Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very far from an error mate. Imo Kreuzer had the best debut year from any 18 year old ruckman i have ever seen. I'm not denying that Cotchin is a great player and may well be a better player over his career. But in their first year there was little difference in both players performances to say that it was a monumental error. The big fella won us a game off his own boot and with less then 10 games to his belt. The kid has a lot of heart and desire and has shown that he will be a very good ruckman for a long period of time. I'm very happy we got him.

I'm sure the pies were very happy when they got josh fraser too.

Um, Dean Putt wasn't a number 1 pick, we are developing him in the reserves, and besides that he is a forward not a ruckmen
What does it matter where he was picked? The first and last time draft order has any importance is draft day. After that, a dud is a dud.

Nonetheless... whether Fraser was better or not is irrelevant. Kreuzer still performed above and beyond what was expected and showed enough to suggest he will be a star.

I'm sure the pies were very happy when they got josh fraser too.

What has Fraser got to with how good Kreuzer is going to be? A player determines how good they are going to be. Just because Josh Fraser didn't really live up to his hype doesn't mean Matty K wont. I'm sick of people saying his going to be lik Josh Fraser. The only thing i see that these 2 blokes have in common is that they're both number one draft picks and ruckman. No point comparing him to Josh Fraser because he isn't Josh Fraser.

What has Fraser got to with how good Kreuzer is going to be? A player determines how good they are going to be. Just because Josh Fraser didn't really live up to his hype doesn't mean Matty K wont. I'm sick of people saying his going to be lik Josh Fraser. The only thing i see that these 2 blokes have in common is that they're both number one draft picks and ruckman. No point comparing him to Josh Fraser because he isn't Josh Fraser.
Precisely. Fortunately the only people who make these comparisons are the ones who obviously lack an appreciation of the finer subtleties.

The only traits that Kreuzer has in common with Fraser are the good ones... he is mobile and is good around the ground. They differ in areas like physicality and endeavour. Kreuzer loves the contest and will give absolutely everything he's got during a game.

For those people linking Fraser with Kruezer, at least Carlton have learnt from the Pies mistakes and strengthened their ruck division. This will allow Kruezer more time to gain the bulk to play as a ruckman.
Exactly.

Fraser was just as talented as Kruezer as a junior. His body has been completely ruined and he can barely jump off the ground, due to being our ruckman from the word go. He could have been a heap better.

Matty Kruezer was the best talent available in that draft by miles, so the Blues choice was ultimately an easy one. Just as there was a big talent gap between 1 and 2, there was an almost as big a talent gap between pick 2 and 3. Even Miller couldn't stuff that #2 pick up. Matty Kruezer possesses freakish abilities. Once the ball hits the deck, he plays as a true over-sized midfielder. His actual is a class inside-midfielder. Can also play wing, and KP forward. An extreme and unique talent. Cotchin should turn out good, although I'm concerned at the Tiges por development record. Plenty of players with ability have gone backwards and had their careers destroyed under the influence of the infamous "culture" at Richmond. If Cotchin were at the Blues, he'd be behind Gibbs and Murph, in the midfield talent pecking order. At Richmond he is easily the most talented player on their list. The problem is he has no midfield role models. It's just going to be an uphill battle, and a bit of bad luck for him the way the draft picks turned out. :)

Gee Parrot's can talk..not much sense though....awwwwwk

This is surprising... insecure Richmond supporters perceive they may have actually won out of something and pounce.

FWIW would any Richmond supporter be happy giving up Cotchin to Carltank for Kruezer alone, I doubt it very very much. Probably vice versa.

I feel very lucky that Cotchin was available at 2. I bet the hawks fans think they were the lucky that Rioli was available to them, same for Freo fans.

Simple fact's are that had you had a ruckmen, just one of note, you would have taken Cotchin in a heartbeat. You had little choice, and we would have done exactly the same thing.

