U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks MUF, combining full time work and study is hell.

I'll give you the good oil. Only two of the guys who played could be considered above this level and they needed some match practice after missing games recently. The rest, despite what they may think, are bona fides North (2) standard. The changes made didn't add up to 15 goals. Therry were terrible.

Xavs were lucky to catch the team they played the week before. Probably the weakest for the year (maybe the one fielded against Therry earlier in the year was as bad). What was the difference? 2-3 goals. That made Xavs slightly better than sh*t.

Finally, you and Bomber Bill have got to give up on the happenings the first time we played. It takes two to tango. If you can't. I can recommend a good therapist for you both. He's certainly helped me.

Robbo you never answered my question like 6 weeks back were you the one who got the shit beaten out of him during the Melee at Stradbroke Park??

dw buddy xavs will have their arrogance right in place after, they beat the shit out of those soft ***** from Aquias.

No shit[/quote]

Didn't take long for the Xav's boys to get on here after finally getting back in the winners list, and the quality of posts are amazing. The thread is clearly so much better for it.

Back it up this week against Ivanhoe or shut up I say

Question for the Aquinas guys: If St Bernards beats you this week do your best players still try and help out the seniors avoid relegation?

Not good to start losing games this close to finals....

Didn't take long for the Xav's boys to get on here after finally getting back in the winners list, and the quality of posts are amazing. The thread is clearly so much better for it.

Back it up this week against Ivanhoe or shut up I say

Question for the Aquinas guys: If St Bernards beats you this week do your best players still try and help out the seniors avoid relegation?

Not good to start losing games this close to finals....[/quote]

Ivanhoe are shitting themselves get our captain back this week and three of our best players.

Seems a few of the Xavs boys are jumping out of their skins after the win over Aquinas on the weekend.
I wasnt in attendance, although I hear it was a cracking game. Not to take anything away from the winners, but the ladder-leaders fielded a depleted side and got beaten; fair enough, it happens.

I wouldn't get too carried away though. Aquinas tripped a little on the weekend, but if you look at the ladder they are still on top quite comfortably. No reason to be cocky after an 8 point win :)

As far as I am concerned this is down to three teams that can win the flag.Seen alot of this comp over the season and have watched all the teams. Have taken a strong intrest in aquinus, xavs and the boys ffrom ivnhoe. Saw the game on the weekend which the ladder leaders got done, and with out a doubt game of the season. I do have to agree the xavs need to just settle down a little 8 points aint that great with so many good players for Aquinus out however the xavs did have their 3 best players out. i think all bodes well for a finals series full of fireworks, and in my opinon it's these two teams that will play it out. All xavier need to do is make the finals they have a squad of 68 to pick from and come finals time they will have the entire squad to pick from and will beat most temas with a full squad. Proven performer's come finals i believe they are the ones to knock of Aquinus in the finals. Ivnhoe have done just about everything right to date however having watched them a fair bit i think that they will struggle come finals time as they dont seem to have the class of aquinus or the aura of the xavs. let me know what you think?

As far as I am concerned this is down to three teams that can win the flag.Seen alot of this comp over the season and have watched all the teams. Have taken a strong intrest in aquinus, xavs and the boys ffrom ivnhoe. Saw the game on the weekend which the ladder leaders got done, and with out a doubt game of the season. I do have to agree the xavs need to just settle down a little 8 points aint that great with so many good players for Aquinus out however the xavs did have their 3 best players out. i think all bodes well for a finals series full of fireworks, and in my opinon it's these two teams that will play it out. All xavier need to do is make the finals they have a squad of 68 to pick from and come finals time they will have the entire squad to pick from and will beat most temas with a full squad. Proven performer's come finals i believe they are the ones to knock of Aquinus in the finals. Ivnhoe have done just about everything right to date however having watched them a fair bit i think that they will struggle come finals time as they dont seem to have the class of aquinus or the aura of the xavs. let me know what you think?

I find this whole statement a bit naive and lacking fibre to be honest. The fact that you are only taking into account Xavs and Aquinas predominantly is pretty poor. You cannot make your judgement on one game, when they (Xavs) have been very ordinary throughout the season until a few days ago. Whether that is due to a drop in premier players i'm not too sure.

Also i think you shouldn't be writing off the seasons of some other teams that are running into a bit of form. I think you need to give Rupo, Therry, NOBS and Ivanhoe a bit more credit for their efforts thus far this season. Fair enough Aquinas have cemented their spot, and you would think Ivanhoe are also there, but the other 2 spots are up for contention between 4 teams.

