Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pro Bowl Coverage

oh, that Roy Williams
I spent a minute trying to understand why a wide receiver took out a tight end on the field.

Finally got ya.
I know the name (even the safety R.Williams) but he was before my time of passionately following the game, so yeah. No comment.

6 QB's playing, and Matt Ryan is the only one with a positive TD:Int ratio

poor Rivers, Manning, Brees, Vick and Cassel

But that's just me being a troll, there is 1 thing in this game that really is telling

Michael Vick, no rushes. Shows that JeffDunne is wrong. Earlier this year he was claiming he's a run first QB, but in the Pro Bowl where they don't blitz, and Vick only has to face a basic 4 man rush, he's just sitting there in the pocket and throwing the ball. Shows that VIck truely has changed as a quarterback under Andy Reid :thumbsu:

I'm not watching the game and only just put on gamecenter
But i'm guessing DeAngelo Hall will get the MVP?
6 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 touchdown

Michael Vick, no rushes. Shows that JeffDunne is wrong. Earlier this year he was claiming he's a run first QB, but in the Pro Bowl where they don't blitz, and Vick only has to face a basic 4 man rush, he's just sitting there in the pocket and throwing the ball. Shows that VIck truely has changed as a quarterback under Andy Reid :thumbsu:

Whilst I do believe hes changed his play style, I think you'll also find this is a case of Vick not wanting to take hits in a meaningless game. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-bowl/09000d5d81e02c75/Mack-TD

shows just how much of a joke the pro-bowl is. Why people would pay good money to go and watch what is effectively the NFL version of flag football is beyond me.
A few years back when Adrian Peterson won the MVP, and Larry Fitzgerald was in amazing post-season form, I liked it, but moving forward last year, and not on tv this year. and seeing that replay, it's just pathetic.

Does the new CBA that the league is proposing include a Pro Bowl provision?

Quite frankly if I was a player and being asked to play an extra two regular season games, I'd be asking to have the chance to be selected All Pro, but forget about me risking rolling an ankle or something else because I am on a field, padded up, but not really playing for anything.

Does the new CBA that the league is proposing include a Pro Bowl provision?

Quite frankly if I was a player and being asked to play an extra two regular season games, I'd be asking to have the chance to be selected All Pro, but forget about me risking rolling an ankle or something else because I am on a field, padded up, but not really playing for anything.

Don't understand why they just can't pick the teams and leave it at that.
Just like I don't understand why the AFL doesn't pick state of origin teams every year just for the honour. Looks good on a player's CV.

MLB probably has it right. The winner of the All Star game means that League gets the extra home game (if required) in the best of 7 world series. At least gives them something to play for although half the player's teams would be no chance at that stage.

yeh ive never gotten into it, will watch a replay or two but its meaningless and you cant take anything out of it. spot on though, its great for a players cv

Re: NFL Coverage in Australia (2)

It's so annoying every year stuck with the same shitty choice.

Go with Fox and get Theismann and co explain the game like you're a F'ing idiot.

or

Go with ONEHD and get the US feed but you have to put up with Andy Maher and Dave Hughes.

My mate has fox HD so I think we'll go with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other TV Coverage in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back