U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

any 1 of the 9 players that therry had out due either being in the senior team or unavailability would have made the difference on saturday - this might sound a touch arrogant but with 1 harder older body against ivanhoe instead of the 16y/o boys in the middle for therry would have had ivanhoe beaten as the whole game was played "going with one hand"
Hey guys, assuming some if not all of you play U19's, whats your thoughts on playing seniors versus U19's? If you have a read of the D2 thread, you'll see there's a little lovers tiff happening between Werribee and OW about an U19s coach that would or wouldn't let his boys play in the seniors if good enough. One of the arguments is that some of the U19s only want to play with their mates in the U19s while others really strive to play senior footy. What's the general feeling out there, would you rather play seniors if they think you're good enough or prefer to play with your mates in the U19's??
Oh and Robbo, Old Ivanhoe still haven't been admitted into North 2.

Rupo had a very lucky win on Saturday. One quarter of good footy doesn't normally win you a game of football but it does against a bottom side. They are the facts Ratpit.

In a perfect world we wouldn't be playing St Bs again but we'd have another crack at Fitzroy Reds. My point concerned a fixture where teams play each other twice. It's clear that this is not a normal fixture. Old Ivanhoe and NOBs benefit from the fixture and their results will have to be discounted when judging their seasons.

my point is that bernards are not playing like a bottom side and have pushed 2 finals "contenders" to the finish. the side is only going to get better and will cause upsets to some of the more fancied sides. there is some big ins to the ones this week so that is going to push some players into the twos. should've won last week and i think they will win this week.

my point is that bernards are not playing like a bottom side and have pushed 2 finals "contenders" to the finish. the side is only going to get better and will cause upsets to some of the more fancied sides. there is some big ins to the ones this week so that is going to push some players into the twos. should've won last week and i think they will win this week.

Come on mate lets not get ahead of ourselves. You having a laugh?

Approaching the business end of the season with 5 teams locked on 6 wins each vying for positions 3 and 4 on the ladder to get a gig in the finals. These 5 teams must be at their best if they want to be there in September. My tips for this week?
Aquinas to beat Fitzroy Reds - No brainer
Emmaus to beat OGs - Emmaus is a team who should have won more games than they have, should be too strong for OGs over the University holiday period.
Ivanhoe to beat Rupertswood - Only seen Ivanhoe play once but they seem to keep beating teams, tipping will be too strong for the young Rupo team.
NOBS to beat St Bernards - With a great number of NOBs players being from the country studying in Melbourne they will be undermanned over the holiday period, however, they should still be too strong for Bernards.
Old Xavs to beat Therry Penola - Should be a close game, difficult game to pick given the unpredictability of the league. Must win game for both teams, however, I'm tipping Xavs to regain some of the form they demonstrated earlier in the season.

Approaching the business end of the season with 5 teams locked on 6 wins each vying for positions 3 and 4 on the ladder to get a gig in the finals. These 5 teams must be at their best if they want to be there in September. My tips for this week?
Aquinas to beat Fitzroy Reds - No brainer
Emmaus to beat OGs - Emmaus is a team who should have won more games than they have, should be too strong for OGs over the University holiday period.
Ivanhoe to beat Rupertswood - Only seen Ivanhoe play once but they seem to keep beating teams, tipping will be too strong for the young Rupo team.
NOBS to beat St Bernards - With a great number of NOBs players being from the country studying in Melbourne they will be undermanned over the holiday period, however, they should still be too strong for Bernards.
Old Xavs to beat Therry Penola - Should be a close game, difficult game to pick given the unpredictability of the league. Must win game for both teams, however, I'm tipping Xavs to regain some of the form they demonstrated earlier in the season.

Tips this week:

Aquinas by 65 over Fitzroy
Emmaus by 24 over OGs
Ivanhoe by 40 over Rupo
NOBS by 15 over St Bs
Therry by 4 points over Old Xavs - clearly match of the round, and Therry will be keen to make up for a dissapointing effort after looking the goods early last week.

If St B's do cause an upset as Ratpit clearly thinks they're capable of, and Emmaus knocks off Old Geelong, the race to the finals is going to get very interesting with the only easy game against the hapless Reds.

Can Rupo beat Ivanhoe?

Would have to be a big improvement on last week. Very flat performance.

Ivanhoe certainly didn't play like a eight/three team last time we met. Rupo controlled the game all day.

We have lost four players to the big league [three voted in the best and two managed nine of the twelve goals in the last game]. Managed to replace some of the goalkicking but lack of a dominant big man hurt us against Leos and NOBs.

