Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Alot of ifs or buts there

Mannagh a starting player in most top 8 clubs ? Really the guy has not even played a game and could be just a VFL player that doesnt step up or is just average at the higher level and completely unproven

Bruhn & Clarke have just been average and nothing special with just cameo appearances to date with the senior group there what happens when they are gone and the opposition best mids are on them there are no guarantee's either actually become more than just capable.

When you have a proven gun small foward you dont let him walk out the door for $100k-$150k to get a pick in the 30's
you want to build on your talent not let them go cheaply

Unless OfCourse there are other issues there

You missed my point entirely.

Which is that small forward is the strongest area of our list and we have other areas we need to spend the cap on more.
Now we can keep stengle and still do that but i can see why geelong are not rushing to offer him huge $.

Which is that small forward is the strongest area of our list and we have other areas we need to spend the cap on more.
Now we can keep stengle and still do that but i can see why geelong are not rushing to offer him huge $.
Stengle is your best small foward and possibly your best foward with the way the foward line is performing
You dont let players like Stengle leave to keep players like Bowes on the list.

Stengle is only 25 and possibly 8 years left

Alot of ifs or buts there

Mannagh a starting player in most top 8 clubs ? Really the guy has not even played a game and could be just a VFL player that doesnt step up or is just average at the higher level and completely unproven

Bruhn & Clarke have just been average and nothing special with just cameo appearances to date with the senior group there what happens when they are gone and the opposition best mids are on them there are no guarantee's either actually become more than just capable.

When you have a proven gun small foward you dont let him walk out the door for $100k-$150k to get a pick in the 30's
you want to build on your talent not let them go cheaply

Unless OfCourse there are other issues there
Largely a technical point here but Mannagh has played and he was alright. If we didn't have him I'd be pearl clutching about Stengle but structurally we'll be fine.

Stengle is your best small foward and possibly your best foward with the way the foward line is performing
You dont let players like Stengle leave to keep players like Bowes on the list.

Stengle is only 25 and possibly 8 years left

Huh? Bowes is already contracted til 2026 and plays a completely different role so theres no comparison there.

The issue is more whether we spend a lot of cap $on small forwards or whether we invest more of those $ in top line mids and getting a quality key forward (like we did with cameron) to replace hawkins.

Also we arent letting stengle leave hes a UFA so its his call.

I would be stunned if he left Geelong. Without Geelong he might not have even had an afl career in the first place.

I'm sure we'd love to keep Stengle and would offer him a fair contract....but if someone else wants to lure him away with massive overs, then it's probably unlikely we would match. There's more critical needs for our list (midfield, another KPF) to spend that sort of money on.

I assume opposition fans are semi-trolling, since I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand.

Yep. It was you or us and he chose well
Pies actually had a handshake agreement with him before he pulled out last minute and joined the Cats. Uncle was involved in those talks and was quite shocked when he did a U-turn on them.

Either way Stengle would have found a home somewhere, surprised he's been as sensational as he has been since returning though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies actually had a handshake agreement with him before he pulled out last minute and joined the Cats. Uncle was involved in those talks and was quite shocked when he did a U-turn on them.

Either way Stengle would have found a home somewhere, surprised he's been as sensational as he has been since returning though.
Why were you surprised how sensational he has been since returning?

First year back in the league and he kicked 53 goals, made the AA team and won the premiership. Doubt anyone thought he was going to have that level of impact when he got picked up by the Cats in 22.
No one did, that whole flag was built off guys the Cats picked up with rookie picks, free agents swings and late picks.

Jeez that's a lot for a small forward. Not sure we can sink that into him when we need to add mids.

Then again it feels like he's the only thing holding the forward line together
I will bite...

I think Stengle will Say in Geelong at $3.5 million over 5 years. So $700,000 a year. But I reckon it will be Front ended.

$900,000 for years one and 2.

$700,000 a year for year 3.

$500,000 a year for years 4 and 5.

He will be 30 or 31 when the 5 year deal is done.

Some will think $900,000 a year for him is a bit steep. But once year 3 kicks in, he is still gonna kick 40-60 goals a season.

I will bite...

I think Stengle will Say in Geelong at $3.5 million over 5 years. So $700,000 a year. But I reckon it will be Front ended.

$900,000 for years one and 2.

$700,000 a year for year 3.

$500,000 a year for years 4 and 5.

He will be 30 or 31 when the 5 year deal is done.

Some will think $900,000 a year for him is a bit steep. But once year 3 kicks in, he is still gonna kick 40-60 goals a season.

Actually I will change it a small bit... I say $3 million over 5 years.

$700,000 for years one and 2.

$600,000 for year 3

$500,000 for years 4 and 5.

Then again $700,000 a year for 5 years seems fair if you are a cats fan.

Even though the Salary cap in 2024 is 17 million and goes up to 17.7 million dollars in 2025, paying $800,000 a year for a decent small forward is a lot, Even though he is a proven performer.

Actually I will change it a small bit... I say $3 million over 5 years.

$700,000 for years one and 2.

$600,000 for year 3

$500,000 for years 4 and 5.

Then again $700,000 a year for 5 years seems fair if you are a cats fan.

Even though the Salary cap in 2024 is 17 million and goes up to 17.7 million dollars in 2025, paying $800,000 a year for a decent small forward is a lot, Even though he is a proven performer.
Nah he will get more than $700k x 5

Most important footy year of his life you'd reckon. Plays close to the level of his AA year and he'll field some gigantic offers in length and amount.

Of course, may decide to just stay with Geelong who gave him a lifeline but he'll probably turn down a fair bit of money to do so.
Brad Scott, and Robert Foster Night,met with Mr Tyson Stengle last night also accompanied by Zach Merret at a lovely restaurant in Moonie Pond's
Both myself, and Husband witnessed this aswell as 4 other patrons
Aswell as another Tall man in a suit
Mr Stengle looked to be sitting with a blonde headed lady who was going over some details written down with Adrian
All seemed smiles and a very delicious assortment of food infront of all
I was a bit embarrassed and very stuck struck as my husband Ronnie had to explain to me who they all were
It would appear they all know one another....

Brad Scott, and Robert Foster Night,met with Mr Tyson Stengle last night also accompanied by Zach Merret at a lovely restaurant in Moonie Pond's
Both myself, and Husband witnessed this aswell as 4 other patrons
Aswell as another Tall man in a suit
Mr Stengle looked to be sitting with a blonde headed lady who was going over some details written down with Adrian
All seemed smiles and a very delicious assortment of food infront of all
I was a bit embarrassed and very stuck struck as my husband Ronnie had to explain to me who they all were
It would appear they all know one another....

So if Essendon back up a dump truck of money for him in the $1M per year range (no way he's walking for less money than 800k), we get a 1st round compo pick correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back