Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like broccolini... What's rotten about it?

Major supermarkets treating the primary producers like shit, apparently.

I am shocked, I just assumed they treated all primary producers like shit.

**** sake

Have my guide for the next stave of self taped auditions for TV.

It gives a step by step guide on how to film yourself effectively.

Why is this FFS?

Because it's eliminating whatever advantage 'hard workers' and 'smart workers' had. This business is like, 90% talent and 10% everything else. I don't know if I'm good at anything I do like this, in fact I am open to the reality that I am not, I accept it with no objections. What I am good at though, is the other side, stuff like setting a scene, filming a scene, editing. I know how to present footage that looks competent. It was the only advantage I had, because I hear so many applicants for these things just have arse a self tape audition on their phone in shit lighting with no one reading lines, etc. In other words, complete careless amateurs. The kind of stuff that would get all those people immediately struck from contention.

By now providing these guides, it allows those who neither cared or educated themselves enough, a leg up, it puts them an even footing with the hard workers. It allows talent to overcome effort. That's fine I guess, that's the industry.

The idea that anyone can get anywhere with enough hard work and overcome lack of natural ability, at anything, is becoming more and more irrelevant everyday though. It's a boomer culture myth.

Anyway, that's enough of my crappy rants.

I'm totally doing a Ken Hinkley here and giving myself an out if I'm not successful based on working harder for longer.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

* sake

Have my guide for the next stave of self taped auditions for TV.

It gives a step by step guide on how to film yourself effectively.

Why is this FFS?

Because it's eliminating whatever advantage 'hard workers' and 'smart workers' had. This business is like, 90% talent and 10% everything else. I don't know if I'm good at anything I do like this, in fact I am open to the reality that I am not, I accept it with no objections. What I am good at though, is the other side, stuff like setting a scene, filming a scene, editing. I know how to present footage that looks competent. It was the only advantage I had, because I hear so many applicants for these things just have arse a self tape audition on their phone in s**t lighting with no one reading lines, etc. In other words, complete careless amateurs. The kind of stuff that would get all those people immediately struck from contention.

By now providing these guides, it allows those who neither cared or educated themselves enough, a leg up, it puts them an even footing with the hard workers. It allows talent to overcome effort. That's fine I guess, that's the industry.

The idea that anyone can get anywhere with enough hard work and overcome lack of natural ability, at anything, is becoming more and more irrelevant everyday though. It's a boomer culture myth.

Anyway, that's enough of my crappy rants.

I'm totally doing a Ken Hinkley here and giving myself an out if I'm not successful based on working harder for longer.

Wait, are you trying to tell us that acting and all that shit is a meritocracy?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wait, are you trying to tell us that acting and all that s**t is a meritocracy?
Lol at this level it most definitely isn't that. It's. It's not quite Hollywood. But now the production companies are doing more to drag the less committed applicants up the standards of those who put in more effort and take away the advantage those people had.

Lol at this level it most definitely isn't that. It's. It's not quite Hollywood. But now the production companies are doing more to drag the less committed applicants up the standards of those who put in more effort and take away the advantage those people had.

I long for a world where the best actors and writers get the money!
How ****ing good would it be!

I like to have a snoop around at real estate websites from time to time, it can be a bit of fun.

The big price increases during covid really seem to have driven up the bottom end of the housing market. Doesn't seem like anywhere is "cheap" anymore in adelaide. Areas in the south like Christie downs, Morphett Vale, hackham, huntfield heights etc etc now seems you can barely get an old run down 70s home for under 400k.

Is there anywhere in the north that's still cheap?

I always thought the south was undervalued a bit, having beaches like christies and port Noarlunga/Southport etc right on your doorstep is pretty nice. Salisbury/Lizbeff doesn't really have that, plus the climate is a couple of degrees hotter and it's drier.

Looking around Tassie it's much the same. Pre-covid you'd see the odd bargain (away from Hobart at least) for 350 or under 300 even. Seems like covid basically slapped an extra 100k (minimum) on that bottom end.

Even if average prices drop another few percent, I don't think the bottom will go down, because of how expensive building and new stock is now. Plus the whole housing crisis thing...

Unless you can live in an undesirable small town, there's nowhere cheap.

I like to have a snoop around at real estate websites from time to time, it can be a bit of fun.

The big price increases during covid really seem to have driven up the bottom end of the housing market. Doesn't seem like anywhere is "cheap" anymore in adelaide. Areas in the south like Christie downs, Morphett Vale, hackham, huntfield heights etc etc now seems you can barely get an old run down 70s home for under 400k.

I always thought the south was undervalued a bit, having beaches like christies and port Noarlunga/Southport etc right on your doorstep is pretty nice. Salisbury/Lizbeff doesn't really have that, plus the climate is a couple of degrees hotter and it's drier.

Looking around Tassie it's much the same. Pre-covid you'd see the odd bargain (away from Hobart at least) for 350 or under 300 even. Seems like covid basically slapped an extra 100k (minimum) on that bottom end.

Even if average prices drop another few percent, I don't think the bottom will go down, because of how expensive building and new stock is now. Plus the whole housing crisis thing...

coober pedy maybe cheap

coober pedy maybe cheap

For people that can WFH, I'd be looking at the Clare Valley. beautiful area, decent climate, lots of wineries if that's your thing. Less than 2hr drive to Adelaide. Big enough that you can get most things without needing to travel. Can buy a nice house on 1000m2 block for 350k or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty nondescript place in Albert Park SA went for over a mill last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back