Roast Turn it up Damien Barrett, you flog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett is very hit and miss - however it seems he's on point here.

3 pathetic failures in a row? Check.
Tried for higher profile players? Check.
Got Yarran only (who the hell is Townsend)? Check.

Seems like three facts to me.
Haha, what a rather pathetic attempt at a troll.
Don't go as we could all do with a good laugh. :thumbsu:

Barrett is very hit and miss - however it seems he's on point here.

3 pathetic failures in a row? Check.
Tried for higher profile players? Check.
Got Yarran only (who the hell is Townsend)? Check.

Seems like three facts to me.

But at least the Yarran trade was a definitive win for Richmond and an absolute butt-reaming for the Blooze as the following article shows:

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/who-won...WDOWN_AFL_article_whowontheyarrantrade_281015

like rfctiger74 said: don't let the door hit your arse on the way out -- especially when that part of your anatomy was so badly used during trade week.

Bye bye.

I think y
Firstly, Paul Seedsman wasn't required. He was being shopped around to create salary cap space, and then he decided to find his own club. I'm personally glad he's gone, but I hope it works out well for him.

Ben Kennedy was a depth player. He may be good in time, but to include him in a trade for Jeremy Howe suited Collingwood more, and Howe isn't getting a "shit load." He turned down more money to play for Collingwood.

Nathan Freeman was a required player. He hasn't played a senior game yet though, so therefore only a potential loss. There are serious doubts on whether he can recapture his explosive pace due to his hamstring problems, which makes sense because he doesn't feel he can get a regular game at Collingwood.

That isn't a great attitude to have around the club. It's best to have players who are determined to be their very best, but Freeman wanted it easy, so he took St.Kilda's easy guaranteed lesser offer over Collingwood's potentially more lucrative performance based contract.

As for Collingwood's forward line, they did out score Richmond in 2015, even without Adam Treloar and James Aish delivering the footy inside-50. I think Collingwood's forward line can improve further next season for a few reasons, but time will tell.

I think your forward line could do with another quality tall ..
Cloke should play up around the 50 cause his kicking from 30/40 metres is questionable
I like Moore closer to goal
I can see why you guys picked up Howe but you would want to hope he provides more than the occasional addition to a high light reel

Honestly I think you could look at another key tall in the draft maybe a Weiderman ,because the sooner you piss Jesse White off the better ...can't nail a clutch goal to save himself

Where I think Collingwood want to improve is in their backline. Their points against were well above those conceded by the clubs in premiership contention (i.e. the top four).

I don't know Collingwood's list all that well. Do you have the sense that there's improvement to be had from the back half?
I don't want to clog the Richmond board talking-up Collingwood too much, but I will answer your question as briefly as I can. My preferred Collingwood back six for next season I believe has much improvement...

Backs:
Brayden Maynard: He's only 19, and has only played nine games, but he showed a lot of promise. He was selected at pick 30 in last years draft, but was predicted to go in the top-20. He's tough, aggressive, physical, quick and a good kick.

Nathan Brown: Premiership defender, and still only 26 years old. He had a very good season on the tall forwards, and finished 8th in Copeland Trophy, and won Best Clubman award this year.

Tom Langdon: He's 21 years old and has been a revelation in his first two seasons. Last year he played 19 games and averaged 75 SuperCoach. This year he played 22 games, averaged 85 SuperCoach, made the AFL Under 24 team, and finished 6th in Copeland Trophy.

Half Backs:
Marley Williams: He's 22 years old now, and has played 56 games in four seasons. 2015 was his best season. He also made the AFL Under 24 team of the season, and finished 7th in Copeland Trophy.

Ben Reid: He's critical to Collingwood. The injuries he has suffered in 2014-15 has hurt the team badly. Last year he only played three games. This year he showed promise that he's over his injuries with five good games at the end of the season. Last week Derek Hine said he's already at the club regularly, and is in the best condition he's been in for a while. He's potentially a new recruit.

Matthew Scharenberg: The number 6 pick from the 2013 draft is finally injury free. He performed well in his four games late in the season. Mark (Choco) Williams once said he's the best schoolboy talent since Wayne Carey. Many experts felt he was the most talented player in the 2013 draft.

They are my preferred first six in defence, but other players that will spend time in defence at times include Jack Frost, Jonathan Marsh, Adam Oxley, Jackson Ramsay, Alan Toovey, Tyson Goldsack, Ben Sinclair.

Most of the improvement in defence will come from the midfield. Keep the ball in the forward half more often then last season is the goal, and hopefully Collingwood is strengthening the midfield enough to ease the pressure in defence.

It has taken twelve months to get over the loss of Dayne Beams, but now the midfield looks potentially stronger than it was then. Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams, Steele Sidebottom, Levi Greenwood, Jordan DeGoey, James Aish, as well as Jack Crisp, Travis Varcoe, and at times Jamie Elliott and Tim Broomhead.

Hopefully those players will be able to get on top of the opposition midfield more often than not to keep the ball out of defence. It's probably the best way to help reduce the opposition from scoring heavily.

We'll wait and see if it happens, but there is hope for big improvement to come for Collingwood supporters in the near future.
PS: just to keep the thread on topic, please include in your answer an explanation of why Barrett is a flog.
The only people I usually bag are right-wing, conservative politicians because I have very little in common. I'm not usually highly critical of many other people because there is usually something we can agree on, but to keep this thread on topic, it's Damien Barrett's demeanor, mannerisms, idiosyncrasy and general style that is annoying to me, and many others too I suspect.

