U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

my point is that bernards are not playing like a bottom side and have pushed 2 finals "contenders" to the finish. the side is only going to get better and will cause upsets to some of the more fancied sides. there is some big ins to the ones this week so that is going to push some players into the twos. should've won last week and i think they will win this week.

We never thought it was going to be a walk over, not sure why you thought tipping them was funny, after your comments above......

In reference to the last game, we did only have 16 players, in which 3 were injured by half time. Not making excuses but cut us a bit of slack......

As for the no. 44, you have got me absolutely stumped......... The bloke that i thought was wearing 44, doesn't look like Buddy. Ill have to do some investigation work!

ill cut you that slack, i do remember that u were short yes. that game was about round 2 aswell, and i dont think many sides were playing to their full potential. #44 is the tall dark (maybe islander?) bloke who played up forward in the third and kicked 3 early. investigate away.

The bloods looked unstoppable against fitzroy, with a generally second string back 6 giving up only 12 scoring shots (2 rushed) and 4 goals. the midfield was superb again and showed the talent that has got the side to where it is. and the forwards, led by aver with 6, shared the goals around to kick 20 between the 4 of them.

looks to be a tough old time for the OG boys this week at the blood bath.

Just sending a shout out to fitzroy reds. In a ulgy loss to us on Saturday, the reds remained gallent in defeat, and continued to stick to their game plan. great blokes down there good luck for the rest of the season!

Stick

good prediction mate lol. therry in a 170 point turnaround from last time.

Where has Therry's improvement come from? Or were Xavs just terrible?

Looking at the fixture, Therry has a very good chance of securing a finals berth. While Xav's are on the way out IMO. How long before OG's and NOBS have full strength sides back on the track?

With St Bernards and ESL both winning on the weekend, how even is this comp? Take out Aquinas and Fitzroy and anyone can beat anyone at the moment.

Looking at the fixture, Therry has a very good chance of securing a finals berth. While Xav's are on the way out IMO. How long before OG's and NOBS have full strength sides back on the track?

With St Bernards and ESL both winning on the weekend, how even is this comp? Take out Aquinas and Fitzroy and anyone can beat anyone at the moment.

Good point you make R.A.S. This comp is very even. The last 6 weeks are going to be very interesting, the finals door is still ajar for a lot of sides.

I will be looking for NOBS and OG's to be able to field a full strength side in another fornight or so. It's hard to say at this point in time.

NOBs will have 3 more games fielding understrength teams. Going to make it very difficult for them if they wish to partake in some September action.

Tips this week?
NOBS v ESL. NOBS desperately need a win to keep their season alive and hopefully will get across the line in a tight one with one or two key players back.
Bernards v Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe to account easily for Bernards despite their recent resurgence.
Rupo v Xavs. Rupo at home in a close one after some spite in their previous clash.
Aquinus v OGs. No brainer.Understrength OGs to cop a hiding.
Therry v Reds. Margin to exceed 100 points.

The early games don't treat Ivanhoe well, to many of the boys get out on a friday night...
This is backed up by Ivanhoe's first quarters, looking closely Ivanhoe kicks it up a notch after quartertime in every match.
Flagging it early, looking forward to the round 17 clash between Ivanhoe and Aquinas, expect Ivanhoe to put up a better show than last time and to cause an upset.

My Tips this week :
NOBS v Emmaus. - NOBS should just scrape home
Bernards v Ivanhoe. - Ivanhoe to be to strong
Rupo v Xavs. - Rupo at home, wonder if there'll be another melee?
Aquinas v OGs. - Old geelong might push this closer than some think
Therry v Reds. - Therry will be to strong

The early games don't treat Ivanhoe well, to many of the boys get out on a friday night...
This is backed up by Ivanhoe's first quarters, looking closely Ivanhoe kicks it up a notch after quartertime in every match.
Flagging it early, looking forward to the round 17 clash between Ivanhoe and Aquinas, expect Ivanhoe to put up a better show than last time and to cause an upset.

My Tips this week :

OK, tips this week.

ESL to account for NOBS by 2 goals. Can't pick NOBS during the holidays...
Ivanhoe over St Bernards by 5 goals, but would love to see St B's push them all the way.
Rupo to proove that Xav's are past it and knock them out of the four, by 4 goals
Aquinas to thump OG's, OG's are in the same position as NOBS, and Aquinas won by sh*tloads last week, can't see OG's getting anywhere near them.
Therry to have a day out over the Reds, 15 goal winners.

Lets hope the Ivanhoe boys have a big one on Friday night and forget to show up. Real professional by them...

