Triple J Hottest 100 - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not into this at all but few mates and Mrs Jug are so I tend to tune in every year and have been getting the strong vibe that old Flume is the Triple J equivalent of C Judd or N Fyfe for the Brownlow. Blokes happy to give him the 3 votes for a 15 possession game. I'll have to have a punt to get through it so what's the best market to have a dabble on him?

Cherub is now my biggest profit and the song I want to win the countdown. That outro would be an epic finish to a #100. Their predicted vs actual history worries me though they could potentially finish outside the top 5.
BPM's predicted vs actual history isn't actually that bad, I have them as generally about right, it's probably the worst of WarmTunas current Top 5, but other than Flume (who is almost always under-predicted) the other 4 are usually not far off, or sometimes up sometimes down.

Not into this at all but few mates and Mrs Jug are so I tend to tune in every year and have been getting the strong vibe that old Flume is the Triple J equivalent of C Judd or N Fyfe for the Brownlow. Blokes happy to give him the 3 votes for a 15 possession game. I'll have to have a punt to get through it so what's the best market to have a dabble on him?
Not far off haha. Tabtouch had him in the $7 range last time I checked, best odds and can probably get more on there, most places will limit you pretty quickly. Keep an eye on Betfair too.

My bets are all over the shop again like the #100 of the decade, I bet on 4 or 5 different artists. This will be the same.

Cherub is now my biggest profit and the song I want to win the countdown. That outro would be an epic finish to a #100. Their predicted vs actual history worries me though they could potentially finish outside the top 5.

Kinda gone off heatwaves a bit. GA #8 in album poll + the fact heatwaves is splitting votes with 2 other songs that will make the #100. Heatwaves is losing thousands of potential votes from this which could cost it. Spacey and ballpark are asking fans to vote for 1 song.

Around 40k votes to win a hottest 100.

About 300k-400k people must vote.

Hard to get a read on spacey. They are being over represented on WT surely. But they must’ve have a lot of fans winning the album poll.

Flume in 4th is always a worry.

Not the easiest year to pick it $$$
Cherub would be a great finish. It's nice to be alive in the decade poll is their only big drop from what I can see. That's my hedge which is solid enough now, but a Heat Waves win would be bigger overall. Will probably just hit those 2 a bit from here on in, no value left with SJ and just not convinced that song has a broad enough reach, will just back in that it's being overrepresented but really hard to get a full read on it.

Flume in striking distance but need to remember that Rushing Back was a bit of a commercial hit at the end of last year, with the Vera Blue vocals it was probably in a lot of the Dance Monkey/Bad Guy votes, I don't think The Difference will get that same level jump, although it will do very well.

Apparently Heat Waves entered the top 50 of the aria charts this week. Not sure if that means anything but interesting timing considering it's been out for about 6 months.

Cherub is now my biggest profit and the song I want to win the countdown. That outro would be an epic finish to a #100.
For sure, would be an awesome way to close it out. I voted for it but I am actually a little surprised how popular the song is. Right up until the outro it is a pretty small song.

The Aussie to win / not to win line bet is now a lock for profit if you got aussie to win at $1.95

Aussie not to win is now $2.50

Somewhere around 15% ROI

My bets are all over the shop again like the #100 of the decade, I bet on 4 or 5 different artists. This will be the same.

Kinda gone off heatwaves a bit. GA #8 in album poll + the fact heatwaves is splitting votes with 2 other songs that will make the #100. Heatwaves is losing thousands of potential votes from this which could cost it. Spacey and ballpark are asking fans to vote for 1 song.

Around 40k votes to win a hottest 100.

About 300k-400k people must vote.

Hard to get a read on spacey. They are being over represented on WT surely. But they must’ve have a lot of fans winning the album poll.

Flume in 4th is always a worry.

Not the easiest year to pick it $$$

Don't underestimate Spacey Jane. Warm Tunas had them outside the 100 last year but they made it in at 80.

Since then they've gotten a pretty massive following which is reflected in their rise in Spotify numbers over the last 12 months.

Plus they won the album poll.

I actually think they're a reasonable favourite to win it.

SB have added a new ‘Without Booster Seat/Heat Waves’ market. I don’t mind WAP at $8, I can see climbing a lot.

Nice. I just took the $12 about Mallrat. Don't expect that to last too long.