Xavs have to make the finals before you can talk them up first champ!

I find this whole statement a bit naive and lacking fibre to be honest. The fact that you are only taking into account Xavs and Aquinas predominantly is pretty poor. You cannot make your judgement on one game, when they (Xavs) have been very ordinary throughout the season until a few days ago. Whether that is due to a drop in premier players i'm not too sure.

Also i think you shouldn't be writing off the seasons of some other teams that are running into a bit of form. I think you need to give Rupo, Therry, NOBS and Ivanhoe a bit more credit for their efforts thus far this season. Fair enough Aquinas have cemented their spot, and you would think Ivanhoe are also there, but the other 2 spots are up for contention between 4 teams.

Xavs have to make the finals before you can talk them up first champ!

True mate they definatly do. And I am pretty sure i said that. All xavier need to do is make the finals. I beleive they will but thats just my opinion.They very well might not but if they do im telling you watch out!. Therry are honest at best ( i have only seen 4 therry games this year) but they seem to be very reliant on 2few. Rupo's only chance is making ppl very uncomfortable out in sunbury, and if they drop a few 1's players back down into the 2's if that happen's who know's. My judgement is harsh on Ivanhoe, and i do think they will beat xavier on the weekend easily aswell, however I believe come finals time they will struggle they definatly need the top 2 finish. NOBS i really rate as a team, toughest team I have seen all year bit scared of their coach though crazy man. However i reckon they have let themselves down in the eraly part of the year and will struggle to make up the ground. but if they do they will be very competitive. if i had a choice i would rather play the boys from Ivanhoe than NOBS in finals, But once again just my opinion. What do you think will happen out of curiosity?

Depending if they have an easy run into the finals, i think Xavs should make it. They seem like a good side but lack in something, but not too sure what it is. I have stated previously, that this league plays on a lot of confidence, and when teams like Rupo, Xavs and Therry are down they can be really down. Can't put my finger on why but it's been evident when we have played all three teams this year.

As for Ivanhoe, im not too sure where they are at. From all reports here on BF, is that they don't seem to care, showing up hungover on a saturday would be the main reason i guess. I think every club has its fair share of this, but for their sake I hope their sometimes, unprofessional attitude, doesn't came back to bite them on the ass. The last 3 spots are definitely up for contention.

As for NOBS, i think we have what it takes. After this week, we should be almost back to full strength, given no injuries occur in the meantime. We have a rough trot after Reds, playing Therry, Rupo and Ivanhoe in consecutive weeks. Lets hope our "mad" coach can give us some inspiration in those games!

What are your thoughts on OG's? Season over for them IMO.........

Depending if they have an easy run into the finals, i think Xavs should make it. They seem like a good side but lack in something, but not too sure what it is. I have stated previously, that this league plays on a lot of confidence, and when teams like Rupo, Xavs and Therry are down they can be really down. Can't put my finger on why but it's been evident when we have played all three teams this year.

As for Ivanhoe, im not too sure where they are at. From all reports here on BF, is that they don't seem to care, showing up hungover on a saturday would be the main reason i guess. I think every club has its fair share of this, but for their sake I hope their sometimes, unprofessional attitude, doesn't came back to bite them on the ass. The last 3 spots are definitely up for contention.

As for NOBS, i think we have what it takes. After this week, we should be almost back to full strength, given no injuries occur in the meantime. We have a rough trot after Reds, playing Therry, Rupo and Ivanhoe in consecutive weeks. Lets hope our "mad" coach can give us some inspiration in those games!

Old Geelong are bunch of softies. Our full forward took on two of their backman last time we played them and beat the shit out of them

Couldn't agree with you more on the confidence thing. And thats why I reckon Xav's are giong to have a big impact over the next month or so. The Old Xavarian's are the biggest and they would tell you the best amature football club in Australia. I think they have one like 50 odd of the 80 A grade amature flags something like that, and I really reckon tha come finals time with the other under 19's team out of the finals race that the club will rallly behind pat Hal;in's boys and that really cant be underestimated even if it does bring out that arrogance in a xavarian that every one hates. I wasn't aware of NOBS injuries to be honest, I reallly like the look of their captain reckon hes a great player, you guys definatly have what it takes to go along waym, and I know a few teams are worried about you guys, i reckon If you do make it it will be your tuffness around the ball that is going to be a real benifit againt teams like xavier , aquinus and therry who I recokn are not as tuff at the stoppages. I really dont rate Old Geelong seen them a few times the CHF/FF and Holt seem to be good players but this is just another case of rely on just one or 2 players.

