Troy Selwood resigned

Remove this Banner Ad

FadeAway said:
not for collingwood its not.

U guys should try and develop a player from the start from the draft instead of getting players from other clubs, in that way, u wont lose any draft picks when trading and get accused of making wrong decisions related to recruiting.

No real surprise.

That leaves Matthew Lappin as our best bet in the PSD and it wouldnt shock me to see him re-sign with the Blues too.

Are there any others we could consider? Or do we bypass the PSD and promote all three rookies?

(Not Camporeale thanks. Although it would be funny to pinch him from the Bombers)

Jubair said:
U guys should try and develop a player from the start from the draft instead of getting players from other clubs, .

Sydney Port and Brisbane have won flags by recruiting players from other clubs - why do you think that its a bad idea? Where did you get Lynch Pike Michael and B Scott from? A Cornflakes packet?

Jubair said:
U guys should try and develop a player from the start from the draft instead of getting players from other clubs, in that way, u wont lose any draft picks when trading and get accused of making wrong decisions related to recruiting.

yeh thanks for the tip. u wanna run our club?? or just tell us how to run it??

Jubair said:

So if the opportunity arose for Brisbane to select a young player potential, you would knock it back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hotpie said:
Sydney Port and Brisbane have won flags by recruiting players from other clubs - why do you think that its a bad idea? Where did you get Lynch Pike Michael and B Scott from? A Cornflakes packet?

The operative word is "RECRUIT". Not screw another club and get a player on the cheap. Collingwood's predatory behaviour is what gets people and other clubs off side. As far as the players mentioned I think you need to get your facts correct.

Pike delisted by North picked up in the draft by the Lions.
Michael, traded honourably with Collingwood. Player and draft pick exchanged. No one got screwed.
B. Scott traded honourably with Hawthorn. Player and draft picks involved in the trade. No club got screwed.
Lynch is the only one that I as a Lions supporter would have a?? ??
over. However, following that trade the club instituted a change in practices and standards and has not consciously acted in a predatory manner when recruiting for players and dealing with other clubs. Currently there are only few players on the list that come from another club. Michael and B Scott that I can think of. All the rest are developed by the club.

irel said:
The operative word is "RECRUIT". Not screw another club and get a player on the cheap. .

Wakelin Holland Licuria Buckley Rocca Clement Morrison - all traded honorably to Collingwood.

Caracella and O'Bree were dumped by the Lions. The Lions had a choice between keeping Caracella, or retiring off Pike and White, and they chose to keep the has beens and dump Blake. Your choice pal. Only O'Bree has been a geniune freebie, but do you really want him back?

We are hardly building a side around those two freebies.

hotpie said:
No real surprise.

That leaves Matthew Lappin as our best bet in the PSD and it wouldnt shock me to see him re-sign with the Blues too.

Are there any others we could consider? Or do we bypass the PSD and promote all three rookies?

(Not Camporeale thanks. Although it would be funny to pinch him from the Bombers)
Agree, yes and agree, promote rookies please and agree.

irel said:
The operative word is "RECRUIT". Not screw another club and get a player on the cheap. Collingwood's predatory behaviour is what gets people and other clubs off side. As far as the players mentioned I think you need to get your facts correct.

Pike delisted by North picked up in the draft by the Lions.
Michael, traded honourably with Collingwood. Player and draft pick exchanged. No one got screwed.
B. Scott traded honourably with Hawthorn. Player and draft picks involved in the trade. No club got screwed.
Lynch is the only one that I as a Lions supporter would have a?? ??
over. However, following that trade the club instituted a change in practices and standards and has not consciously acted in a predatory manner when recruiting for players and dealing with other clubs. Currently there are only few players on the list that come from another club. Michael and B Scott that I can think of. All the rest are developed by the club.

List some examples of our predatory behaviour.

irel said:

If holding a club to ransom is being honourable then that is new to me.

the younger selwood in next years draft is what clubs want. will be top 5 pick. so its good he is staying in bris cause he lacks class.we need skillful types!

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Selwood resigned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back