Triple J's Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

i've already locked in straight lines to be no.1.
every year the poll attracts more and more voters, which probably means more and more people who dont usually tune in to jjj will vote and thus attract votes for the commercially popular songs. which is not to say this mightn't have been no.1 without the support of commercial radio fans, but it will be by a country mile.

I noticed Powderfinger didnt even mkae Triple J's top 10 albums of the year last week... (pretty sure this was voted by fans)

Silverchair - Straight Lines. Easily

Jon Butler will be there-abouts... Arcade Fire top 10.... I'm sure Powderfinger will still make top 10 too...

dont really know what else

Who's tipped to take out the big prize this year. I reckon Powderfinger they just have such a big fan base as well as Bernard Fanning. Silverchair could be a real roughie as well.

just quietly....i think that silverchair will be a bit more than a "roughie"

straight lines will be number 1, and deservingly so. I went through a period where i'd had enough of this song, but realised that it was due to nova and fox playing it 12 times every work day. (radio tuned to either fox or nova at work)

it would be good to see JBT be no. 1, but wont happen.

As already mentioned arcade fire, powderfinger and JBT will all be in mix for the no. 1 spot.

"thou shall always kill" will be getting votes aswell i think.

It's hard to pick the winner. Last year I had no idea with Augie March.

I don't think Powderfinger or Silverchair will win it with one of their latest releases. Basically because they have alot of songs that take votes of each other. Wolfmother were raging hot favourites to win the top spot in 2005, but because they had so many well known songs that year the Wolfmother vote was divided between all their songs and subsequently none of them won.
Powderfinger are on the slide as well. Lost and Running obvioulsy to be there highest prob in the 10-20 bracket. Straight Lines will get top ten....somewhere round four or five.

Unfortunately my bet is that The White Stripes - 'Icky Thump' will win.
Horrible horrible music from those talentless two. I can not stand the drumming - she's utterly hopeless.

Other songs to do well I suspect will be Kings Of Leon - On Call, Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm, Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby, something from Bloc Party. Throw in some emo rubbish as well.

Hopefully COG gets up there with What If.

It's hard to pick the winner. Last year I had no idea with Augie March.

I don't think Powderfinger or Silverchair will win it with one of their latest releases. Basically because they have alot of songs that take votes of each other. Wolfmother were raging hot favourites to win the top spot in 2005, but because they had so many well known songs that year the Wolfmother vote was divided between all their songs and subsequently none of them won.
Powderfinger are on the slide as well. Lost and Running obvioulsy to be there highest prob in the 10-20 bracket. Straight Lines will get top ten....somewhere round four or five.

Unfortunately my bet is that The White Stripes - 'Icky Thump' will win.
Horrible horrible music from those talentless two. I can not stand the drumming - she's utterly hopeless.

Other songs to do well I suspect will be Kings Of Leon - On Call, Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm, Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby, something from Bloc Party. Throw in some emo rubbish as well.

Hopefully COG gets up there with What If.

Yeah she looks like so ******ed when she drums WS have no talent what so ever in my oppinion every album basically sounds same and all based around only one rift.

I wonder where If You Keep Losing Sleep will end up. Does anyone think Foo's a good chance likely to be top 5

I'm with straight lines as well, they just seem like the sort of band that would win.

Also as much as I love the hottest 100 I almost turned it off after 'i don't feel like dancing' came in at number 5. If something similar happens this year I will probably end up breaking my radio.

Straight Lines by the length of the Flemington Straight.......

1. Silverchair - Straight Lines
2. The White Stripes - Icky Thump
3. John Butler Trio - Better Than
4. Kaiser Cheifs - Ruby
5. Kisschasy - Opinions......
6. My Chemical Romance - Teenagers
7. Kings Of Leon - On Call
8. Muscles - Ice Cream
9. Muse - Knights Of Cydonia
10. Gotye - Learnalilgivinanloving/ Operator Please - Song About Ping Pong/ Hilltop Hoods - Recapturing The Vibe

4. Kaiser Cheifs - Ruby
8. Muscles - Ice Cream
10. Gotye - Learnalilgivinanloving/ Operator Please - Song About Ping Pong/ Hilltop Hoods - Recapturing The Vibe

Knights Of Cydonia. Will it fall in this years? It was released on Black Holes last year, but it was released as a single this year. Judging by the lack of JJJ air play until this year it will prob fall in this year.

And Learnalilgivinanlovin was in last years Hottest 100 around #96. Mind you I reckon they'll stick a live version in the voting just to feed the masses that now love Wally that didn't last year.

Not one of my fave songs, but what about Faker's This Heart Attack? Every time I turn JJJ on, I seem to hear it.

Agree on Straight Lines as well...though last year I was deadset certain Eskimo Joe would win...so really I have no idea.

Dashboard SHOULD win it, if there's any justice in this world...which there won't be, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. Kaiser Cheifs - Ruby
8. Muscles - Ice Cream
There's this band called Arcade Fire. They're a bit of alright...

Yes i no they are an awesome band and No Cars Go by them would be in my top 10 of the year but the hottest 100 top 10 is usually full of songs that have also crossed over into mainstream radio aswell. They will be in the top 30 tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Triple J's Hottest 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back