She has immediate top 3 finishing form ('Charlie' last year) and the only ones currently above 'Rockstar' on WT are:
  • Smith St Band (over-represented online)
  • G Flip (battling for similar position tbh but may have votes split)
  • Tame Impala (will have votes split between many tracks)
  • Flume (biggest danger)
  • Ball Park Music (over-represented online)
I think having Flume at $2 favourite is still fair but I would price Mallrat at $3.50 – $4.00. She is super popular and only has one song to vote for.

I'm not in the market of betting big yet at this early stage but I've thrown a $20 down on Mallrat at 12s, too good to pass up.

Seems as though SB have mistaken Therefore I Am for Everything I Wanted which was released last year. They’ve got Everything I Wanted at $15 for overall, plus I was hoping to check out Therefore I Am for the ‘without BS/HW’ market, I feel I could be a dark horse to rise to the top 5 as well. Billie’s poppier songs have always better than their WT positions (When The Party’s Over finished in the top 10 after being predicted to land in the 40s).

Hilltop Hoods with I’m Good is currently sitting at $31 as well. It’s probably a bigger long shot imo compared to Billie and WAP, but we know how perennially popular they are.

Last edited:
I just got an ad on Instagram to vote for booster seat lol, I don’t even follow spacey Jane. I also got an ad for another band yesterday, but I hadn’t heard of them before so I didnt care. But a contender having an ad :0 :0 :0 7F0BB66B-79EF-4D82-B107-3EBE96CE88D1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got an ad on Instagram to vote for booster seat lol, I don’t even follow spacey Jane. I also got an ad for another band yesterday, but I hadn’t heard of them before so I didnt care. But a contender having an ad :0 :0 :0View attachment 1029347

They're allowed to have ads. As long as it's not like 'win a free Big Mac if you vote for Booster Seat' or something incentive based like that it's fine.

I've seen ads telling me to vote for House Arrest on my feed, it's not unusual.

They're allowed to have ads. As long as it's not like 'win a free Big Mac if you vote for Booster Seat' or something incentive based like that it's fine.

I've seen ads telling me to vote for House Arrest on my feed, it's not unusual.
Yeah I guess the voter sign up from an ad without an incentive is minimal. But nonetheless they are very keen to place well in the countdown it seems.

Top 3 and top 10 up on betfair, before any other bookie. No money matched yet, but is it too far fetched to think this is the bookies trying to get a handle on what the proper odds should be from the ‘pros’, before they release their own odds?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah nothing appealing in the Betfair markets yet, people keeping their powder dry at this stage. Have requested top 10 markets but only heard back from tabtouch, who said mid-January. Sportsbet would usually have them out by now but not sure of the merger with BetEasy has impacted that? BetEasy didn't put out new markets until the New Year.

Heat Waves very slowly reeling in Booster Seat. Hardly any data this year though, votes are trickling in but the trend has definitely moved away from posting their votes online. Booster Seat has slowed down clearly though since the flurry of votes in the first two or three days.

Tied for the lead at the moment, Booster Seat has definitely slowed down.

I’d like a ‘Song to not finish inside the 100’ like they had for the Decade H100. Phoebe Bridgers, Rina Sawayama, and Architects are currently top 30 but I wouldn’t be surprised to see each of them miss out on the the day. Phoebe Bridgers was never given regular play on Triple J and is far more of a Double J act (even though she’s super popular around the world atm). Rina Sawayama is big with the internet pop crowd, and even though she got solid play, I don’t know how truly strong her fan base is here, I feel it’d be over represented online. Architects, we know metals over representation for WT.

Very interesting! Biggest outlier looking at the data by source is SJ being 60%+ in front of nearest rival from Instagram DMs. Makes me think SJ is being way over represented overall. When combined with the huge slide we’ve seen from the early lead, I’m going an early call and saying with confidence that SJ doesn’t win. May not make top 3.

Very interesting! Biggest outlier looking at the data by source is SJ being 60%+ in front of nearest rival from Instagram DMs. Makes me think SJ is being way over represented overall. When combined with the huge slide we’ve seen from the early lead, I’m going an early call and saying with confidence that SJ doesn’t win. May not make top 3.

By keeping the sources to just Insta stories and posts I think you get the best idea of what the final count will look like, from a more casual POV. For instance, Booster Seat sliding to #6, WAP climbing to #14, Kyoto sliding to #78. The ones that care – and by design, are more likely to vote for “outsiders” – are the ones that submit to Reddit / Twitter et al.

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J Hottest 100 - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Back