TV shows/Movies You Would Be Ashamed Of Owning/Wouldn't Admit to Enjoying

Remove this Banner Ad

O hai Dipper.

Dipper(domenico)?

I love cooking shows but really shouldn't watch them at this time of night
One of the best and unintentionally funny late night TV discoveries i've found was on Food in the early hours of the morning, Stu Macgill "Uncorked"...Old mate Stuey going around to wineries and playing wine pro, suprisingly good host but it's hard to take him seriously, plus the series is a few years old now so it's a bit dated.

gotten into the habit of watching pokemon on TV first thing in the mornings

not ashamed to say i love beauty and the geek,

Nothing wrong with cooking shows is there....i hope not anyway.

I have three channels set as favourites on my foxtel box. Food, Food +2 and FoxFooty.

Haha.. Thought it was just me :)

I am addicted to Cupcake Wars for goodness sakes! Makes me wanna drop everything and go to pastry school! I love Man V Food, Bizarre Foods, UK Masterchef, Top Chef and still love Iron Chef... Lately I've been recording Sugar High, and wowee talk about salivating!

Seriously don't watch Man vs Food at this time of night when you can't sleep. Chicken and waffles, deep pan pizza, 2lb donuts... I'm trying to stop eating unnecessarily so i don't have to buy new boardies come summer.

Now cooking burgers, god damn it now all i want is a real burger and it's 2am...

You mean Cake Boss? The one with the crazy Italian family run business? I like most cooking shows whatever they might be but I personally can't enough of baking shows. I just lie on the couch and drool over the most amazingly delectable dessert creations they come up with... If only I could be bothered trying to cook them myself :D

7th Heaven. Not sure why I like it. Just do

Used to like it, well the first few seasons any way. Some of the situations the kids got themselves in were hilarious.

For me it would easily be 3 shows starting with G

I loved Grey's Anatomy seasons 1 - 3, from then on my interest dropped off to the point where i might watch an episode once in a blue moon (season 5 finale was the last full episode i tuned in to).

Gossip Girl is a weird one, i think i got into it because of how attractive i thought the girls were. No way should i like it considering i'm too far outside the target audience.

Gilmore Girls - more for the witty banter and clever dialog between the characters. Comparing it with another show, i'd say it is very similar to Supernatural in the way that the characters interact with each other (put downs, clever obscure references etc). Although i often say it in reverse - that Supernatural is the male version of the Gilmore Girls.Further embarrassing to admit, i collected the show on dvd twice..... separate seasons, and i also have it in big box set form.

In terms of embarrassing movies - The Lizzie McGuire movie is in my dvd collection, but it's way at the bottom :D.

Veronica Mars - Not so much ashamed, it's just I've never met anyone who has heard of it. Good show
Pushing Daisies - As above
The O.C - First two seasons hold a lot of nostalgic value
Record Border Security and Airways every week
Watch Once Upon a Time, Desperate Housewives and Smash with Mrs Dw

Seriously don't watch Man vs Food at this time of night when you can't sleep. Chicken and waffles, deep pan pizza, 2lb donuts... I'm trying to stop eating unnecessarily so i don't have to buy new boardies come summer.

Now cooking burgers, god damn it now all i want is a real burger and it's 2am...

Man vs Food is basically the equivalent of food pr0n! The yanks are culinary genuises when it comes to junk food!

Yep not a good idea to flick on the rerun at 12:30am, instant hunger pangs haha

As a girl i'm kinda ashamed to admit i'm really into this show...even more ashamed to admit that on a good day i feel I could polish off some of those challenges :oops: God help me if i ever go back to the US and stumble upon any of the restaurants shown in the show, I'll very quickly go from size 6 to size 24 lol

Americans do seriously amazing food. It's just done to such excess. Everything is about four or five times richer, sweeter, oilier and bigger than it needs to be (at least, for someone like me).

I remember seeing an episode of Man vs Food where they showed Katz's Deli and the famous pastrami sandwiches they sell. The pastrami made my mouth water, but who eats a sandwich with half a kilo of meat in it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't Tell the Bride, Gilmore Girls, Titanic :/

Have seen every episode of the gilmore girls (within the last two years) while i was very excited to hear about the Australian version of dont tell the bride, however sad that more people will actually know what it is and thus rib into me about it. It's just the one wedding show of many my sister has made me watch that i actually enjoyed...

Americans do seriously amazing food. It's just done to such excess. Everything is about four or five times richer, sweeter, oilier and bigger than it needs to be (at least, for someone like me).

I remember seeing an episode of Man vs Food where they showed Katz's Deli and the famous pastrami sandwiches they sell. The pastrami made my mouth water, but who eats a sandwich with half a kilo of meat in it?

Spot on. I think its just typical of thier culture. The bigger the better. It is kind of sickening though, the gluttony. Even walking at least +10km every day and only having 1 to 2 meals, I still came back 3 kilos heavier and it took me at least a month to get my body feeling healthy again.

Those pastrami sandwiches were foul though! Surely just a novelty, no way anyone could consume that much meat in one sitting. Doesnt seem like an enjoyable eating experience at all

Man vs Food is basically the equivalent of food pr0n! The yanks are culinary genuises when it comes to junk food!

Yep not a good idea to flick on the rerun at 12:30am, instant hunger pangs haha

As a girl i'm kinda ashamed to admit i'm really into this show...even more ashamed to admit that on a good day i feel I could polish off some of those challenges :oops: God help me if i ever go back to the US and stumble upon any of the restaurants shown in the show, I'll very quickly go from size 6 to size 24 lol
Yeah i fear america for the same reason, fairly sure if i went their for a while i would come back a walking heart attack in need of a new wardrobe...

Remove this Banner Ad

TV shows/Movies You Would Be Ashamed Of Owning/Wouldn't Admit to Enjoying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back