News Tyson Stengle rushed to Hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst part of the DUI in the unregistered vehicle is he didn't tell the club for 2 days and when he finally had to 'cos the story was getting out he lied about the circumstances. The club then got hammered in the media for "sitting on" the story when they had had to wait for investigations to find out what had really happened.

Oh no, poor AFC, fancy having to deploy your expensive PR team.

The worst part of the DUI in the unregistered vehicle is he didn't tell the club for 2 days and when he finally had to 'cos the story was getting out he lied about the circumstances. The club then got hammered in the media for "sitting on" the story when they had had to wait for investigations to find out what had really happened. I have to imagine the relationship was pretty strained from that point on.
No doubt the off-field damage to the club's internally-perceived reputation would have been a huge strike against his relationship with the AFC.

On-field performance we don't really care about.

No doubt the off-field damage to the club's internally-perceived reputation would have been a huge strike against his relationship with the AFC.

On-field performance we don't really care about.
Yeah, he averages around 2 goals a game these days as a small forward so I'm sure Geelong are just happy to put up with it

but who spiked his drink though??? did he self spike....

I dunno if his drink got spiked at all. Could be cover for him using drugs which he has a history of doing. Very hard to stop being a drug addict.

Why would somebody want to spike his drink? He isn’t a woman and nobody will be harvesting his organs.

What if he's just overindulged in booze and was as dehydrated as buggery. Could have just fainted and that would count as unresponsive. He was out of hospital 3 hours later, that would be about the absolute minimum time. Why would he not play on the weekend?
An AFL footy player who overindulges in booze, fails to hydrate, and has to be taken to hospital should have some penalty. Or am I just pearl clutching? If he wasn't such a good player, would the Cats suspend him for a game or two?

The worst part of the DUI in the unregistered vehicle is he didn't tell the club for 2 days and when he finally had to 'cos the story was getting out he lied about the circumstances. The club then got hammered in the media for "sitting on" the story when they had had to wait for investigations to find out what had really happened. I have to imagine the relationship was pretty strained from that point on.
He moved in with Tex sometime between the end of the season and when the photos from Port Lincoln emerged. I used to see him there occasionally prior to photos being published.

My guess is that's when it went completely pear shaped

He moved in with Tex sometime between the end of the season and when the photos from Port Lincoln emerged. I used to see him there occasionally prior to photos being published.

My guess is that's when it went completely pear shaped
Had he kicked more that 13 goals in 14 games for Adelaide it still might have been a different result

Pardon my lack experience of illicit drugs like many of you on here, but if he had OD’ed on the stimulant cocaine and hence went into hence a hyper excited delirious state with racing heart beat and intensely high blood pressure …. then subsequently became totally non-responsive suggesting his heart may have stopped and/or suffered a stroke/brain damage …. I’m not sure how he could be released after just a few hours. Surely a period of testing and observation would have been required as a minimum?

Sounds more like an opiate overdose set right with a jab of naloxone?

Pardon my lack experience of illicit drugs like many of you on here, but if he had OD’ed on the stimulant cocaine and hence went into hence a hyper excited delirious state with racing heart beat and intensely high blood pressure …. then subsequently became totally non-responsive suggesting his heart may have stopped and/or suffered a stroke/brain damage …. I’m not sure how he could be released after just a few hours. Surely a period of testing and observation would have been required as a minimum?

Sounds more like an opiate overdose set right with a jab of naloxone?
or just excessive amounts of alcohol even, but as you say, definitely not a stimulant

I wonder if Geelong's "culture" and desire to stand by him would be so strong if he hadn't of signed a long term contract a couple of weeks ago?

Not sure why people criticize the club for showing Stengle the door, he had multiple chances and blew them, nobody ever questioned his football ability.

I wonder if Geelong's "culture" and desire to stand by him would be so strong if he hadn't of signed a long term contract a couple of weeks ago?

Not sure why people criticize the club for showing Stengle the door, he had multiple chances and blew them, nobody ever questioned his football ability.
Will be interesting if there is any clauses in that contract in regards to this latest incident.:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I generally skew pretty negative on the club, that will happen when we lurch continuously from one **** up to another with no premiership to show for it. But the whole Stengle debacle doesn’t bother me funnily enough. Had his chances, blew them. Both parties moved on.

It actually is, especially if you're a bowler. Even batting or fielding all day in decent heat. I often had double leg cramps in the middle of the night after bowling 20 odd overs in a day. So yes, it can be physically demanding and mentally demanding.
I was just taking the piss lovey. 😜

I generally skew pretty negative on the club, that will happen when we lurch continuously from one **** up to another with no premiership to show for it. But the whole Stengle debacle doesn’t bother me funnily enough. Had his chances, blew them. Both parties moved on.
Probably be a different story if his form wasn’t what it is, just like Richmond moved him on.
Form covers a lot of things.

They're good at keeping things on the downlow in Geelong.

Crom would've thrown him straight under the bus.
Bullsh*t. He had multiple chances at the Crows and f*cked them all up. The only reason he's been on the straight and narrow down at the Cats until now, was that Eddie Betts took him under his wing. I don't know if Betts is still there as he's been at the Western Bulldogs doing kicking drills recently, but it may explain why the wheels have come off again.

Bullsh*t. He had multiple chances at the Crows and f*cked them all up. The only reason he's been on the straight and narrow down at the Cats until now, was that Eddie Betts took him under his wing. I don't know if Betts is still there as he's been at the Western Bulldogs doing kicking drills recently, but it may explain why the wheels have come off again.
He hasn’t been on the straight and narrow until now. He’s just been performing on field

An AFL footy player who overindulges in booze, fails to hydrate, and has to be taken to hospital should have some penalty. Or am I just pearl clutching? If he wasn't such a good player, would the Cats suspend him for a game or two?

Penalty makes no sense to me unless you absolutely know he's broken rules. Like Tex when he had a beer at the footy or Bernie running around a pool table in his boxers.

Those examples are nothing the same as becoming unconscious in a nightclub at 2 a.m. in the morning.

And yet our club publicly penalised those players. The standards that our average supporter expects in terms of punishment is way off base because they've supported idiotic punishments of ours in the past. Stengle had a very long day, including playing a game of AFL and flying back from Tassie. Stupidly went out, drank way too much and conked out. Was found asleep/passed out, woken up, taken to hospital and released after only a couple of hours rehydrating. He then trained the following day. People thirst to see others punished for hurting nobody but themselves is one of the more disappointing aspects of humanity. Reminds me of the cheering for people losing their jobs if they didn't want to take a vaccination that protected only themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tyson Stengle rushed to Hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Back