That seemed to be a trend for a few weeks there. Last Saturday though Ivanhoe were leading 26 to 16 at quarter time. Personally, I don't think the 9.20 start helps any of the sides. The average 18 yo would rather get out of bed at 1pm.

My Tips this week :

NOBS v Emmaus - Emmaus in a tight one, NOBS seem to have lost some form
Bernards v Ivanhoe - Ivanhoe to storm home late considering its an early game
Rupo v Xavs - A must win for both teams to keep finals hopes alive. Wouldn't surpise me to see another melee especially if Rupo's trainer and 50 year old water boy have anything to do with it. Xavs by less than a kick
Aquinas v OGs - Aquinas should be too strong considering its the holiday period
Therry v Reds - Pick ur margin!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seemed to be a trend for a few weeks there. Last Saturday though Ivanhoe were leading 26 to 16 at quarter time. Personally, I don't think the 9.20 start helps any of the sides. The average 18 yo would rather get out of bed at 1pm.

i personally like the 9.20 starts
nobs
bernards
rupo
aquinas
therry

therry has come a long way since the early season thumping by xavs and geelong, but at the same time i think xavs have lost a few players up.

very even comp, and the fight for 3rd and 4th spot will be a close one.

quite a poor performance on the weekend for old geelong to not be able to field a team..
must have some serious issues down there coming into the business end of the season

quite a poor performance on the weekend for old geelong to not be able to field a team..
must have some serious issues down there coming into the business end of the season

Is that right? I looked on the VAFA site and noticed there was no scores, not good at all. Thank our depleted side is taking them on next week. Could be a very good battle!

Is that right? I looked on the VAFA site and noticed there was no scores, not good at all. Thank our depleted side is taking them on next week. Could be a very good battle!

Major disappointment, but give them credit. OG's managed to avoid an Aquinas thumping...

Rat Pit, what happened with the draw?? Who scored last to tie it up? Thats a massive effort from the St Bernards group. What's with the 19 behinds though...

Fair play to Old Xav's aswell. Keeps the finals race nice and interesting.

I think I only got 1 tip this week, shocker.

Major disappointment, but give them credit. OG's managed to avoid an Aquinas thumping...

Rat Pit, what happened with the draw?? Who scored last to tie it up? Thats a massive effort from the St Bernards group. What's with the 19 behinds though...

Fair play to Old Xav's aswell. Keeps the finals race nice and interesting.

I think I only got 1 tip this week, shocker.

bad kicking and missed opportunities would explain the 19 behinds. ivanhoes captain scored the last behind of the day, running into goals with a big wind blowing at him, just missed. it was a dramatic day with about 5 mins into the last quarter ivanhoe had 19 men on the field. once again bernards had a bad second half and are very disappointed with the result. should've won but didn't.

bad kicking and missed opportunities would explain the 19 behinds. ivanhoes captain scored the last behind of the day, running into goals with a big wind blowing at him, just missed. it was a dramatic day with about 5 mins into the last quarter ivanhoe had 19 men on the field. once again bernards had a bad second half and are very disappointed with the result. should've won but didn't.

ouch, for both sides really

a missed oppurtunity, but you guys have clearly improved ten-fold since the start of the season

could see a few more upsets before the end of the season at this rate, do you play aquinas again?

A lot of our blokes thought that our game against Bernard's was going to be a walk over, but they were very impressive. They're going to be the giant killers in the next 5 rounds and may upset plans for finals for a few teams in tipping.

Pretty disgusting day down at the nobbery on a chilly morning. I'm surprised how out of form St. Leo's were, when compared to our last match. Can anyone inform me if they were missing any of their regular players?

A lot of our blokes thought that our game against Bernard's was going to be a walk over, but they were very impressive. They're going to be the giant killers in the next 5 rounds and may upset plans for finals for a few teams in tipping.

Pretty disgusting day down at the nobbery on a chilly morning. I'm surprised how out of form St. Leo's were, when compared to our last match. Can anyone inform me if they were missing any of their regular players?

Harvestar you're an ivanhoe guy?
Who are you?
I'm sitting out the rest of the season with a knee reco.

Harvestar you're an ivanhoe guy?
Who are you?
I'm sitting out the rest of the season with a knee reco.

I thought it clear where my alliances lie, but if u didn't notice, I'm from NOBS. My last post was referring to St. Leo's, but that's no good about your knee mate.

just the week off the aquinas boys needed to keep the ball rolling this week against xaverians.
look for them to get some numbers back from 1's duties also.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back