Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla
Sigur Ros - Staralfur
The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm
TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

There are two songs I'm having trouble placing in my final predicted 100:

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley - was #3 in the All-time count in 2009, is the favourite for #1 with some bookies, yet I agree what someone (can't recall who) said, it was popular then because it was covered in - was it Idol? - and it will slide a bit, and Last Goodbye will finish higher. But it isn't even in thewitness' Top 25, which is a 'worry' given how accurate his selections usually are. I still find it hard to believe it'll fall that far.

Someone That I Used To Know by Gotye - everyone knows how huge this song was but again it's not in thewitness' Top 25, which I initially found surprising. And of course there's no previous 'All-Time' countdown form to go by.
Perhaps people are still a bit sick of it (even though it's a great song IMO)? Or more people are voting for Heart's a Mess?

Where are these two on your list thewitness? And yours DaRenegade? Anyone else?

Maybe I should just get out more instead :p

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley - was #3 in the All-time count in 2009, is the favourite for #1 with some bookies, yet I agree what someone (can't recall who) said, it was popular then because it was covered in - was it Idol? - and it will slide a bit, and Last Goodbye will finish higher. But it isn't even in thewitness' Top 25, which is a 'worry' given how accurate his selections usually are. I still find it hard to believe it'll fall that far.

Someone That I Used To Know by Gotye - everyone knows how huge this song was but again it's not in thewitness' Top 25, which I initially found surprising. And of course there's no previous 'All-Time' countdown form to go by.
Perhaps people are still a bit sick of it (even though it's a great song IMO)? Or more people are voting for Heart's a Mess?

I have them both around the #30 mark at the moment. I agree with all your reasoning above, but would probably expect them to both finish higher then I have them in my count, maybe late teens to mid twenties. Last goodbye and Hearts a Mess i have recording basically twice as many votes as Hallelujah and STIUTK though.

I've got Hallelujah in the late teens I think, however STIITK is in the 50's ATM but I do need to revise my list as I feel it'll end up between 30-20 somewhere and there's a few others I need to move around and re consider adding/removing.

I hope they haven't played the 2000 top 20 yet as personally my fav H100 would just go to that haha. I too am gonna miss these "old song" blocks...

they're playing 2000 today :)

sooooo good, top 20, only song I don't really like is Machine Gun Fellatio's entry.

what a countdown tho, the best so far

I love the replays of the previous h100s. especially the late 90s and early 00s.

very fond memories of high school from before i had to... u know, grow up and stuff.

i'm glad i got my votes in before they'd started though - it would've been much harder otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My votes, but I regret not putting in Daft Punk - One More Time

The Killers - Mr Brightside
Eminem - Loose Yourself
Gotye - Hearts a Mess
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
OutKast - Roses
Kanye West - Jesus Walks
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Wings
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Boy & Bear - Lordy May
Emma Louise - Jungle
Bliss n Eso - Bullet and a Target (feat. The Zulu Connection Choir)
Ladyhawke - My Delirium
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
Chance Waters - Maybe Tomorrow
Chance Waters - Young and Dumb

Heres my list :)

Oasis - Wonderwall
Powderfinger - My Happiness
Weezer - El Scorcho
The Living End - Prisoner of Society
Sum 41 - Fat Lip
Jebediah - Harpoon
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Otherside
Ben Folds - Rockin The Suburbs
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Coldplay - Fix You
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Bluejuice - Vitriol
Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man
Pendulum - Witchcraft
Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know
Everclear - Santa Monica (acoustic)
The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
Blur - Song 2

My number 1 was Powderfinger - My Happiness. Definately deserves the crown in my opinion.

My votes, but I regret not putting in Daft Punk - One More Time

The Killers - Mr Brightside
Eminem - Loose Yourself
Gotye - Hearts a Mess
OutKast - Roses
Kanye West - Jesus Walks
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Wings
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Boy & Bear - Lordy May
Emma Louise - Jungle
Bliss n Eso - Bullet and a Target (feat. The Zulu Connection Choir)
Ladyhawke - My Delirium
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
Chance Waters - Maybe Tomorrow
Chance Waters - Young and Dumb

Chance Waters fan? I'm not usually into much rap/hip-hop but i really like his stuff! Although I don't think he will make the top 100...

Here are my votes:

Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Floor
Augie March - One Crowded Hour
The Black Keys - 10 A.M Automatic
Bon Iver - For Emma
Bright Eyes - Road To Joy
Gomez - Rhythm & Blues Alibi
Grizzly Bear - While You Wait For The Others
Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
Neutral Milk Hotel - King Of Carrot Flowers Part 1
Okkervil River - A Stone
Phantom Planet - California
The Roots - The Seed (2.0)
The Shins - Kissing The Lipless
The Strokes - Last Nite
Sufjan Stevens - Impossible Soul
Tune-Yards - Bizness
Weezer - El Scorcho
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

thewitness How are Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Augie March, The Black Keys, Bon Iver, The Killers, The Shins, The Strokes and Weezer doing in your count so far?

Thanks once again for you hard work!

thewitness How are Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Augie March, The Black Keys, Bon Iver, The Killers, The Shins, The Strokes and Weezer doing in your count so far?

Thanks once again for you hard work!

Arcade Fire: Wake up #72, Rebellion #122, The suburbs #144
Arctic Monkeys: I Bet You Look ... #34, Fluorescent Adolescent #150, When the Sun goes down #157
Augie March: One Crowded hour #49
The Black Keys: Lonely Boy #164, 10am automatic #315
Bon Iver: Skinny Love #8, Holocene #283
The Killers: Mr. Brightside #4, When You Were Young #80, Somebody Told Me #128, All the things that i've done #165
The Shins: New Slang #75
The Strokes: Last Nite #24, Reptilia #167, Someday #181, You Only Live Once #192
Weezer: El Scorcho #101, Buddy Holly #113, Island in the Sun #143, Say It Ain't So #184

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J Hottest 100 of the last 20 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back