TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Having beIN Sports Connect, Stan, Optus Sport and Paramount+ for my football fix as well subscribing to the NBA, NFL and NHL via NBA League Pass, NFL Game Pass and NHL.TV works out cheaper

For those who say they’d rather it back on Foxtel, they’ve rolled out their new pricing structure too, and having Fox Sports now comes at a minimum of $100 per month 🫨…that’s $70 for Foxtel Plus, and $30 for sport…(yep it went up too)

See you say that, I just got it for 12 months at $54 per month including sport.

Which is $1 cheaper than Binge and Kayo for the next 12 months for me.

At the end of 12 months, I'll just switch back if I need to.

See you say that, I just got it for 12 months at $54 per month including sport.

Which is $1 cheaper than Binge and Kayo for the next 12 months for me.

At the end of 12 months, I'll just switch back if I need to.

Still not quite sure how that works when I can get Binge and Kayo for 12 months for $35 a month haha.

Are you paying for both premium packages?

All I know is it will cost me less money over the next 12 months than what I was paying over the last 12 months.

I'm getting Kayo through GWS at $25 a month and then Binge costs $10 a month for the basic. I mean if we're technically speaking it costs me $25 a month as I don't pay for Binge, but the point stands that I could get Binge at $10 a month if I wanted to. Even if I wanted to get a better version, not sure there's $20 worth of step ups to make it more expensive than Foxtel.

I'm getting Kayo through GWS at $25 a month and then Binge costs $10 a month for the basic. I mean if we're technically speaking it costs me $25 a month as I don't pay for Binge, but the point stands that I could get Binge at $10 a month if I wanted to. Even if I wanted to get a better version, not sure there's $20 worth of step ups to make it more expensive than Foxtel.
Well there you go, we weren't paying for the same packages anyway haha.

Anyway, it's all a moot point now. I'm not paying the inflated price their charging in Fwoy's post, my satellite goes up today and in all likelihood I'll cancel in 12 months when they try to increase the price.

Anyway, it's all a moot point now. I'm not paying the inflated price their charging in Fwoy's post, my satellite goes up today and in all likelihood I'll cancel in 12 months when they try to increase the price.

When you cancel they'll give another 12 months for sure. Foxtel is chasing subscribers heavily.

Yeah I knew we weren't, I was just suggesting there's a pretty cheap way to get Kayo and Binge even on their more premium packages that would work out cheaper than Foxtel. The inflated Kayo price is surely not being paid by anyone except the most lazy who can't be bothered signing up to a digital AFL membership (which takes two seconds and just spits out a code to plug into Kayo).

When you cancel they'll give another 12 months for sure. Foxtel is chasing subscribers heavily.

So is Kayo. I have it for $15/month for the next 6 months because I unsubscribed last August and haven’t been back, so they sent me that offer. I was re-subscribing in March lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel about to launch their aggregator box called Hubbl…launch details and price to be made official at a Wednesday night presentation. Whilst I’m not 100% sure on all the details, you will be able to sign up to all the apps through Hubbl in a “stack and save” set-up. Essentially you can opt-in or not on any of the following apps, and they will be integrated to your Home Screen…so you will see Optus Sport tiles next to Kayo tiles next to Paramount+ tiles, next to Stan tiles etc, as I understand…

Apps so far included/available:

Binge, Kayo, Flash, Lifestyle, Netflix, Stan*, AppleTV+, Optus Sport*, Paramount+*, Disney+, Prime, YouTube and the free apps abc iView, sbs on demand, 7plus, 9now, and 10play

*not available at launch…

Foxtel about to launch their aggregator box called Hubbl…launch details and price to be made official at a Wednesday night presentation. Whilst I’m not 100% sure on all the details, you will be able to sign up to all the apps through Hubbl in a “stack and save” set-up. Essentially you can opt-in or not on any of the following apps, and they will be integrated to your Home Screen…so you will see Optus Sport tiles next to Kayo tiles next to Paramount+ tiles, next to Stan tiles etc, as I understand…

Apps so far included/available:

Binge, Kayo, Flash, Lifestyle, Netflix, Stan*, AppleTV+, Optus Sport*, Paramount+*, Disney+, Prime, YouTube and the free apps abc iView, sbs on demand, 7plus, 9now, and 10play

*not available at launch…

Is this going to solve my idea from a few months ago where I said to my wife you should be able to split screen shows/sports from different apps?

Doubt it. Foxtel aren’t that technically advanced

I reckon there's a big gap in the market for an app that lets you do something like that. It occurred to me while watching split screen on Kayo last year, but even being able to watch a sport on mute on half the screen while your other half watches some reality show on a different streaming service on the other surely appeals to some. Or else being able to split screen sports from two different sporting apps in a less extreme example.

When you cancel your subscription with Kayo (now $35 - no thanks), they are big on telling you there is still free stuff available. So when you go back in, you see lots of little lock symbols - which is fine. The NBL is free it seems, and some other random stuff.

However their messaging is all up the spout, as per usual. The AFL pre-season games are locked to view live but claimed to free. Whether that is by design or by error. Gave it 24 hours in the hope the Richmond v Melbourne game would be unlocked but still not as of last night.

Whether in subscription or out of subscription, Kayo finds a way to mess with your expectations.

When you cancel your subscription with Kayo (now $35 - no thanks), they are big on telling you there is still free stuff available. So when you go back in, you see lots of little lock symbols - which is fine. The NBL is free it seems, and some other random stuff.

However their messaging is all up the spout, as per usual. The AFL pre-season games are locked to view live but claimed to free. Whether that is by design or by error. Gave it 24 hours in the hope the Richmond v Melbourne game would be unlocked but still not as of last night.

Whether in subscription or out of subscription, Kayo finds a way to mess with your expectations.

Sign up to a digital membership with an AFL club mate, you can get Kayo for $25 a month.

BEIN now on Prime. But if you already have BEIN you can’t use it that subscription to access on Prime even if you’re also a Prime subscriber! I would have to pay for extra on Prime. Bought a year sub for BEIN at start of the season but they won’t let me refund early.

When Optus Sports went on Foxtel all I had to do was log in with my Optus pw and no extra cost. Quite silly from Prime

Sign up to a digital membership with an AFL club mate, you can get Kayo for $25 a month.
Yeah, toying with changing my NBN from Telstra, it's overpriced compared to the market, so will probably go that way, then if I come back to Telsta, will do so via wife having an account there and getting the 12mths free next time if still a thing.

So is Kayo. I have it for $15/month for the next 6 months because I unsubscribed last August and haven’t been back, so they sent me that offer. I was re-subscribing in March lol.

What marketing options do you have to have active for them to send you an offer? I unsubscribed August last year and haven't got jack. $15 a month would be acceptable for the AFL season.

What marketing options do you have to have active for them to send you an offer? I unsubscribed August last year and haven't got jack. $15 a month would be acceptable for the AFL season.

IMG_0641.png
IMG_0642.png
That is what my communications section looks like on my Kayo account. I don’t have the section for offers ticked. I guess I just got lucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back