List Mgmt. Ty Vickery - Tigers decided not to match the deal. Richmond receives Pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will regret this move .

We won't match and we have nothing to replace him with

Watch him shine under a new coach
I dont get this worrying about what players do when they go to other clubs. For us Vickery going is the best thing that can happen for us and for him.
We have not been able to get him to play good consistent footy after 8 whole years it is time to move on regardless of what potential we think he has.
For him it may be the change he badly needs to kick start jhis career.

We hang onto players like vickery all the time we do it too often we hang on and on hoping, when we should be moving players on and being proactive targeting list waeknesses and over loading with the type we lack giving ourselves the very best chance of finding enough quality players in the area.
Vickery is an example of not only hanging on too long but he shows just how little we have done when it comes to talls.

balme just has to sell gill a story that gill can sell to the public and we will get a pick after brisbane's pp

top ten pick that we have put over 100 games of development into during our rebuild, 2nd highest goal scorer at the club over that stretch, plays one of the most important positions in the game, a hard to fill position that we have put a lot of resources in to, well paid fellow, and here come a side that has just won four flags to poach him from us, just as he is entering his prime, to keep themselves up the top and push our heads back under. cmon gill, grease the wheel, pick 20 you slick little shit urchin.

He could always go with "Hawthorn got pick 19 for Franklin and Vickery is about his equal"

He could always go with "Hawthorn got pick 19 for Franklin and Vickery is about his equal"

Or the AFL could Frawley us and make some shit up and give us pick 3

It all depends on what the AFL say they are prepared to give us.

If it is pick 25 + we may as well match it. We have cap space so may as well risk paying Ty an extra 100 k or so a year then basically get shit **** all for him.

Although there is something very "Shakespearian tragedy " about using part of our war chest on keeping Ty at tiger land.

" We searched and far and wide for our big fish only to realise he was right in front of us the whole time."

You have to let him go for pick 25, think that's fair value.

Pick 37 though, no way the club can stand by and let that happen

I will call it now- we will get pick 37 and then complain saying "we didn't know it'd be that low"

This trade period hasn't even started yet and it looks like another standard Richmond performance..

In: Prestia, Pick 37
Go to draft with: 37,43,61

"Happy to get a quality player like Prestia in and still get some good talent in who we targeted at that range with 3 picks"

You have to let him go for pick 25, think that's fair value.

Pick 37 though, no way the club can stand by and let that happen

I will call it now- we will get pick 37 and then complain saying "we didn't know it'd be that low"

This trade period hasn't even started yet and it looks like another standard Richmond performance..

In: Prestia, Pick 37
Go to draft with: 37,43,61

"Happy to get a quality player like Prestia in and still get some good talent in who we targeted at that range with 3 picks"
Pretty sure the club is told exactly what the compo will be before Monday's decision on whether to match or not. (They may already know).

balme just has to sell gill a story that gill can sell to the public and we will get a pick after brisbane's pp

top ten pick that we have put over 100 games of development into during our rebuild, 2nd highest goal scorer at the club over that stretch, plays one of the most important positions in the game, a hard to fill position that we have put a lot of resources in to, well paid fellow, and here come a side that has just won four flags to poach him from us, just as he is entering his prime, to keep themselves up the top and push our heads back under. cmon gill, grease the wheel, pick 20 you slick little shit urchin.

not to mention getting screwed with the yarran trade of which the afl knew the history of the player...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the club is told exactly what the compo will be before Monday's decision on whether to match or not. (They may already know).

It's harsh if they don't know. Not only had I heard in the past that they don't know until the end of trade period, but the compensation is a netting across all losses and gains. As such it is very unlikely that we would have anything more than a guide from the AFL.

lol I love the hawthorn people thinking the contract is worth $300,000. This is why I am losing faith in humanity.

He is a restricted free agent meaning he is in the top 25% of the clubs earners. Why would he leave on a lower salary for a smaller contract? I understand the 'fresh start' but Ty is a smart guy he wouldn't take a large pay cut...

Just read on the Hawks board that Ty will draw the number 1 defender and free up Gunston to play on the number 2.

images

We don't have a 2nd rounder this year, we traded it out last year hence our push to get back into the 2nd round this year.

5 FA Picks available are
• 1st round
• end of 1st round
2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

So you saying we can't get the second round compensation due to trading out our second round pick last year? Good point which I didn't consider..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back