TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

It sucks there is no more $60 yearly sub for Paramount for A League members.

I've never been prepared to pay for Paramount's shitty product, especially when A-League is all I watch and it's so easy to access using a VPN.

My thoughts too. There are no teams in tennis. It doesn't attract a season long following. Only the real die hard tennis fans care about all the non major tournaments outside the majors and many of those are on in the middle of the night.

I just don't see it as a major attraction for a streaming service. I would bet that the UEFA competitions are Stan's main drawcard for Stan Sport.
Don’t discount the union fans…yeah we don’t follow the sport as much in Melbourne but it has a following and they have all that stuff, mostly exclusive I think

Don’t discount the union fans…yeah we don’t follow the sport as much in Melbourne but it has a following and they have all that stuff, mostly exclusive I think

Does it have a following?

Union has been managed so poorly. Always being behind a pay wall has not helped it.
You probably have more disenfranchised fans then soccer

Union would have to be the worst followed 'major' sporting code in the country.

Grass roots is almost invisible. I know we aren't a rugby state down here but I do not know of a single person who has ever played Union or had kids play the sport.

While we don't have much league down here we still do have some and a few competitions going.

Union is still viewed as a private boys school sport also.

I doubt a streaming service would survive off it. Maybe a few subscribers for the recent WC.

Thank you Kayo, haha. I had received a couple of offers from them since I cancelled after Round 23 last year and was waiting to see if they would send me another offer. They just did, $15/month for 6 months. I jumped on it. Probably should have waited until the offer expires on February 7th to jump on it but I just did it today so I didn’t forget to do it in 2 weeks lol.

If I were to take out a 7 day trial now on Bein connect would that mean my monthly period would start after the trial period ends?

Only want to pay one month of Bein should we make the League Cup final.

Obviously will cancel if Fulham goes through.
You would only be paying for one month. The 2nd leg is tomorrow, so your 7 day period would obviously cover until January 30th or 31st (whenever you start the trial) and then your one month period would cover until the beginning of March. EFL final is on February 25th.

If you’re not sure. Just start the trial now and cancel it after the game tomorrow. If Liverpool gets into the final, sign up for a month closer to the final.

Does anyone here have all four streaming platforms required to watch EPL, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, etc?

I'm sure this has been covered numerous times in this thread, but I miss the good old days of Fox Sports having four or five matches to choose from simultaneously on an early Sunday morning. You'd also be able to watch the FA Cup, League Cup and other European leagues on the one streaming platform.

Then you had SBS televising the Champions League and IIRC they even had two or three free to air EPL matches per weekend.

My passion for the world game has decreased significantly thanks largely to the bullshit TV rights. Such a shame. I'm not holding my breath but I'm hoping some day in the near future there will be a more convenient and affordable way to watch Soccer the same way we used 9-10 years ago.

Does anyone here have all four streaming platforms required to watch EPL, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, etc?

I'm sure this has been covered numerous times in this thread, but I miss the good old days of Fox Sports having four or five matches to choose from simultaneously on an early Sunday morning. You'd also be able to watch the FA Cup, League Cup and other European leagues on the one streaming platform.

Then you had SBS televising the Champions League and IIRC they even had two or three free to air EPL matches per weekend.

My passion for the world game has decreased significantly thanks largely to the bullshit TV rights. Such a shame. I'm not holding my breath but I'm hoping some day in the near future there will be a more convenient and affordable way to watch Soccer the same way we used 9-10 years ago.

You miss paying $100 a month for Fox Sports?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even outside the UK? That sucks. I have Celtic TV and you get all the domestic games live. Euro games they put up after midnight UK time so they are there to watch after work.

The PL wouldn't let them even if they wanted to. The TV contracts are worth an absolute **** load more than what the SPL would be getting.

Even outside the UK? That sucks. I have Celtic TV and you get all the domestic games live. Euro games they put up after midnight UK time so they are there to watch after work.
Spfl is different though, there is only 1 or2 games broadcast (mainly old firm which is beyond annoying). All epl games are broadcast internationally so there is a limit/inability for epl to sell there own broadcast. The lower league clubs (championship down) they do sell the games like the spfl clubs.

I get all hull live through the same thing but it's stupidly expensive to get one game a week which works out to even less when you exclude televised games.

For those who say they’d rather it back on Foxtel, they’ve rolled out their new pricing structure too, and having Fox Sports now comes at a minimum of $100 per month 🫨…that’s $70 for Foxtel Plus, and $30 for sport…(yep it went up too)

For those who say they’d rather it back on Foxtel, they’ve rolled out their new pricing structure too, and having Fox Sports now comes at a minimum of $100 per month 🫨…that’s $70 for Foxtel Plus, and $30 for sport…(yep it went up too)

Yeah thought it'd be about that. Wild.

It was just boomers and still is. Having Foxtel in 2024 is like having a telephone line running in your house.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back