Ivanhoe should be confident of a win. Rupo has a chance if it starts well. I'm tipping Rupo by a goal.

from what i saw last weekend, also being in attendance at this match, the aquinas boys put in a strong perfomance last week against Nobs, finishing with only 17 fit players, and one on the ground injured. The match was balanced untill the start of the 4th quarter, and the margin was blown out to over 50 points. i really cant see how NOBS were on top in the game at all to be honest. However, i did notice #44 (lance franklin look alike) as a new addition from the first time the two teams met.

this week they come up against fitzroy, with several key outs, and mostly likely one or 2 only on the bench again.

i still think that there will be a comfortable win for the bloods this week, however, dont underestimate the reds to come out playing hard to try and earn some respect from the competition.

and the earlier comments about avers ability are largely unfair, any forward can have their off day, and, given that the bloods were still able to kick 16 goals against NOBS shows that aver is not just the one man forward line. I also distinctly remember aver kicking a bag in the first match against NOBS also??

from what i saw last weekend, also being in attendance at this match, the aquinas boys put in a strong perfomance last week against Nobs, finishing with only 17 fit players, and one on the ground injured. The match was balanced untill the start of the 4th quarter, and the margin was blown out to over 50 points. i really cant see how NOBS were on top in the game at all to be honest. However, i did notice #44 (lance franklin look alike) as a new addition from the first time the two teams met.

this week they come up against fitzroy, with several key outs, and mostly likely one or 2 only on the bench again.

i still think that there will be a comfortable win for the bloods this week, however, dont underestimate the reds to come out playing hard to try and earn some respect from the competition.

and the earlier comments about avers ability are largely unfair, any forward can have their off day, and, given that the bloods were still able to kick 16 goals against NOBS shows that aver is not just the one man forward line. I also distinctly remember aver kicking a bag in the first match against NOBS also??

Absolutely mate, i couldn't agree with you more, i later pointed out that you guys can still turn it on when Aver doesn't have a big impact, its a credit to you. In reference to the last game, we did only have 16 players, in which 3 were injured by half time. Not making excuses but cut us a bit of slack......

As for the no. 44, you have got me absolutely stumped......... The bloke that i thought was wearing 44, doesn't look like Buddy. Ill have to do some investigation work!

tips

aquinas to smash reds. pretty obvious

geelong just over leos. dont think leos will be good enough

ivanhoe comfortably accounting for rupo. important game to determine the final four

bernards over nobs. good side named for bernards

xavs to get back into form. also important game for finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips:
Aquinas by 100+ no need for comment
Leos by 24 geelong still hurting during uni holidays
ivanhoe by 40 losing the blokes to the premier team will hurt
bernards by 9 danger game for nobs
therry by 15 a couple of important tough blokes back

HHAHHAHAHA go beranrds!!!!!! Bring on finals BABy. got heaps of inclusions an with the two kavanagh boys over seas this team is set for finals!!!!

I did state that. I'm not going to sugar coat it, we played terribly, Bernards were better on the day. It may sound like sour grapes, but our full side would send those boys back to school if there was a re-match.

Rupo couldn't go with Ivanhoe today. The game was pretty tight for 40 minutes but Ivanhoe's burst before half-time sealed the game. The third quarter was one sided also. Made a number of positional changes at 3/4 time and played a decent last quarter but two and a bit quarters of contested footy is never good enough against a top team. Ivanhoe has improved a hell of a lot since the last time we played. The undisciplined acts were gone [12 was sent off three times for language the last time we played, today he played a big part in the win as a key forward and ruckman]. Also played with a plan today which wasn't apparent the last time we met. It would be nice to have the luxury of a team that could play together all of the time. Not sure if they can beat Aquinas but it'll be a good contest.
It was great to be at the ground at 8.30am! Thanks to whoever thought that was a good idea.
Interesting aside. 5 of the guys playing in the last game strutted their stuff with the premier boys today in its good win against Marcellin. The ruckman was pretty handy [we got smashed in the ruck contests against Ivanhoe] and the goalkickers got a couple each. Playing as the second team is never easy and actually gets more difficult as the season goes on.

Ratpit,

Congratulations to the boys for yesterday's win. Must have been great to get over the line.

Thanks also. I thought Rupo's season was over until I saw the results last night. Six games to go and we play 5 really tough but winnable games[the Aquinas game is not included]. I'm not sure we're playing well enough to win 5 out of six games so I'd like Bernards to keep winning.

Saw the great Simon Madden out at Marcellin yesterday. We were team mates once.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back