Confirmed Tyson Stengle [signs 5 year deal with trigger for 6th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't he supposed to be sick of Geelong and solely wanting to go to the highest bidder? Meedya had a mare again I'm afraid.

According to the ‘experts’ Stengle and Holmes have already left to the highest bidder.

won't happen. he loves it here, perfect situation and will get paid.

giphy.gif

Nothing like the threat of playing for saints to get someone to sign a contract

Interesting that the noise went from ‘leaving for the money’ to ‘staying for less’ right around the time Tyson met with Ross Lyon…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The average salary in 2027 which is the middle year of the contract is going to be $519k. So he's only going to be paid 35% above average. Probably the 10-12 best paid player on the list which feels like good business as long as his form remains even close to the current level.

The (incorrect) rumours were the saints were actually offering much more than that
Yeah more than one "journo" reported offers in the $1M per year range.
Once Stengle met with RTB it only put more fuel to the flame.

I guess that's why Cats felt confident he wasn't leaving. The money difference was nothing so then it came down to lifestyle/coaches/team mates etc.

Tyson spoke in his post game interview about how much coaching staff and mentorship at Geelong went a looonng way into him re-signing. Think that's an underrated asset here on BF and places like r/AFL. Geelong is a well oiled machine, the culture and front office are renown throughout the business as a league leader for a reason.

Is there any source for the sixth year trigger? Everything I've read just says the deal is until 2029. Only curious because as far as I can remember Geelong hasn't done any contracts longer than five years before.
I have seen nothing from the club that suggests anything about a 6th year trigger.
I keep all the player contract articles from the club for all contracted players and ive never seen at GFC the "6th year option on a 5 year deal" be mentioned.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back