Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Coverage in Australia (2)

Loving those 'America's Game' 1hr programs about past superbowl champs and their season.

Thank God for IQ
I'd imagine that they're a big part (along with their weekly recaps) of why Ed Sabol (the founder of NFL Films) is one of the semi-finalists for HOF induction this year

Would love to see the older (60's and 70's) ones again. I think I missed the '70 Baltimore Colts one.

I would also love it if OneHD could get and show the 5 'Missing Rings' episodes

'58 Colts is pre Superbowl era so not an America's game feature.

Disc 1 of History of Colts DVD is entirely the Baltimore era and is highly enjoyable. Disc 2 which focuses on Indianapolis era pales in comparison... In fact I found it boring... Except for the footage of their alcoholic owner Isray dealing with the press about the relocation.

ESPN did a big special on The Greatest Game Ever played and was supposedly excellent but I've never been able to find it.
It is too :facepalm: :eek:

Ive seen that footage of an alcholic Irsay just coming back from Arizona giving the press conference saying that they weren't relocating and then attacking the reporters for writing negatively about him in the 30 for 30 'The Band That Wouldn't Die' documentary. Quite sad really

I've got all the America's Game eps + Missing Rings eps downloaded.

they get a regular viewing. :) great documentary series, so perfectly done.

I liked that the 30 for 30 series focused on certain stories, and not on the sport itself. Ive seen all of the football related ones and the Reggie Miller one, and some of them are great. I loved the Miller and Marcus Dupree (The Best That Never Was) ones

Ive never heard of Full Color Football. What is it?

it's the history of the American Football League.

I don't think it's been released on DVD yet though, so you'll have to find a download for it (*cough* tenyard torrents *cough*).

it was a showtime/NFL films 5 part mini series from last year for the 50th anniversary of the AFL, went up until the NFL/AFL Merger was very well done, wish they would release it on dvd/Blu ray. dont think it has aired on foxtel but would be nice to re-watch one day

Godammit is that all I had to do earlier?!!

I found this on another site with regards to Full Color Football DVD:

"Thanks for your interest in Full Color Football.
The program is contracted to be broadcast-exclusive for the next few years. It will be airing repeatedly on Showtime and, later, on the NFL Network.
We will be able to release it on DVD by 2012. Unfortunately, we are unable to do so until that time."

Todd J. Schmidt,
Senior Producer/DVDs
NFL Films

Atleast we might be able to watch it :thumbsu:

some good and some bad news.

first i have seen no sign of the nfl pro bowl on either oneHD of foxtel.

and the Superbowl is not in the feb foxtel book for foxsports, but ESPN will have a 4Hour NFL countdown preshow from 6AM this will also likely be the NFLNetworks "international feed"

and oneHD will will also have a 5 hour pre show, will likely be the fox Pregame stuff, if not than it will be NFL gameday morning. and the superbowl has no mention of any of the tools that have f**ked the game up on oneHD the past 2 years, and i hope they wont Fu*k it up again.

some good and some bad news.

first i have seen no sign of the nfl pro bowl on either oneHD of foxtel.

and the Superbowl is not in the feb foxtel book for foxsports, but ESPN will have a 4Hour NFL countdown preshow from 6AM this will also likely be the NFLNetworks "international feed"

and oneHD will will also have a 5 hour pre show, will likely be the fox Pregame stuff, if not than it will be NFL gameday morning. and the superbowl has no mention of any of the tools that have f**ked the game up on oneHD the past 2 years, and i hope they wont Fu*k it up again.

Don't see any good news there. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just FYI. No mention of the comedy clowns screwing this up yet.
e03492cddecdce77b1b928bb4813040c.png

In some tiny part of my brain, I think a few guys from One HD have read these forums and have realised it's time to ditch the panel and stick to the game ... I hope.

In some tiny part of my brain, I think a few guys from One HD have read these forums and have realised it's time to ditch the panel and stick to the game ... I hope.

Must be a really tiny part.

i doubt it otherwise why the f**k is before the game still on with Andy and Hughesy? how do they still have a job?

Seriously, how difficult is it to have a panel who know the game? If onehd don't have them, don't use them!!!!! The feed from the US is good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back