News Tyson Stengle rushed to Hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Because cricket is so physically demanding…
It actually is, especially if you're a bowler. Even batting or fielding all day in decent heat. I often had double leg cramps in the middle of the night after bowling 20 odd overs in a day. So yes, it can be physically demanding and mentally demanding.

Yep, Talia's cat spiked his drink
Talia's cat is quite accomplished...

cat-chaufeur-gif.528858

"Attended training": careful choice ;) of words.
Read that he just ran laps at training.

Onlookers said he looked so focused that he barely wavered from the white line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drink spiked? Well I give him the benefit of the doubt but knowing his history I doubt it.

Happy he made a full recovery.

I assume ASADA will pay him a visit? Or don't we do targeted drug testing for past offenders anymore?
what performance enhancing drug are they suggesting he used?

Bear in mind that it was after a match, so Cocaine would be fine by ASADA (who don't actually exist any more. it's Sports Integrity Australia)

So it's perfectly fine for him to play on the weekend? No repercussions?

What if he's just overindulged in booze and was as dehydrated as buggery. Could have just fainted and that would count as unresponsive. He was out of hospital 3 hours later, that would be about the absolute minimum time. Why would he not play on the weekend?

I assume ASADA will pay him a visit? Or don't we do targeted drug testing for past offenders anymore?
Apparently you just have to self report you have a" health" problem and you don't get included in normal testing for illicit recreational drugs, it's treated as a medical management issue instead. Which explains why the AFLs record of positive testing for illicit drugs is so very, very low

He went DUI and driving an unregistered vehicle early in the season

He got busted with Brouch buying coke in the city immediately after our season ended

Then about 4-5 weeks later photos of him sitting in front of a plate of white powder in Port Lincoln were published

That's when it all fell apart
The worst part of the DUI in the unregistered vehicle is he didn't tell the club for 2 days and when he finally had to 'cos the story was getting out he lied about the circumstances. The club then got hammered in the media for "sitting on" the story when they had had to wait for investigations to find out what had really happened. I have to imagine the relationship was pretty strained from that point on.

Apparently you just have to self report you have a" health" problem and you don't get included in normal testing for illicit recreational drugs, it's treated as a medical management issue instead. Which explains why the AFLs record of positive testing for illicit drugs is so very, very low

ASADA don't do out of competition for recreational drugs, needs to be game day. You're getting confused with the the AFL's illicit testing regime, which is totally separate and independent and includes out of competition testing.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tyson Stengle rushed to Hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Back