Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe because he is contracted until the end of next year and no chance he could do anything else
lets see what happens this time next year when North , Saints , Hawks , Crows , Eagles all with bulging wallets come calling
I'll see you before finals when Weitering announces he's re signed til 2030.

Anyway this thread is about Stengle.

LOl yep probably accounting for TDK / Wietering leaving
Think we'll be fine for cap space even after signing TDK and Weitering.

Stengle would be a huge upgrade on any of our small forwards and given how injury prone some of our players are replacing them with draftees on less coin and a quality Free agent would be a win win for us.

I said it at the start of the year that I think he only leaves if Geelong miss finals, that's looking less likely now so I think he stays.

We have potentially about 5-7 guys finishing up end of the year.
We are not hurting for money, hence the Bailey Smith interest.

I think he’ll be on similar to Hayward, maybe a couple more incentives with bonuses like making AA teams.
It won't free up as much cash as you probably think as they all would have played unders

I'm not saying he will go but the budget you had for Holmes and Stengle has blown out a bit .
Like I say will be interesting to see how you play this out with him

He is wanting big $$$$ for a small forward and a long contract . Fair whack more than the Cats budgeted for .
Most likely stays but will be interesting to see how the Cats play it .

I think geelong want to keep stengle (and bottom line we can afford 1mil a year with all our retirements) but our priority is elite mids plus kpf to replace hawkins. We have small forwards in reserve like mannagh so i wouldnt be surprised if we let him go if someone else is offering him band 1 cash.

HS and the Midweek tackle reporting 850k and 800k as the number clubs think it would take to get Stengle out of the Cattery.

I agree. I think anything up to 800 over 4 or 5 years we will happily pay. Beyond that is where we likely pull out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think geelong want to keep stengle (and bottom line we can afford 1mil a year with all our retirements) but our priority is elite mids plus kpf to replace hawkins. We have small forwards in reserve like mannagh so i wouldnt be surprised if we let him go if someone else is offering him band 1 cash.
I don’t want Stengel to go but if he decides to we should maximise the value like the Tim Kelly trade where the Eagles traded Picks 14, 24, 37 and future first round pick. Would be pretty handy to have a stab at a couple of elite mids or a kpf

I don’t want Stengel to go but if he decides to we should maximise the value like the Tim Kelly trade where the Eagles traded Picks 14, 24, 37 and future first round pick. Would be pretty handy to have a stab at a couple of elite mids or a kpf

Hes a UFA so we would get a compo pick only.

Hes a UFA so we would get a compo pick only.

And if he leaves there's no way he's leaving for under Band 1 compo.
Dude would have to be getting paid a **** tonne to walk as he's in a really good situation.

As said many times, Cats have the money and the role for him.
If he's leaving its to go to a Melbourne club.

I don't like Geelong, but it would be a massive mistake for him to leave clearly the people there & the environment have got the best out of him there.

But it's also a balancing act because the Cats probably didn't expect to want to pay him the sort of money he is commanding, he also shouldn't sign on for peanuts.

Dude would have to be getting paid a **** tonne to walk as he's in a really good situation.

If he's set on living in Melbourne though, it's not necessarily purely the money that's the driver.

So I can see a situation where he goes for band 2 compo.

Can't blame him to go after a massive deal.. He hasn't been paid hos worth for a while.. I don't see how to blues could afford him...

Think we'll be fine for cap space even after signing TDK and Weitering.

Stengle would be a huge upgrade on any of our small forwards and given how injury prone some of our players are replacing them with draftees on less coin and a quality Free agent would be a win win for us.

I said it at the start of the year that I think he only leaves if Geelong miss finals, that's looking less likely now so I think he stays.

Dont think it matters if Cats make finals or not.

The recent comment from his manager tells the story. "He's feeling isolated living out at Geelong" I believe was the comment. Stays several nights in Melbourne at Eddie's place.

A Melbourne club offers him $150 to $200k pa more than Geelong its a no brainer. Kid stuffed up earlier when on rookie wages. Needs to cash in with this last big contract.

Carlton or Essendon is my call.

Note the threshold for band 1 will be going up with the cap. Unlikely 850k reported is band one anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back