Twenty20 Big Bash Round 2: South Australia v Queensland @ Adelaide (Sun)

Tipping Comp

• South Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Centrals
2020bbjs6.gif

sabj7.gif
vs
QLD.gif

Adelaide Oval
6:45pm Sunday January 3​

The Redbacks host their first of three home games this season - or maybe four if they can keep their performance at the level they set in Perth and finish top two. Gary Putland's been added to the side while Aaron O'Brien will come into contention with the remaining games on the spin friendly Adelaide Oval, and ANZ Stadium which has also been pretty good for spinners. If O'Brien comes in does Manou remain at the top leaving either O'Brien or Christian to bat at 9? Seems stupid but it is the Redbacks. Mark Cleary was awful on his return from injury in Perth and Haberfield may have moved past him as Tait's preferred backup, and who knows why they've picked Spudland, wouldn't be a huge surprise if he played (and got tonked and/or broke down). They could also cull Borgas if they don't like the Christian at 9 idea and whoever insists on continuing with the Manou at the top idea.

Not a good start for the Bulls - they had the Vics in all sorts of trouble early, then Chris Simpson dropped Ross Taylor and he went on to lead them to a competitive target. In the chase they got off to a good start but when Simpson fell for 4 off 6 they dropped behind the Duckworth-Lewis target and then the rain came before Cutting had enough time to get them back in front. Ben Laughlin's at best doubtful to return from a recurrence of his stomach strain, Scott Walter may've made the trip if Laughlin was ruled out, but it's hard to see a change to the 11.

South Australia XIII:
*+Graham Manou
Dan Harris
Tom Cooper
Mark Cosgrove
Shahid Afridi
Kieron Pollard
Cameron Borgas
Dan Christian
Aaron O'Brien
Mark Cleary
Gary Putland
Shaun Tait
Jake Haberfield
In:
O'Brien
Putland

Probable Queensland XIII:
51 +Ben Dunk
39 James Hopes
77 Lee Carseldine
63 Andrew Symonds
22 Glen Batticciotto
36 Nathan Reardon
27 Craig Philipson
83 *Chris Simpson
45 Ryan Harris
35 Nathan Rimmington
31 Ben Cutting
55 Ben Laughlin
8 Alister McDermott
In:
Batticciotto
Laughlin

Weather:
Fine, 24 degrees

Session Times
First innings: 6:45-8pm
Second innings: 8:15-9:30pm

Last 2 Years
2008-09 Round 4 @ Brisbane
Queensland won by 12 balls
South Australia 7/163 (20)
Klinger 42 (32)
Harris 40 (28)
Simpson 2/30 (4)
Queensland 3/164 (18)
Carseldine 67* (47)
Reardon 46 (23)
Cleary 1/35 (4)

2007-08 Round 2 @ Brisbane
Queensland won the toss and then it rained

Coverage:
fs2bh3.png
live from 7pm AEDT
abc891adelaide.png
from 6:30pm
abc612brisbane.png
from 6pm
grandstand.png
from 7:15pm AEDT (Windows Real)
Cricket Australia's scorecard
Cricinfo's scorecard

Tickets:
Adults - $15
Concession/Children - $8
Family - $38
(Members Bradman Stand, Clem Hill Hill)
(Gates open 2:30pm for curtain raiser SA U17s v NSW U17s)

I like the Putland selection. He obviously wont play, but he has been in some pretty good form in grade cricket so far this season. Has been taking wickets, and has been very economical. He is a much better option than Weeks or Wise.

O'Brien for Christian is the only possible change I can see happening, especially considering Pollard and Cosgrove can both bowl medium paces, and the pitch could prove to be spin friendly given the hot weather lately. But even then, I don't think the Redbacks will be making any changes.

Well that's what I heard. But it was posted on the redbacks Twitter 10 minutes ago that it ain't sold out yet. Either call tikiteck or get them from the gate early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah my dad went and got us tickets at about 2pm and there were still some left. Don't know where these reports of sell-outs come from.

As much as his bowling saved us last game, I will be plenty pissed off if Afridi fails with the bat again. That Pollard lad is an excitement machine though. I love him already.

Can hardly hear the crowd on fox sports... Anyone else having the same problem?

Yeah, sound effects seem crappy, oh well, looks like a big crowd, even if we can't hear it.

Big game for QLD, don't want to go 0-2 in a 5 game comp.

Great catch, pit it wasn't "fat boy" Cosgrove, who by batting at about 60% Strike rate is giving the bulls a chance.

Cosgrove has seen more dot balls in one innings then were played at the MCG last night, he's making a game of it at least.

Will be close now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Twenty20 Big Bash Round 2: South Australia v Queensland @ Adelaide (Sun)

Back