Roast Ty-ragic Tyrone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why close a thread when the consensus was that he's a dud. If he was a star from the beginning (eg Martin) it wouldn't be closed. Isn't this what a forum is about?

Needs to be a bit more than a shameless bump...

ie.

1. Bump thread, reminding posters of their blind ignorance
2. Discuss TV's recent heroics
3. ???
4. Profit

I did consider closing it last night but I'd also like to think posters should get a right of reply. However since I see this thread has gone no where and the majority of constructive Vickery posting (including from those who had a go at him in this thread) is now in a new thread there is really not a lot of value in leaving it open.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838500

:D
Asked PHX to re-open and he has politely agreed.

Great... now, just want to say l was wrrrrrrroooo.....

Stuff you guys, not giving you the pleasure. But l must say, happy to take all the hits and abuse, nothing better than seeing threads come back to bite people on the arse.

I for one am quite pleased to be the one to BUMP this.

:thumbsu:

Ty-riffic!

You're still a complete twat for getting stuck into such a young ruckman.

Given 2/3rds of kids drafted never make it, calling that they will fail takes no talent spotting skill at all. Either give a kid a proper chance to develop or shut your trap and be a proper SUPPORTER of our players.

You're still a complete twat for getting stuck into such a young ruckman.

Given 2/3rds of kids drafted never make it, calling that they will fail takes no talent spotting skill at all. Either give a kid a proper chance to develop or shut your trap and be a proper SUPPORTER of our players.

Never had a poor reflection on a player mate?

I put myself on the block, lighten up. :rolleyes:

Never had a poor reflection on a player mate?

I put myself on the block, lighten up. :rolleyes:
Lighten up!? Kiss my ass! Anyone who rips into players on our list who are under developed and inexperienced just makes you out to be someone who feels like they need to put people down to make yourself feel tough and important. You started a thread about a 19 year old 200cm ruckman who hadn't even started his 3rd season yet with the specific purpose to write him off completely as an AFL player. Sure you come in here now and so "oops, my bad, but woohoo I'm glad I was wrong" but it doesn't make you any less of a complete w***er for doing it in the first place.

Sure, I see kids who aren't producing anything at the level or make constant mistakes, but I will always look at their age and games experience before opening my mouth to critisise them.

As a general rule, if a midfielder is under 21, kpp under 22-23 and ruck under 24-25 then they are still developing and it is stupidity to start writing them off. You have no idea about the role the player has been given, they aren't fully grown yet and some players take longer than others to adjust to the level required, that is just the way genetics and talent works sometimes.

Have some bloody perspective and don't be so premature about things next time... I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that before.

Sure, I see kids who aren't producing anything at the level or make constant mistakes, but I will always look at their age and games experience before opening my mouth to critisise them.

As a general rule, if a midfielder is under 21, kpp under 22-23 and ruck under 24-25 then they are still developing and it is stupidity to start writing them off. You have no idea about the role the player has been given, they aren't fully grown yet and some players take longer than others to adjust to the level required, that is just the way genetics and talent works sometimes.

Have some bloody perspective and don't be so premature about things next time... I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that before.

Get off your high horse.

By your standards half our senior list is off limits to criticism and I guarantee you some of those players will be cut at the end of the year. So the list management team have no qualms judging some of these kids. If all our key position players were 20 years old and playing like shit, you'd want the club to do something about it, you wouldn't just say "Oh well, they're young hopefully they'll come good". You need the blokes consistently getting senior games to show something to justify it.

Wally didn't start this thread because he wants Vickery to fail. None of us wish failure on any Richmond player, but some of us value the strength of the club above the development of any individual. Wally just wanted to generate some discussion about how Vicks was traveling at the time. Kudos to him for coming back to eat some humble pie.

Lighten up!? Kiss my ass! Anyone who rips into players on our list who are under developed and inexperienced just makes you out to be someone who feels like they need to put people down to make yourself feel tough and important. You started a thread about a 19 year old 200cm ruckman who hadn't even started his 3rd season yet with the specific purpose to write him off completely as an AFL player. Sure you come in here now and so "oops, my bad, but woohoo I'm glad I was wrong" but it doesn't make you any less of a complete w***er for doing it in the first place.

I take my hat of to you Infamy for standing your ground here and making sure that the loud mouth nay sayers towards young TV are fully held to account and are not allowed to backslide into weasel mouthed rationalizations and half arsed apologies...:thumbsu:...

Well said...:thumbsu:...

Get off your high horse.

By your standards half our senior list is off limits to criticism and I guarantee you some of those players will be cut at the end of the year. So the list management team have no qualms judging some of these kids. If all our key position players were 20 years old and playing like shit, you'd want the club to do something about it, you wouldn't just say "Oh well, they're young hopefully they'll come good". You need the blokes consistently getting senior games to show something to justify it.

Wally didn't start this thread because he wants Vickery to fail. None of us wish failure on any Richmond player, but some of us value the strength of the club above the development of any individual. Wally just wanted to generate some discussion about how Vicks was traveling at the time. Kudos to him for coming back to eat some humble pie.

Could not have said it better myself. Its an internet forum and discussion group... how boring would it be if everyone had the same opinion and was not allowed to pass judgement.

This thread was closed down and l asked for it to be re-opened at embarrassment of no one but myself. Its threads like these that makes this forum hilarious... we all make wrong assessments, but its flipping funny when it comes out and smacks you in the face. :D

I laugh at infamy... he's the kinda fella that would still want Aaron Fiona and the Pettifile still on our list... because he's waiting for them to come good. :rolleyes:

Thanks though TT :thumbsu:

Could not have said it better myself. Its an internet forum and discussion group... how boring would it be if everyone had the same opinion and was not allowed to pass judgement.

This thread was closed down and l asked for it to be re-opened at embarrassment of no one but myself. Its threads like these that makes this forum hilarious... we all make wrong assessments, but its flipping funny when it comes out and smacks you in the face. :D

I laugh at infamy... he's the kinda fella that would still want Aaron Fiona and the Pettifile still on our list... because he's waiting for them to come good. :rolleyes:

Thanks though TT :thumbsu:

You arent wrong yet. TV has played a half of 1 good season.
It is encouraging but how many times have we gone off half cocked in the last 20 years?

TV has a way to go, is developing though which is a credit to him, the coaching staff and the club who are finally investing the time in the right areas.

As a general rule, if a midfielder is under 21, kpp under 22-23 and ruck under 24-25 then they are still developing and it is stupidity to start writing them off.
You have no idea about the role the player has been given, they aren't fully grown yet and some players take longer than others to adjust to the level required, that is just the way genetics and talent works sometimes.

Kiss you own ass Derryn Hinch. Who the eff are you? The effin forum ethics commission?

Get your hand off it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take my hat of to you Infamy for standing your ground here and making sure that the loud mouth nay sayers towards young TV are fully held to account and are not allowed to backslide into weasel mouthed rationalizations and half arsed apologies...:thumbsu:...

Well said...:thumbsu:...

I held myself account fool... the thread was closed. I asked for it to be re-opened. How is that actually "half-arsed"?

Where's the blue font princess?

Seeing as people can't post without abusing each other, this thread is closed for a 2nd and final time.
Wally, kudos to you for being a man about it.
And yes, I was one of the TV knockers too.
Abuse won't be tolerated on this board under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back