Tuggers: Worst best team of the AFL era! Hawfies the greatest of all time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate wrong picture

Scan_AFL_BB_99_0005-500x500.jpg

Not as embarrassing as trying to vote your own club out of existence, then standing meekly by as they are forced to relocate interstate.

Perhaps but hey we never rattled. The only rattling the club has done is to raise charity for the kokada fuzzy wuzzy angels (yet another inspiring reform under the Kennett regime)

By contrast Richmond has been a financial basketcase (much like most of their largely welfare dependent fan base) for most of their pathetic 10/108 history

But hey, you had to relocate.

Perhaps. But hey now we are one of the financial pillars that carry the competitoon

By contrast Richmond are just one of a number of welfare dependent clubs (just asl your eyebrow twitching CEO) that stand behind the heavy lifters (Coll, WCE, Haw)

Must be about the time for another rattle outside vinneys. Or I guess you could play another SOS 'legends' match (which the Tiges lost in characteristic fashion) at Windy Hill of all places

Struggle town only had 8000 members at the time and the likliehood of filling Punt Rd Oval was remote...that and the incessant possum problem that plagued the club since Graham Richmond was a boy (just ask plough :) )

It seems that poverty and Richmond has never been too far apart. That and shitting the bed in big finals (think all those spudding performances against the Blooze and Pies in the 20s and 30s)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably about as many as the Hawks.
But you wouldn't have hung around for any of those.

Edit: Except to try and vote you club out of existence.

So what was the score in the Tommy Hafey game anyway?

Pretty pathetic crowd too from memory. We drew 18k more against the Syds 3 weeks later

Though it shat on the pathetic roll up to the Jack Dyer game in 2003 (another characteristic belting) 14000 or so against Port Power

I trust you were at the game...or were you rattling outside the Richmond vinnies?

Was that before, or after the Hawks had to relocate interstate because of a dearth of meaningful support in Victoria?

Not sure. Im not a battler though and i kinda enjoy the 3-4 trips to Launceston a year. Great whiskey and fine golf courses

A nice little mid season tune up... sort of akin to the budget tigers trip to the St Kilda baths

But I digress, did the Tigers shit the bed in the Tommy Hafey game

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuggers: Worst best team of the AFL era! Hawfies the greatest of all time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back