U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

XAVS WIN BY 4 POINTS... after being down by 36 at half time, massive win.... a couple of massive inclusions for next week watch out Fitz.. xavs still in the running for 2nd, with an easy draw playing the bottom 3 sides with 2 home games playing before the Premier team, so expect a pumped up XAVS watch out XAVS R COMMIN!!!!!!

Interesting round this week. My tips:

NOBS easily over Reds
Ivanhoe to take Xav's down a peg, although I expect it to be a close one
Bernards have some good form atm and should account for OG's
Aquinas over Rupo, but it'll less than 5 goals
Emmaus to cause an upset over Therry (just to make Dross happy)

ohhh noooo looks like the Reds pulled out a few suprises especially for n0bs =]

Questions must be asked of a few sides after the weekends games:

1. What happened to NOBS... if they want to make finals u can't lose to a side that has lost by over 150 points in the last couple of weeks

2. Ivanhoe 37 points up at the main break please explain... and the loss of ur captain in the first qtr is no excuse... Xavs where awsome in the 3rd qtr but you should of put us xavas to the sword in that 3rd qtr

3. Sorry Robbo can't see ur mob making finals now!!

Well Done to the Fitzroy boys on ur first win for the season btw

WHAT A ROUND !
I only managed to watch the main game this weekend as i had other commitments, and Ivanhoe Vs Xav's lived up to its billing. i reckon one of the games of the season. This game was a a dress rehercal to what we may see in september and t be honest If was Ivanhoe I would be very worried. This weekend's game only intrenched my beleif that they dont have what it takes to go all the way and when it comes down to the crunch they lack the class that some of the other teams have. I know that Ivanhoe's terrific captain whent down in the first quater, with what I think was a split webbing between the thumb and forfinger, however this canno't be blammed for there defeat on the weekend. Ivanhoe did play some sensational football in the second quater however they were aided by some interesting umiring decisions durin the first half ( in the end the umps were just as horrible both ways) but after half time they really fell away. Xavier on the other hand seem to have the beleif that they can now win from anywhere, the results would have it that they seem to be one of the fitter teams in the competiton with having run over Rupo, Old Geelong, Aquinus and now Ivanhoe all after being down during the last quater. They really are looking like a quality outfit atm with several key players ( up to 9) including the captain, leading goalkicker that could well walk into the starting line up. The last quter of this game was intruging on both fronts Ivanhoe looked fired up after the 3/4 time break and looked like they would run away with it however there inability to win today, a win that would have taken them to almost a guaranteed 2nd position on the ladder and a double chance. Showed a lack of class and ticker in what should have been billed as a minny final for the team. Old xavier on the other hand can take this win and run with it as it put's them in a position to really steal that 2nd place away from Ivanhoe. NOBS have done xavier a massive favour by loosing and could have ended their chances with a loss to the lowly fitzroy would like to hear a bit about that match if any one has any details? All in all from what I saw and have heard a super round of football but one that will definatly open up some ppls eyes to the fact that some teams are dropping off and one of the powerhoues of ammatur football is most definatly on the march!
Thoughts?

WHAT A ROUND !
I only managed to watch the main game this weekend as i had other commitments, and Ivanhoe Vs Xav's lived up to its billing. i reckon one of the games of the season. This game was a a dress rehercal to what we may see in september and t be honest If was Ivanhoe I would be very worried. This weekend's game only intrenched my beleif that they dont have what it takes to go all the way and when it comes down to the crunch they lack the class that some of the other teams have. I know that Ivanhoe's terrific captain whent down in the first quater, with what I think was a split webbing between the thumb and forfinger, however this canno't be blammed for there defeat on the weekend. Ivanhoe did play some sensational football in the second quater however they were aided by some interesting umiring decisions durin the first half ( in the end the umps were just as horrible both ways) but after half time they really fell away. Xavier on the other hand seem to have the beleif that they can now win from anywhere, the results would have it that they seem to be one of the fitter teams in the competiton with having run over Rupo, Old Geelong, Aquinus and now Ivanhoe all after being down during the last quater. They really are looking like a quality outfit atm with several key players ( up to 9) including the captain, leading goalkicker that could well walk into the starting line up. The last quter of this game was intruging on both fronts Ivanhoe looked fired up after the 3/4 time break and looked like they would run away with it however there inability to win today, a win that would have taken them to almost a guaranteed 2nd position on the ladder and a double chance. Showed a lack of class and ticker in what should have been billed as a minny final for the team. Old xavier on the other hand can take this win and run with it as it put's them in a position to really steal that 2nd place away from Ivanhoe. NOBS have done xavier a massive favour by loosing and could have ended their chances with a loss to the lowly fitzroy would like to hear a bit about that match if any one has any details? All in all from what I saw and have heard a super round of football but one that will definatly open up some ppls eyes to the fact that some teams are dropping off and one of the powerhoues of ammatur football is most definatly on the march!
Thoughts?

Not a lot to say about this game. We played like dogs, and Fitzroy were better on the day. They looked a lot different compared to last time we played them, i did hear on the grapevine that they dropped a few boys back. Still, this is no excuse for our poor performance. Expect a better game next week when we are back to full strength!