I don't want to clog the Richmond board talking-up Collingwood too much, but I will answer your question as briefly as I can. My preferred Collingwood back six for next season I believe has much improvement...

Thanks for that perspective KissStephanie -- very informative.

Just based on what you say it doesn't look too bad and hopefully for you guys injuries won't be a problem.

Good luck in 2016. :thumbsu:

A+ on your Damian Barrett analysis by the way. :p

Wall of text
So 4 players 22 or under an injury prone kpp and Nathan Brown
That defence is about 3 years of development off being the level it needs to be assuming those players develop as expected
You'd want your midfield to be carrying as much of the load as possible as a bunch of kids won't get you into finals

Journalism is dead. There is only clickbait now. All that matters to them is getting you to click on a headline.
The role requires someone who can trawl the net and all social media and regurgitate , no traditional research or fact checking - it's appalling enough the basic spelling and grammatical errors that are published - no sub editors now to do that and spell check won't pick up when the incorrect word is used.

But some of the actual detail/factual errors that occur are mind boggling - like when a team last won a flag, who played in a certain team

So 4 players 22 or under an injury prone kpp and Nathan Brown
Nathan Brown was 8th in Copeland Trophy. He played well in 2015. Ben Reid looked good at the end of this season and the recent reports on him are positive.
That defence is about 3 years of development off being the level it needs to be assuming those players develop as expected
Marley Williams has already played 56 games, in four seasons. Tom Langdon has played 41 games and next season will be his third. They're both going to continue playing consistent and reliable footy. Brayden Maynard is young, but he plays like a man.

More experienced premiership defenders such as Tyson Goldsack and Alan Toovey will play at times too though. Matt Scharenberg may only be 20 and played four games, but he is mature, and will be elite, and should be great next season. The defence in 2010 was overall less experienced, yet won the premiership.
You'd want your midfield to be carrying as much of the load as possible as a bunch of kids won't get you into finals
This year Collingwood played in six matches decided by less than 10 points. They lost them all, but should've won four of the six, so they're much closer than the ladder indicates. Hopefully they can win those extra four close games next year, as well as possibly a few more due to the inclusions into the team. It's possible. It's a very even competition.

But at least the Yarran trade was a definitive win for Richmond and an absolute butt-reaming for the Blooze as the following article shows:

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/who-won...WDOWN_AFL_article_whowontheyarrantrade_281015

like rfctiger74 said: don't let the door hit your arse on the way out -- especially when that part of your anatomy was so badly used during trade week.

Bye bye.

Reamed us? Don't forget who has pick 11 mate.

In any case, the fact that Yarran chose to say NO to Hawthorn - statistically the most successful AFL club in the last 30 years; and instead chose to say YES to Richmond - statistically the most fail AFL club in the last 30 years says a lot about your STAR RECRUITs character. Or lack thereof.

In any case, the fact that Yarran chose to say NO to Hawthorn - statistically the most successful AFL club in the last 30 years; and instead chose to say YES to Richmond - statistically the most fail AFL club in the last 30 years says a lot about your STAR RECRUITs character. Or lack thereof.

Haven't Carlton won 5 wooden spoons in the last 12 years? Plus you're a dead-certainty to win another one this year.

I think the most noteworthy thing to come out of this is not that Yarran said YES to Richmond (as opposed to some other team), but that he said a resounding F*** NO to Carlton, despite a new coach who considered him an elite talent and wanted him to stay. Says a lot about your clubs' character, or lack thereof.

You also have pick one -- which suggests something about which club is "the most fail AFL club" (sic) at present.

As for pick 11, you do know that you didn't get it from us as part of the Yarran trade, right?

And the fact that you're even on our board running down Yarran really makes it pretty clear just who got reamed.

Now go away. :thumbsu::):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not forget what he thought of your mob

I should go easy on you though, as you are about to become the norf of the 21st century

I'd suggest RFC buy you to be a feeder club for us, but I'd rather get a case of super herpies inside my urinary tract that allow your shit stain of a club - and douche bag supporters - to pollute my club

It shows that one he can see where we are going and after making a commitment he is sticking to it.

How on earth could you possibly think Carlton won anything in that trade period, very ordinary start by SOS, as we all now know he will fold when the pressure is on and all he did was pick up some rejects from his ex employers, would want to improve a lot if he is your hope for rebuilding the future.

Why are Carlton supporters so difficult to have a sensible conversation with, their misplaced arrogance is right up there with Essendon supporters, we may have been the biggest fail of a club for 20 of the last 30 years but you have easily taken the title for the last 10, broke, falling membership only 6000 in front of North, crap list and repetitive spooners, fastest Ive ever seen a team go from big 4 to bottom 4, an absolute basket case.

Last edited:

Actually says a stack more about your shit truck, irrelevant cheating club.

Why are you allowed to post here ? Boggles the mind

Wooden spoon - Check

Barrett is such a grub. Just about everything that spills from his mouth should be coming out of his backside.

Absolute truck of slimy dog poop. You know you suck at your job when Hutchy is infinitely better than you. :$

anigif_enhanced-1497-1403216011-26.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Turn it up Damien Barrett, you flog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back