Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, was trying to find live betting to get something on that. None of my betting companies have it unfortunately.

I believe sportingbet had it, always have a lot of hottest 100 options.

They also seem have minimal idea of what the top 20 would be based on their odds (yes i know gamblers alter these but if you see them when they first go up.. you will understand)

Wombats 4th song with Jump Into The Fog at #18. Has anyone else come close to most songs per artist so far? Can't really remember.
Boy & Bear have 3 atm I think.

EDIT: No only 2.

Kimbra has 3. Next closest.

I haven't read all 7 pages, but if it weren't for the once a year triple j listeners (who would've voted pumped up kicks to number 1), I wouldn't see Gotye winning.

with a couple of exceptions, timing has proven to be everything over the years. who will ever forget the pretty fly for a white guy debacle? (aside from most of their listeners who probably weren't alive :p)

if it weren't for the once a year voters, any of the following songs would be balls deep in it:

Lana del ray - video games: I don't listen to commercial radio, but I've seen this on MTV and V, so I assume its out there. I voted for it too.

the black keys - lonely boy: hasn't had too many mentions in this thread, but everyone loves this song, they played the shit out of it in the radio and it was timed to perfection.

San Cisco - awkward: I could easily see this cracking the top 10

hilltop hoods - I love it: popular, great timing... I just don't see hip hop ever winning.

I like gotye, but I saw him at 2 different festivals in the last 2 weeks, and he sucked both times. it was due to technical issues - but if the same thing keeps happening, change your show.

thought this post from 29 december was worth quoting, because it was the first one that had black keys and san cisco in the top 10.

just sayin ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Distinct lack of electric guitar through the countdown somewhat tempered by Lonely Boy making #2. Is rock out of favour with the average JJJ listener?

Boring 100.

360 used to be okay but he's making Aussie hip hop a ****ing joke. Drapht has the most annoying voice there is.

Gotye, Boy & Bear, Foster the People, The Wombats and Kimbra are ****ing boring.

I love Owl Eyes but a cover shouldn't be considered.

I like Illy but Cigarettes is a 2010 song.

Meh.

So I thought Helplessness Blues would of been a top 10. Nope not even top 100. No Fleet Foxes at all made the 100. My beard is massively disappointed. No Horrors either. Pretty cut/

68/100. My goodness listening to 90-100 was burtal. More, sober analysis to come.

Cause I'm drunk and bored I'm going to update the OP to include the actual 100. You can thank me later, when I'm sober.

Edit: At a quick drunk glance i have the witness topping with 80 followed by drummosolo with 70 and myself with 68.

So far it seems that amount played on triple J does not really influence who people vote for.

Ahhhh, another year and another time the bookies don't have a clue regarding this market. Easy $510 profit thanks to Lonely Boy smashing the overrated Boring and Bear and Calvin Harris. YEEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J hottest 100 of 2012 Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back