TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sinner was very good.
The Punisher was EXCELLENT!! (Forget that it's Marvel... It's basically stand alone).

Looking for something new but unsure.

Love my DC and Marvel superhero series.

Believe, Limitless and Forever while all got were cancelled are among my favourites a few years ago and are for mine real hidden gems.

I love my sport debate shows: ESPN First Take and Undisputed on FS1.

The various night time talk shows I'll mostly tune into via Youtube for particular segments of interest.

That 70s Show is my favourite comedy and probably my all-time favourite show.

--
As is the case in the modern day, unless it's a sporting event that is televised on free to air such as the Aus Open or AFL games. The tv wouldn't get much use. Free to air tv in 2017 was the worst it's ever been, with every series I had enjoyed no longer shown on free to air and a lot that I wanted to see not on. It's pretty poor.

Love my DC and Marvel superhero series.

Believe, Limitless and Forever while all got were cancelled are among my favourites a few years ago and are for mine real hidden gems.

I love my sport debate shows: ESPN First Take and Undisputed on FS1.

The various night time talk shows I'll mostly tune into via Youtube for particular segments of interest.

--
As is the case in the modern day, unless it's a sporting event that is televised on free to air such as the Aus Open or AFL games. The tv wouldn't get much use. Free to air tv in 2017 was the worst it's ever been, with every series I had enjoyed no longer shown on free to air and a lot that I wanted to see not on. It's pretty poor.

Have you seen The Punisher yet?
So good!

Have watched.

The Punisher movie I liked more, just favouring the actor slightly. But I've come around and enjoyed the series thoroughly.

I would have to respectfully disagree.
I thought John Bernthal's portrayal was incredible and award worthy.

I would have to respectfully disagree.
I thought John Bernthal's portrayal was incredible and award worthy.

How to you rate The Punisher (2004) out of interest?

For me it's on my top-5 all time movies. I was just that in love with it. That's why I found it difficult identifying so strongly with that movie to place the show on that same pedestal.

It's unusual for me as well, because I'm normally more of a tv series guy than I am a movie guy. But just relating The Punisher to that character, it was initially hard making that transition to John in that role, but he's definitely one who has grown on me and I've also come to enjoy the portrayal of.

A further, again personal preference of mine, and I'm sure there will be others who see it differently, but I find I enjoy the DC shows slightly more, but the with movies I favour Marvel for the most part - particularly as a big X-Men fan.

How to you rate The Punisher (2004) out of interest?

For me it's on my top-5 all time movies. I was just that in love with it. That's why I found it difficult identifying so strongly with that movie to place the show on that same pedestal.

It's unusual for me as well, because I'm normally more of a tv series guy than I am a movie guy. But just relating The Punisher to that character, it was initially hard making that transition to John in that role, but he's definitely one who has grown on me and I've also come to enjoy the portrayal of.

A further, again personal preference of mine, and I'm sure there will be others who see it differently, but I find I enjoy the DC shows slightly more, but the with movies I favour Marvel for the most part - particularly as a big X-Men fan.

Did you watch season 2 of Daredevil before watching The Punisher series? I think that helped to set up his character.

Top 5 of all time?! Wow... You sir, have that movie on a very high pedestal haha.
Just an average, run of the mill, super hero film for mine.

Did you watch season 2 of Daredevil before watching The Punisher series? I think that helped to set up his character.

Top 5 of all time?! Wow... You sir, have that movie on a very high pedestal haha.
Just an average, run of the mill, super hero film for mine.

I did. And that's where I was really struggling with John as The Punisher. It just didn't feel like that's what he should look like, or how he should act, just loving the movie as much as I did.

Once I started watching The Punisher, the show, that's where John as The Punisher started to grow on me and feel like a suitable fit for the role.

Season 4 of Black Mirror dropped a couple of days ago.
I've just started on season 1, and 3 episodes in.

Loving it.

Very clever view of our reliance and hence implications on technology.

The End Of The F**king World is an excellent show on Netflix for anyone interested.
Very dark but comedic as well. Enjoyable, one of the better made shows going around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that show is actually called Manhunt: Unabomber and its not related. I fell for the same thing too, Its not on Netflix , I have seen the first episode... was happy enough with it to watch it all

Anyone watched Unabomber on Netflix? Any good?

Just started Manhunt: Unabomber.

Very good so far.
I’ve just noticed that this is now on Netflix after looking for it quite some time ago. Only watched one episode but found it to be an excellent start and very promising. The sources I heard from to say how good it is are exemplary, so I was very confident.

From the Big Bang Theory pantheon of shows-that-everyone-raves-about-yet-I-can’t-for-the-life-of-me-find-funny.

The End Of The F**king World is an excellent show on Netflix for anyone interested.
Very dark but comedic as well. Enjoyable, one of the better made shows going around.
Really? My wife made me watch two episodes of that and wowee I thought it flat out sucked. Like a British remake of Reality Bites but with stupider characters and shittier writing. Couldn’t continue after those two eps.

From the Big Bang Theory pantheon of shows-that-everyone-raves-about-yet-I-can’t-for-the-life-of-me-find-funny.

We all have a different sense of humour.

I'm a sit com guy. Not everyone is. Everybody Loves Raymond, Becker, Seinfeld. Big Bang I find very watchable - though more recent seasons have lost some appeal becoming too relationshipy.

It's just easy watching that doesn't require much thought which I find a nice change of pace from daily life.

If anyone is after some links to some of the all-time, all-time funniest scenes from That 70s Show, give me a yell. I just quickly put together a playlist of some of my, top of mind favourite scenes.

Really? My wife made me watch two episodes of that and wowee I thought it flat out sucked. Like a British remake of Reality Bites but with stupider characters and shittier writing. Couldn’t continue after those two eps.
Nup it's not for everyone but it is easily one of the best made shows that captures every emotion on screen with some great actors. It's a certain genre.

Nup it's not for everyone but it is easily one of the best made shows that captures every emotion on screen with some great actors. It's a certain genre.
Yeah, I know it’s a genre, but I find it hard to relate to characters who are not just neurotic but plain stupid. Like the male lead who has second thoughts about murdering someone because it would leave behind evidence which would point to him... uh dude you were about to kill that same person on your own living room couch only 15 mins ago...?! Seriously...

We all have a different sense of humour.

I'm a sit com guy. Not everyone is. Everybody Loves Raymond, Becker, Seinfeld. Big Bang I find very watchable - though more recent seasons have lost some appeal becoming too relationshipy.

It's just easy watching that doesn't require much thought which I find a nice change of pace from daily life.

If anyone is after some links to some of the all-time, all-time funniest scenes from That 70s Show, give me a yell. I just quickly put together a playlist of some of my, top of mind favourite scenes.
I like plenty of sit coms; Seinfeld especially. I just can’t get a laugh out of That 70’s Show (or TBBT).

I like plenty of sit coms; Seinfeld especially. I just can’t get a laugh out of That 70’s Show (or TBBT).

Probably an age group thing.

That 70s Show has appeal more to teens (due to the age of the main characters) and young adults. Same with TBBT (less so due to age but more so due to social immaturity of the characters).

The other programs as some other top of mind sit coms I enjoy are more suited to those 30+ years of age which will happen with the main characters experiencing a different stage of life.

Remove this Banner Ad

TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back