TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

24.99 is the minimum price.

Min price with a Optus contract is a post paid mobile plan ($52 monthly seems to be the cheapest) plus $9.99 for Optus Sport.

Thats 61.99 monthly.
I'm not doing this with you again, I've lost count of the amount of times you try and negatively spin anything Optus.

I'm not doing this with you again, I've lost count of the amount of times you try and negatively spin anything Optus.

Bizarre post. All I've done is point out at a minimum cost of $24.99 monthly one should expect to be not bombarded with ads. The coverage itself is excellent.

The product at launch wasn’t sustainable. It feels like getting ripped off when the monthly fee was added and now it’s going up, but it’s actually just getting closer to its true price. The same as streaming services like Netflix, people feel ripped off now they pay more for less content, but the original cost was well below a sustainable price and just to get acquisitions.

I’d only expect more ads going forward too. Streaming services are moving back to ad based subs like Netflix and Prime. At 45 minute halves football will likely move to Picture in Picture ads during play at some point in some markets.

Optus Sport subscribers will now be able to watch the longest running national knockout football cup competition in the world, the Emirates FA Cup, live on Optus Sport from November 2024.

The FA Cup features English football’s biggest clubs including defending champions Manchester United, who upset rivals Manchester City in a thrilling final this year.

Founded in 1871, the iconic cup competition has been won by 44 different clubs with Arsenal the most successful team having lifted the famous trophy 14 times to date.

The beauty of the competition is that teams outside of the English Football League can compete, with numerous underdog runs and stunning upsets witnessed over the years.

Last season’s FA Cup memorably saw sixth-division side Maidstone United reach the fifth round having beaten Premier League-bound Ipswich Town as part of an incredible eight-match winning run.

The FA Community Shield, the annual season curtain-raiser played between current the Emirates FA Cup winners and Premier League titleholders, kicks off the season on Optus Sport.

The 2024 Community Shield will be played at Wembley on Saturday, August 10, with another Manchester derby to be contested for an early piece of silverware.

After that, the FA Cup first round proper kicks off from November 2 with live and exclusive coverage all the way through to the final at Wembley in May 2025.

Howard Rees, Head of Optus Sport, said:The Emirates FA Cup is one of the most prestigious knockout cup competitions in world football and we are excited to unite the Emirates FA Cup and The FA Community Shield as part of the world’s best football on Optus Sport.”

Is that just giving us all FA Cup fixtures?

I would presume it's the same package Paramount+ had which was all games from the First Round Proper, but I think it will only be the televised replays from each round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news hopefully they don’t hike prices again

Prices have been raised by $3 starting in August. So I doubt prices will be raised again for a while.

I would presume it's the same package Paramount+ had which was all games from the First Round Proper, but I think it will only be the televised replays from each round.

Do you mean on Optus? Because according to their press release the competition will be live.

Is it certain competitions/friendlies?

Seems bizarre, I thought most major national sides were expected to be able to be seen on FTA. I've clearly made that up though.

Even back in the Fox days a lot of WC qualifiers were exclusively on Fox so it's the same it's always been really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back