Recommitted Tristan Xerri [re-signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Its such a small world..

l had to go into hospital for an operation on Monday and the nurse looking after me was Tristan Xerris fiance. She mentioned that she was a North supporter but refrained from saying who her fiance was. It was thanks to another nurse that l found out. She asked what l thought of the players and luckily l complimented them all...

You are right, they can’t.

Tim took a long time to get to the level he is now but always had the talent. Xerri has time too but he’s nowhere near the athlete English is so will need to find something else to take that next step
He has joined English this year. I didn’t think he would be this good this soon. His work after the ruck contest is elite.

it was a good tackle on Ryan but Xerri is nowhere near “elite” by any measure.

He’s a good physical ruck and would be a fan favourite for his intent sure.

Double the tackles, double the contested possessions, double the clearances, double the centre clearances, more hit outs, more hit outs to advantage.

He is much more than intent.

There is not much that English does better but X kills him after the ruck contest ends. You may have to admit you were wrong.

He has joined English this year. I didn’t think he would be this good this soon. His work after the ruck contest is elite.

His actual ruck craft needs work though.

I would hate to be a mid at his feet. He needs to stop grabbing it out the ruck so much and give his mids the option.

Clearances for ruckmen is a very overrated stat. If anything for most ruckman it would be detrimental outside of the unicorns like Cox who can use it like a midfielder. It stuck out like dogs balls against the Giants. Briggs had no established ruckman to contest with after half time but he lacks the finesse to find a midfielder.

I like Xerri a lot. I think he has a lot of growth left in him especially with Monkhurst who is a great ruck coach.

Monky was excellent at developing three very different type of ruckmen at the Hawks in Hale, Bailey and McEvoy.

I would hate to be a mid at his feet. He needs to stop grabbing it out the ruck so much and give his mids the option.

Clearances for ruckmen is a very overrated stat. If anything for most ruckman it would be detrimental outside of the unicorns like Cox who can use it like a midfielder. It stuck out like dogs balls against the Giants. Briggs had no established ruckman to contest with after half time but he lacks the finesse to find a midfielder.

I like Xerri a lot. I think he has a lot of growth left in him especially with Monkhurst who is a great ruck coach.

Monky was excellent at developing three very different type of ruckmen at the Hawks in Hale, Bailey and McEvoy.

Hitouts too. Its the stat after the clearance which matters.

When Reeves was injured we had a 19 year old HB Flanker in the ruck and Briggs dominated the stats but we won the ball a lot more and did a lot more with it.

He does it so much that it has to be a deliberate tactic. Is it a good tactic, though? Honestly not sure.

He is a massive chance to be in the AA squad. If you are a top 3 ruck - you’re elite.

20 disposals, 10 tackles, 45 hit outs yesterday.

Monkey/Hawthorn developed Hale did they? 😂

Now I’ve heard it all.

Monkey/Hawthorn developed Hale did they? 😂

Now I’ve heard it all.

Developing is probably the wrong word but he certainly refined the way they played.

Very good ruck coach is the big Monk. Xerri is lucky to work under him.

Developing is probably the wrong word but he certainly refined the way they played.

Very good ruck coach is the big Monk. Xerri is lucky to work under him.
Meek 69 and Xerri 72 in the same draft!! They could be dueling for the AA spots for years to come. Love a bargain!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This aged poorly.

I did say battler “at this point”. Which he certainly was, even most north fans were writing him off.

He’s turned into a great physical ruck in the Mumford, Minson, Sean Darcy mould.

I did say battler “at this point”. Which he certainly was, even most north fans were writing him off.

He’s turned into a great physical ruck in the Mumford, Minson, Sean Darcy mould.

Yeah’s he’s really come along in leaps and bounds.

A good case study in how ruckmen are generally late developers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tristan Xerri [re-signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back