Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be one hell of a turn around to go from a one year base contract extension at the last minute to a three or four year extension on good money.

In this case though its likely hawthorn will offer that

Is that why Shultz signed a 2 year offer last time ignoring a bigger contract from Hawthorn after Fremantle delisted him?
In all seriousness is there any word on why it was only a 1 year deal? Anyone know if it was him or the club or wanting just the one year?

In all seriousness is there any word on why it was only a 1 year deal? Anyone know if it was him or the club or wanting just the one year?
I heard it was mix of being bit lost and over whelmed with injury and having twins and needing to find his desire to make footy a full time job, seems to be in a much better place this year.

It's a good question and I see an argument for both. Maybe with his young family and injury issues the unknown made it hard for the club to commit, on the other side Brocky could have been hesitant about committing long term with such a young family.

If he is enjoying himself now I can't see a reason why the club wouldn't commit long term this offseason.

It's a good question and I see an argument for both. Maybe with his young family and injury issues the unknown made it hard for the club to commit, on the other side Brocky could have been hesitant about committing long term with such a young family.

If he is enjoying himself now I can't see a reason why the club wouldn't commit long term this offseason.
I heard it was mix of being bit lost and over whelmed with injury and having twins and needing to find his desire to make footy a full time job, seems to be in a much better place this year.
Thanks, he’s close to my most wanted player this year as someone that’s actually half a chance and who could improve our best 22 without costing the world. Walters signing on for 2 years feels like it puts him in the unlikely basket for Freo which means I hope he re-signs haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he been offered a contract

Both WA clubs would be super keen.

Eagles were keen in his draft year. They dont play out trades through the media like other clubs.

I’m not too sure many clubs play out trades through the media, but the player managers are another thing. They leak like a sieve to the media.

Brockman looks a good prospect, but teams will have to consult their abacus’s before putting in a firm offer. Team balance, money, need, personality etc.

Nah eagles signed up Jaime Cripps for another 2 years so doubt they want someone as young as brockman
Not their style

Didnt Freo just sign a couple of old blokes for 2 years?

Eagles have plenty of others to cut before moving Cripps on. He was one of the fittest players coming through preseason and was setting standards. Then he copped an unfortunate impact injury.

Will be drafting plenty of kids and moving on aging stars.

And trading in young players who may find Perth and greater opportunity attractive. And a mountain of free cap space coming up over the next 2 to 3 years.

Didnt Freo just sign a couple of old blokes for 2 years?

Yes.

Eagles currently have seven players over 30, all of which are best twenty two.

Gaff, Darling, Cripps, McGovern, Shuey, Nic Nat, Hurn.

Freo have five players over 30. Only Fyfe and Walters are best twenty two.

The others in Wilson, Hamling and Colyer will all be gone end of the year so retaining the two best isn't a problem.

He'll be very expensive in trade end of next year but not yet.
Maybe, I just think the club knows what they have and have put in every effort to make this work for him off field with complete buy in from alot of people around the club helping supporting. He's performing already at a high level. Maybe last year was the year to jump and get him on the cheap.

Maybe, I just think the club knows what they have and have put in every effort to make this work for him off field with complete buy in from alot of people around the club helping supporting. He's performing already at a high level. Maybe last year was the year to jump and get him on the cheap.

When Hawthorn offer him a four year contract it will be more believable

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tyler Brockman [Traded to West Coast for #44 and #63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back