Lucky for you Kruezer is a top talent. Lucky for us that Cotchin is an exceptional talent.

Simple fact's are that had you had a ruckmen, just one of note, you would have taken Cotchin in a heartbeat. You had little choice, and we would have done exactly the same thing.

except we're developing the best midfield of the afl in 3-4 years and you guys only have deledio and foley. so it wouldn't have mattered for you, whereas we had the luxury of being able to overlook cotchin you guys didn't.

except we're developing the best midfield of the afl in 3-4 years and you guys only have deledio and foley. so it wouldn't have mattered for you, whereas we had the luxury of being able to overlook cotchin you guys didn't.
My god your a biased idiot:rolleyes:

I feel very lucky that Cotchin was available at 2. I bet the hawks fans think they were the lucky that Rioli was available to them, same for Freo fans.
I think the cards did fall well for you... two stand outs + you having pick 2 meant that you were always going to more or less get the best in the draft.

Except it isn't a "simple fact" and this is where the majority of football fans fall short - myopia. You obviously know little about Kreuzer and you are making these broad statements on the very little you would have seen of him this year.

I am not knocking Cotchin at all because at draft time last year I was secretly hoping we would take him, BUT, when Kreuzer hits ~22 years old he will be a monster and he will be the kind of player that AFL coaches lose sleep about. A 200cm 100kg+ running machine that very ably competes in ruck contests then plays as a 200cm midfielder, and can also go forward and outmuscle and outreach nearly any defender in the AFL. He also has nice disposal, good footy smarts and knows where to position himself to get into the play and get the ball. We weren't "forced" into taking anyone... it was very much our choice the whole time.

My god your a biased idiot:rolleyes:

very easy to make statements like that.

go on, tell me what midfield will be better than this in 4-5 years:
gibbs (23), judd (28), murphy (25), kreuzer (23), walker (25), grigg (24), stevens (32), simpson (28), carrazzo (28) and maybe pick 6 (22) this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gibbs (23), judd (28), murphy (25), kreuzer (23), walker (25), grigg (24), stevens (32), simpson (28), carrazzo (28) and maybe pick 6 (22) this year
wow you have Gibbs, Judd and Murphy, and a very average support.
Im sure I speak for everybody else when I say I am trembling in fear at such a scary midfield with a crap defense and a 1 dimensional forward line:rolleyes:

Tell me what team will have a worse backline than Setanta, Thornton, Waite, Jamison in 3-4 years

i think we will have one of the best backlines in 3-4 years tbh. jamison will be a superstar, as will bower. if waite can mature a bit and hold onto his athleticism he'll be very handy. setanta probs won't get a game. thornton doubtful. austin will be great. anderson and brown will be two of the better back pockets while grigg will make a wonderful half back flanker.

if you were to say, what team would have a worse forward line than carlton in 3-4 years i would not argue with you. i have massive concern over our future forward line and there is not one single player on our list who i think will definitely make it as a good forward in 3-4 years time.

Well I see Kreuzer as more of a CHF than a ruck, especially with Warnock at the Blues, and so think you'll at least have a gun to target like ya'sdo with Fev now.

except we're developing the best midfield of the afl in 3-4 years and you guys only have deledio and foley.

In that case, who will you have apart from Murphy and Gibbs?

Judd will be 29 in 4 years and a very good player, but not the player he was 2 years ago.

Gibbs, Murphy and Cotchin would have dominated the league together for 15 years.

But it's not to be.

You missed your chance ;)

Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Bateman, Young.

Not to mention Gary Ablett would beat your entire midfield on his own.;)

In that case, who will you have apart from Murphy and Gibbs?
on the previous page, i already gave a list of players (and their ages) who i think will form the best midfield in the comp in 3-4 years time.

Judd will be 29 in 4 years and a very good player, but not the player he was 2 years ago.

kouta played the best patch of football i have ever seen in my life at the age of 27. no reason why judd can't do that, he's already shown he can handle it without full use of his athleticism and he will only get better in that area from now on until he's about 30. not to mention, ablett snr also produced some of the best football ever seen after 28. judd will still be a star.