I dont know if you were taking the piss with your "mad" comment but surley that man is not all there. Seem's to be absolute nut job, sure hes a nice bloke with just white line fever but who knows.

I think that the ladder will eventually end up like so;
Aquinus
Ivanhoe
NOBS
Xavs

However anything can happen in finals and I think class will rise to the top when late august september comes around.

Haha, i think every other person in the league not from NOBS would share the same opinion as you, but he is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet, but definitely has white line fever. Definitely all there, just possibly over passionate at times. I think that's where our toughness comes from.

Interesting stat on Xavs, I'm definitely not writing their season off yet. We'll get a better understanding of who's in the hunt after this week im sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont quote me on the stat but is pretty close to. And i wouldnt read 2 much into this weekend. Ivanhoe really should defeat what will be a very depleated line up by xavier on the weekend I would be very surprised if xavier one and those xavier boys who say there stars Hendo and Sass i think are back this week should think again little birdy tells me both a very ginger after they trained on Monday especially the captian Henderson and I wouldn't have thought their coach would risk them. I reckon that three teams will shape who makes the finals this yearn they St Bernads who are on a role after dropping 1's players back, Rupo if they decided to drop ones players back and Emmaus who I really rate as a tough football team just lacking some polish I think their ladder position doesn't tell the true tail of their season. These three teams are all dangerous in the run home and even if they dont make the finals they will play a huge role in shaping them becuase on their day they can beat anyone. Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more.

We can speculate all we want but im going to wait till i see some results on the weekend.

My tips:

NOBS over Reds convincingly
Xavs over Ivanhoe by 15 (with the confidence of last week and an early game for Ivanhoe, this could work in Xavs favour)
Bernard's over OG's by 23
Aquinas over Rupo by 17
Emmaus in a tight one over Therry (will be interesting to see how Therry fair at the "sand pit")

Couldn't agree more.

We can speculate all we want but im going to wait till i see some results on the weekend.

My tips:

Xavs over Ivanhoe by 15 (with the confidence of last week and an early game for Ivanhoe, this could work in Xavs favour)
Aquinas over Rupo by 17
Emmaus in a tight one over Therry (will be interesting to see how Therry fair at the "sand pit")

I am giong to tip
NOBS
Ivanhoe easily
Bernards
Aquinas
Emmaus

Be interesting to see results

I think they have one like 50 odd of the 80 A grade amatur flags

I think you'll find you're quite a long way off the mark there Watch.

Since 1892, Xavs have won 10 A Section flags.

They have won 9 out of the last 13 which is perhaps the stat you should have used.

They have won 9 out of the last 13 which is perhaps the stat you should have used.

accordng to oldxavs.com the xavs have won 50 flags in 80 years!!

most definatly stand corrected! was way off track. Still a terrific finals record

Couldn't agree more.

My tips:

Aquinas over Rupo by 17

My Tips:

NOBS v Fitzroy - Yet again pick ur margin
Ivanhoe v Xavs - Xavs by 12 early morning should hurt Ivanhoe
Bernards v OGS - Bernards by 18 OGS have lost all form
Aquinas v Rupo - Aquinas by 25 to bounce back
Emmaus v Therry - Emmaus by 7 Emmaus out to ruin Therry finals hopes

Couldn't agree more.

My tips:

Aquinas over Rupo by 17

I'm going with:
NOBs v Reds - 10 Goals
Ivanhoe v Xavier - close one, but xavs having a few out should get the hoers over the line
Bernards v OGs - Bernards to continue their good form and win by 5 goals
Aquinas v Rupo - Aquinas to bounce back and win by 40 points.
Emmaus v Therry - Therry have too much to play for, although i will be on a mongrel if Emmaus can cause an upset.

I'm going with:
NOBs v Reds - 10 Goals
Ivanhoe v Xavier - close one, but xavs having a few out should get the hoers over the line
Bernards v OGs - Bernards to continue their good form and win by 5 goals
Aquinas v Rupo - Aquinas to bounce back and win by 40 points.
Emmaus v Therry - Therry have too much to play for, although i will be on a mongrel if Emmaus can cause an upset.

Interesting round this week. My tips:

NOBS easily over Reds
Ivanhoe to take Xav's down a peg, although I expect it to be a close one
Bernards have some good form atm and should account for OG's
Aquinas over Rupo, but it'll less than 5 goals
Emmaus to cause an upset over Therry (just to make Dross happy)

nobs easily
ivanhoe just over xavs
bernards comfortably over og
aquinas easily
therry easily cos i dont rate emmaus, to be honest i dont see what all the fuss is about over st leos

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back