Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL Coverage in Australia (2)

Fairly sure when the AFL GF is televised over there they dont have some American based (attempted)comedy program talking the game. So why do it here with the SB etc...?

I guess Americans take sport really seriously. Australians don't take sport anywhere near as seriously. OneHD must be banking on Australians liking irreverent humor. They aren't realising that NFL fans, even Australian ones, prefer the style of coverage we get most weeks.

I guess Americans take sport really seriously. Australians don't take sport anywhere near as seriously. OneHD must be banking on Australians liking irreverent humor. They aren't realising that NFL fans, even Australian ones, prefer the style of coverage we get most weeks.

Terry Bradshaw?

On SEN today they said OneHD would be taking an all-American feed for the super bowl, so no andy maher and dave hughes hurrah!

the Australian market is mature enough now thaks to OneHD and Foxtel to consume American Football like Americans do.

Hopefully we get some decent pre-game and post game analysis, not just the game then over.

foxsports won't be showing it this year for some ridiculas reason. instead they will be showing highlights of soccer and cricket

they have not shown any of the playoffs and are not showing the Pro Bowl, i think the contract they have with the nfl might be finished, also they didnt show as many double headers this season. i hope they improve and go back to what they did the last few years, for next season its been poor and i hoped with the useless speed channel they should of had a fox sports 4/ 4HD

they have not shown any of the playoffs and are not showing the Pro Bowl, i think the contract they have with the nfl might be finished, also they didnt show as many double headers this season. i hope they improve and go back to what they did the last few years, for next season its been poor and i hoped with the useless speed channel they should of had a fox sports 4/ 4HD

i wouldn't be surprised if foxsports australia brings out an all american sports channel

Full US experience? Reading the articles it looks like they may be giving us the same advertisements as them which would mean no missed plays. Looks like ONE HD has a heart and a brain, sure they'll lose some ad revenue now but it sure helps sell the game to other people in Australia.

Also no more hungry jacks adds.

Full US experience? Reading the articles it looks like they may be giving us the same advertisements as them which would mean no missed plays. Looks like ONE HD has a heart and a brain, sure they'll lose some ad revenue now but it sure helps sell the game to other people in Australia.

Also no more hungry jacks adds.

LOL!

There is no way they will just play the American feed with American ads. They will show their own ads as that is their revenue stream.

At some stage (probably half time) they might show some of the best ads from the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL!

There is no way they will just play the American feed with American ads. They will show their own ads as that is their revenue stream.

At some stage (probably half time) they might show some of the best ads from the US.
10:00am AEDT - LIVE: NFL: Super Bowl XLV
Undoubtedly the biggest event on the US sporting calendar, the NFL: Super Bowl XLV will be broadcast live and exclusively on ONE HD, direct from Cowboys Stadium in the heart of Texas. The Green Bay Packers will face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers with halftime entertainment will feature the Black Eyed Peas. And, of course, it wouldn’t be the Super Bowl without the creative and uniquely flavoured advertisements.

The unique 'ads' goes throughout the whole game from start to finish. At half time other channels usually have something else for people to watch (I mean who wants to watch Black Eyed Peas), usually has objects, animals or females playing a mini superbowl or something. Hence I would think most advertisers would look to other ad spots for their advertising. Anyway that's what was implied through ONE HD's description and how most people will be interpreted. All I'm saying is if ONE HD take a game first attitude with the superbowl this time around, it could work out dividends season with more people wanting to watch the game.

Re: Pro Bowl coverage

Its on FOX in the US. So I guess maybe Foxtel. If not, you can watch by streaming it on the net.

I've never watched it but I hear that the 1st half generally isnt that great but the level of play picks up in the 2nd as the guys start to try to win the game (for a higher bonus IIRC)

I can't see it advertised on Fox, although I haven't looked at the Foxtel EPG yet.

I know Foxtel are showing the NHL all star game at about the same time tomorrow morning, so that might explain why the pro bowl isn't being covered.

All Star games bore the shit out of me anyway, especially the pro bowl, so I'm not shattered it's not being shown here. (If it isn't).

My Foxtell IQ EPG has nothing on tomorrow regarding the Pro Bowl. :mad:

I was hoping to get home early from work and catch some bits of it but it looks like it is blacked out here in Oz and i cant even see a replay on the guide. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Even though it is a soft hit and giggle game i still dont mind watching it. Poor form from Fox Sports IMO. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back