Twenty20 Big Bash Round 2: Victoria v New South Wales @ Melbourne (Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got in for free with my day 3 ticket, fantastic night, Vics were always going to get home. Not too sure about the cheerleaders, the fireworks were good though.

Definitely going to the Tassie game and hopefully the final as well.

amazing, amazing game and atmosphere. one of the best t20s i've ever seen. no, wait, the best. the crowd was great, and the game up to the task. bravo was superb, and dave hussey did his bit very well. the two smith's, with their boundary catches? outstanding. a huge wrap to warner for doing his bit with the willow, too. hopefully the vics host the final, and pack the G.

That is what domestic cricket is all about. A heartstopping clash between 2 of cricket's oldest rivals, with an animated crowd & some very good tongue-in-cheek commentary from the Fox Sports commentary team.

It is so pleasing to see some interest coming back into domestic cricket. The state v state rivalry was what used to define cricket in Australia.

plus one to this. the victorian crowd was brilliant tonight.

Oh thats right, could get into the games by only flashing a metcard back then so there was no official count. I caught the train in and bought my mate a pensioners concession thing for like $1.20 haha. Good deal that.

I recorded this on my iq and just finished watching it, how magnificent was that win, gee that felt good, i love beating the cockroaches that are nsw, tbh i didnt think we were great tonight, we struggled with our bowling and some cameo efforts with the bat got us home, I think it will be between the blues and bushrangers in the final and how important that win might be for the sake of hosting the final if we make it

Man of the match: Blow Up Doll
Hilarious!!! :D Good on whoever brought that, lightened up the game when the runs dried up for the Vic's. Fken security guards, try and ruin some harmless fun, they must have popped over 30 beachballs tonight.:mad:Great game tonight by Dwayne 'F******' BRAVO!:thumbsu:

Another great game though, this whole series is amazing.:thumbsu:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

It is so pleasing to see some interest coming back into domestic cricket. The state v state rivalry was what used to define cricket in Australia.

I'm red+black and I endorse these comments.

With regards to Henriques, why is he the anointed one? For years I have had the impression that regardless of his performances for NSW, he is being groomed to one day captain the national team. I hope that doesn't happen.

Hussey and Bravo definitely dug us spectacularly out of another Cam "Dot Ball King" White hole. The final 47 runs came off only 19 balls... breathtaking stuff.

Getting sick to death of Bear coming in with the team in good position, dicking around for 20-40 balls at a S/R less than 100, then getting out slogging. He seems utterly incapable of batting sensibly and scoring at the same time. Should not be coming in at 3 in any scenario, too much time for him to dick around and escalate the required rate.

Agree with the sentiments on Henriques... definitely too inexperienced to be captain and really looked out of his depth late in the game.

As for Bird, don't think he should be playing again... nothing to do with his form, his action is still ridiculously suspicious. His off spinning slower ball has more elbow bend than a Murali doosra.

That Steve Smith catch was just insane. Don't think many realise just how low and fast that ball was travelling... to take it one handed (baseball style) at the peak of his jump at full stretch within a foot of the boundary rope and still stay in was amazing.

Man of the match: Blow Up Doll
Hilarious!!! :D Good on whoever brought that, lightened up the game when the runs dried up for the Vic's. Fken security guards, try and ruin some harmless fun, they must have popped over 30 beachballs tonight.:mad:Great game tonight by Dwayne 'F******' BRAVO!:thumbsu:

That was funny actually. Started "behind the goals" at the Punt Road end, and nearly made it all the way to the AFL members at the other end of the Southern Stand. Was a little tough explaining to my 9 year old nephew what the doll was. He was quite perplexed.

Absolutely sensational match last night! The T20 Big Bash continues to improve!

Steve Smith's catch was amazing!! :eek: What a stunner.

Couldn't believe they put Ronnie McDonald ahead of Bravo last night, in the end it didn't cost them but surely Bravo should've come in at 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25,442 according to the age.

I'd say there'd be more with people who have cards that you just show at the gate to get in for free.

According to the Herald Sun the crowd was 28,100, but that sounds like more of an estimate to me. The Age's figure is probably about right. One point about those who get in free with cards, etc. The attendance I think is determined by the amount of times the turnstiles roll over (note that the turnstiles are never in use for Ford Ranger Cup or Sheffield Shield games but they are for Big Bash games). With only two gates open at the MCG last night this created some long queues to get into the ground. Interesting though that the MCG didn't release the official attendance for last night's game (it's not even available on their website with all the other attendance figures) seeing as there was such a great crowd in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Twenty20 Big Bash Round 2: Victoria v New South Wales @ Melbourne (Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back