Gibbs, Murphy and Cotchin would have dominated the league together for 15 years.
oh well, we'll just have to make do with gibbs, murphy and kreuzer then. it's better than having 3 gun midfielders who struggle to clear the ball because there isn't a good ruckman. at least kreuzer will win the tap, and then become an extra quality midfielder while the other ruckman is doing sh!t all.

But it's not to be.

You missed your chance ;)

can you answer my question? who will have a better midfield than carlton in 3-4 years time?

oh well, we'll just have to make do with gibbs, murphy and kreuzer then. it's better than having 3 gun midfielders who struggle to clear the ball because there isn't a good ruckman. at least kreuzer will win the tap, and then become an extra quality midfielder while the other ruckman is doing sh!t all.

can you answer my question? who will have a better midfield than carlton in 3-4 years time?
Don't kid yourself about Kruezer, he'll never be a superb tap ruckman. Hios strengths obviously lie in his around the ground work.

And to answer your 'who will have a better midfield in three years' question, it's impossible to know. Any team can potentially have midfielders who suddenly take the unexpected step to elite. Geelong for example. Not many people would have picked Ablett to come as far as he did, and then bang, he's the best midfielder in the AFL. Bartel was on the outer, Selwood hadn't come along. 3 years is ages in football, and you cannot make any definitive statement about teams.

Thomas
Pendlebury
Clarke
Wellingham
Swan
McCarthy
Didak
Dick
Barham

has just as much chance of being one of the best midfields in the AFL as your Carlton one does. But it has a chance of just not clicking, and half the players not reaching their potential and becoming a very average midfield.

So in summary, any of the 16 teams has a chance to develop a midfield better than Carlton's in 3 years.

Don't kid yourself about Kruezer, he'll never be a superb tap ruckman. Hios strengths obviously lie in his around the ground work.

And to answer your 'who will have a better midfield in three years' question, it's impossible to know. Any team can potentially have midfielders who suddenly take the unexpected step to elite. Geelong for example. Not many people would have picked Ablett to come as far as he did, and then bang, he's the best midfielder in the AFL. Bartel was on the outer, Selwood hadn't come along. 3 years is ages in football, and you cannot make any definitive statement about teams.

Thomas
Pendlebury
Clarke
Wellingham
Swan
McCarthy
Didak
Dick
Barham

has just as much chance of being one of the best midfields in the AFL as your Carlton one does. But it has a chance of just not clicking, and half the players not reaching their potential and becoming a very average midfield.

So in summary, any of the 16 teams has a chance to develop a midfield better than Carlton's in 3 years.

in reply to your first post, yes i agree kreuzer will not become a dominant tap ruckman but he will still be in the top handful in that category. he is 200cm tall, had the biggest handspan at draft camp, has a good vertical leap and kevin sheahan said he is the best junior ruckman he's ever seen int erms of being able to tap off both hands 360 degrees. that should ensure he'll at least be one of the top hadful of top ruckman.

as for the rest of your post, yes you're right in that it is too hard to predict who will have the best midfield in 3-4 years time as anything can happen between now and then but it is pretty obvious carlton have the best young midfield talent. and collingwood's midfield will not become better than carlton's. the sooner you accept that the better.

as for the rest of your post, yes you're right in that it is too hard to predict who will have the best midfield in 3-4 years time as anything can happen between now and then but it is pretty obvious carlton have the best young midfield talent. and collingwood's midfield will not become better than carlton's. the sooner you accept that the better.
But what if something happens? What if a Carlton player wants out? What if Collingwood somehow poach a star? What if Collingwood draft two kids like Joel Selwood? What if Walker and Grigg don't come on?

Too many variables to say definitively that Carlton will have the best midfield. You're an idiot for not realising this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back