Preliminary Final

30/08/2008

Alec Gillon Oval

11.30am

Grand Final

7/08/2008

St Bernards College

11.30am

What happened to no home ground advantage.... or do they think the NOBS can't make it to the prelims????

Finals Venue

U19 North (2)
1st Semi Final
23/08/2008
Trinity Playing Fields
11.30am
2nd Semi Final
23/08/2008
Trinity Playing Fields
2.15pm
Preliminary Final
30/08/2008
Alec Gillon Oval
11.30am
Grand Final
7/08/2008
St Bernards College
11.30am

What's the deal with having 3 weeks of finals when it's only the top 4? I thought there was just semi's then the granny. Somehow i don't think the Gillon would be used if that's the case.

That wasn't a biased comment, i just dont know why the Gillon would be used, no matter who plays there. Does it not make sense to anyone else? 4 teams in finals but still 3 weeks of finals............ Its got me baffled!

The reason for 3 weeks of finals is the top 2 sides get a second chance... that would mean 3 weeks of finals

Dont think VAFA HQ cares about giving a team an advantage its just about trying to find quality grounds.

Last year Stbernards made finals and if they had of gone beyond week 1 of the finals they would have had a home prelim and Gf

Answer to your question I think is at the "Whick" ona friday night rumor has it. Then the gf is played on a satday afternoon.
NOBS to beat Therry in what is bound to be a thriller might have to even go awtch this one.
Aquinas over Bernards: class will rise to the top
Rupo over OG's does any one really care!!!
Xavs over Reds cant see the reds getting within 15goals of xavier
Ivanhoe over Emmaus they will bounce back in a very hard fought contest.

Time will tell, bet you said the same last week re: NOBS

Only to find they had kicked one goal to 3/4 time to Fitzroy's 7.

Its completely understandable to tip Xav's, but i think it should be a lot closer than 15 goals.

Good luck for the weekend

Dont think VAFA HQ cares about giving a team an advantage its just about trying to find quality grounds.

Last year Stbernards made finals and if they had of gone beyond week 1 of the finals they would have had a home prelim and Gf

If VAFA HQ want to use quality grounds then why dont we use sandy or punt rd or ne of the other VFL or TAC Cup grounds... If NOBS do make it to the prelim (which i doubt) VAFA would have to change the ground

Answer to your question I think is at the "Whick" ona friday night rumor has it. Then the gf is played on a satday afternoon.
NOBS to beat Therry in what is bound to be a thriller might have to even go awtch this one.
Aquinas over Bernards: class will rise to the top
Rupo over OG's does any one really care!!!
Xavs over Reds cant see the reds getting within 15goals of xavier
Ivanhoe over Emmaus they will bounce back in a very hard fought contest.

OK. Tips for this week:

Therry only scraped home last week against St Leos, where as NOBS lost to Fitzroy. It's really a case of who can recover best. Have to go with Therry at home, 2 goals
Aquinas have got some quality players back from the relegation bound seniors, and will be looking to stamp their authority on the competition once again, however St B's have been in great form and are always hard to beat at the Snake Pit. I'm going with St Bernards to cause an upset, by 3 points
Agree that the Rupo/OG's game means little. OGs are hopeless at the moment, can't tip em here. Rupo by 28
Xav's are in hot form themselves, and should have no problems with the Reds, however, this could be a danger game with Fitzroy coming off their first win. That being said, won't be tipping for Fitzroy! Xav's by 8 goals.
Ivanhoe would be dissapointed with their recent results, and will be glad to take on lowly Emmaus. Emmaus were oh-so-close against Therry, and their hardness will make this a good contest, however the home ground advantage will be enough to get Ivanhoe over the line. Ivanhoe by 5 goals.

Any results from today?

NOBS got home in a hard fought win. Therry took it up to us all day, but i think in the end, the cream rose to the top. Will definitely make the next 2 weeks very interesting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any results from today?

NOBS got home in a hard fought win. Therry took it up to us all day, but i think in the end, the cream rose to the top. Will definitely make the next 2 weeks very interesting!

Results today have given Rupo a sniff. Plenty riding on next week's game against NOBs. Players to come back. Should be a pretty competitive 22 next week. Go Rupo.

Results today have given Rupo a sniff. Plenty riding on next week's game against NOBs. Players to come back. Should be a pretty competitive 22 next week. Go Rupo.

Likewise, we still have 4 boys to still come back. If anyone has a sniff it'll be us. What happened with St. Bernard's? They are really finding some form!

Likewise, we still have 4 boys to still come back. If anyone has a sniff it'll be us. What happened with St. Bernard's? They are really finding some form!

yeh alot of players have returned from injury in the 1s so that has pushed players down. the team is really starting to get to know each other and play for each other, its a shame all this happened a bit late in the season. it was a very good game of footy at the pit, high scoring and very physical, a walk in the park for aquinas!

geez harvestar's coppin it, but no one seems to think robbo's making excuses, despite the fact he clearly said his team had players to come back in the first place.

Mate our club doesn't have the luxury of 2 unders teams, so we work with what we have. Is the finals tension getting to you already?

not at all not at all... not even thinking bout finals yet... we will have no more than 30 players been able to play finals u moron

geez harvestar's coppin it, but no one seems to think robbo's making excuses, despite the fact he clearly said his team had players to come back in the first place.

the reason y robbo's not coppin it is for reasons

1. its not fun anymore

2. his not worth it

Good point Steviej20. I'm happy to cop a bit of flak too.

Harvs, Don't get sucked in. I don't think MUF is too bad. Just likes to increase the intensity of the debate by being controversial and abusive. I'm sure he's ok underneath it all. However steer clear of Bomber Bill, he's a pyschopath who refuses to take his medicine.

Now back to more important things. I expect the Rupo 2 to have quality all the way to the bench this week. That's why I'm excited about this match. Will be the strongest team for the year. What about NOBs?

Haha thanks for the words of wisdom. I don't mind a bit of friction on this, makes it more interesting. As for bomberbill, i think he is still a bit sour after the defeat yesterday....

I don't want to say too much Robbo, otherwise i might be open to all sorts of criticism but i will say that i reckon this'll be a cracker of a game, with both sides fielding full or close enough to full sides. May the better team win.....

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back