended. And IMO there is nothing that can completely clear him given Shiels sat out the remainder of the game with concussion. The so called experts on Game Day reckon it was simply a footy incident and should be cleared. I hope they're right.

Dangerfield wasn't concussed... Dangerfield and Sloane ran at eachother... front on.... Sloane went to tackle... danger fell forward..

Different types of collision.
Wrong ...Sloane did not attempt to tackle went into survival mode.................................Dangers momentum was forward and he had the ball. He won't get suspended so don't worry about it. Sloane has a history of non football type body action just a symptom of the modern player. Good Luck to Adelaide next week.

He gets off and rightly so. It won't even be deemed a bump but more so a collision with cotchin having no other alternative. Nothing more certain

What does this have to do with my post?

Nothing.

Stop dictating to people and let them have their say.

Brereton as usual doesn't know what he's talking about.

Knocking an opponent out of the way and putting yourself between him and the ball is a legitimate way of going for the ball.

The question is the execution not Te intent.

So your saying an AFL champion doesn't know what their talking about....

As opposed to you knowing?

So your saying an AFL champion doesn't know what their talking about....

As opposed to you knowing?

You're obviously not very familiar with Timmy.

Just scroll past.

The 3rd strike is Cotchin greatest enemy. Even the lowest grade offence will see him suspended. And IMO there is nothing that can completely clear him given Shiels sat out the remainder of the game with concussion. The so called experts on Game Day reckon it was simply a footy incident and should be cleared. I hope they're right.

I hate the guy. I'd love to see him suspended, but he has got 2 strikes
He was never getting to the ball also , Shiel is head over the ball , cochin was reckless

But you'd hate to see him get suspended for going hard at the footy

Having said that. Redpath got 3 weeks for a slap to the neck which prob cost us a win over port and finals over.

Danger got suspended and possibly cost the Brownlow , so let's see how consistent they are

How many times have we seen "simply a footy incident" suspended. IF you knock the head you'll be getting some punishment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clear him to play. I don't care about the 'integrity' or 'any other game' arguments... it's the grand final ffs! Let him play!

I like the idea of the clean slate for finals, would save us in the future for minor incidents like this getting a week because of the 2 prior incidents.

Clear him to play. I don't care about the 'integrity' or 'any other game' arguments... it's the grand final ffs! Let him play!

I like the idea of the clean slate for finals, would save us in the future for minor incidents like this getting a week because of the 2 prior incidents.

Especially bloody jumper punches.

The problem with that is the prelim's would just about become an 'anything goes' match because you know you can't be suspended.

To help you out, here's the pic you are trying to show ...

48b045aa01449e96a60a7cb8b592e0f1

I'm not sure what you see there? That is after impact ...

After just seeing the Astbury hit on replay he doesnt make head contact there, its front on in the chest. Im not buying Cotchin was going for the ball, he has disguised it, but he had no chance of getting the ball when just diving in like that at that speed. They cant say for the past couple of years they want to protect head contact and then have an incident with a player with his head over the ball about to take possesion get concussed and just ignore it.

Brereton as usual doesn't know what he's talking about.

Knocking an opponent out of the way and putting yourself between him and the ball is a legitimate way of going for the ball.

The question is the execution not Te intent.

Can you explain the difference between "knocking" a player out of the way and "bumping" a player out of the way?

If it's a bump he's gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back