Not a lot to say about this game. We played like dogs, and Fitzroy were better on the day. They looked a lot different compared to last time we played them, i did hear on the grapevine that they dropped a few boys back. Still, this is no excuse for our poor performance. Expect a better game next week when we are back to full strength!

Yeah there were 4 changes to the side that last met NOBS. These boys have worked hard all season and the injection of a couple of good players saw everyone lift across the ground. It was great to see these guys get a win, they have kept going all season taking thumping after thumping but keeping their enthusiasm for the game.

Well deserved to a club willing to give a 2nd team a chance.

Yeah there were 4 changes to the side that last met NOBS. These boys have worked hard all season and the injection of a couple of good players saw everyone lift across the ground. It was great to see these guys get a win, they have kept going all season taking thumping after thumping but keeping their enthusiasm for the game.

Well deserved to a club willing to give a 2nd team a chance.

I'll take a stab and say a couple of those boys were playing in the midfield? Two of ours were out, and you abosolutely killed us in the middle! Well done, hopefully you can have another deserved win before the season is finished.

After the weekend do people have changed views about what might happen over the rest of the season?

Well i'm almost confident in saying that OG's and Rupo are done for the season, unless they pull a few rabbits out of a hat.
On the other hand, i think NOBS and Therry are hanging on only just. Ivanhoe i don't think are home just yet, as there may be a few upsets in the next 3 weeks.

Thoughts?

Well i'm almost confident in saying that OG's and Rupo are done for the season, unless they pull a few rabbits out of a hat.
On the other hand, i think NOBS and Therry are hanging on only just. Ivanhoe i don't think are home just yet, as there may be a few upsets in the next 3 weeks.

Thoughts?

Xavs have a pretty easy run. The ST Bernards game maybe a 50/50 as they have dropped some 1st players and have found some form. Hoping for a few melees in the coming weeks as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?

I agree with you that OGS and Rupos seasons are over... Therry look to have an easier draw than NOBS coming up... Ivanhoe may loose there second chance

My Top 4:

Aquinas
Xavs
Ivanhoe
Therry

What do you guys think??

I agree with you that OGS and Rupos seasons are over... Therry look to have an easier draw than NOBS coming up... Ivanhoe may loose there second chance

My Top 4:

Aquinas
Xavs
Ivanhoe
Therry

What do you guys think??

Agree can't see many upsets in coming weeks, finals might pull some suprises though

My interest in this current season is declining rapidly. However it is only a stepping stone for future years. The second Rupertswood team aims to give the younger guys a game of football in a lower standard of competition. I think St Bernards found out this year how hard this can be when you're forced to play young guys for most of the season. So Ruperstwood is looking at a season where 9 wins is a possibility. I'm happy with the 7 wins in the bag and the boys should be happy with their efforts. I've watched the last three seasons and this is the best group of young guys by a long way. You can read all about them in next year's Premier Division.

My interest in this current season is declining rapidly. However it is only a stepping stone for future years. The second Rupertswood team aims to give the younger guys a game of football in a lower standard of competition. I think St Bernards found out this year how hard this can be when you're forced to play young guys for most of the season. So Ruperstwood is looking at a season where 9 wins is a possibility. I'm happy with the 7 wins in the bag and the boys should be happy with their efforts. I've watched the last three seasons and this is the best group of young guys by a long way. You can read all about them in next year's Premier Division.

Will the runner and trainer be taking part in melees in Premier Division

I am inclined to think that the top threee are settled after the weekends games however Xavs and Inanhoe are still fighting out who will get that double chance. And to be honest I think they are the only teams that can win it. Therry who will more than likley finish forth after NOBS monumental stuff up on the weekend I dont think are in the same leauge as the top three. In interested to know the updateon Ivanhoe's captain he injured his webbing on the weekend any news? he will play a massive role if they are to be successfull in finals. My top 4 are.

Aquinus
Xavs
Ivanhoe
Therry

I am inclined to think that the top threee are settled after the weekends games however Xavs and Inanhoe are still fighting out who will get that double chance. And to be honest I think they are the only teams that can win it. Therry who will more than likley finish forth after NOBS monumental stuff up on the weekend I dont think are in the same leauge as the top three. In interested to know the updateon Ivanhoe's captain he injured his webbing on the weekend any news? he will play a massive role if they are to be successfull in finals. My top 4 are.

Aquinus
Xavs
Ivanhoe
Therry

It all comes down to the weekend's Therry/NOBS match. Food for thought. NOBS were a man down last time they met, so discount the history. Will be a cracker.

Tips for this week:

Therry v NOBS - Match of the round... whoever wins will practically make finals...Therry in a very close match and to win by 7
Bernards v Aquinas - Aquinas should prove to good for Bernards... Aquinas by 30
OGS v Rupo - This is a match all about pride... neither side can really make finals now... Rupo by 11
Xavs v Fitzroy - Xavs have knocked off the top two sides in the last two weeks... they should win but it is a danger game with fitzroy coming off there first win for the season... Xavs by 45
Ivanhoe v Emmaus - Emmaus to cause the upset of the round... Emmaus by 15

Tips for this week:

Therry v NOBS - Match of the round... whoever wins will practically make finals...Therry in a very close match and to win by 7
Bernards v Aquinas - Aquinas should prove to good for Bernards... Aquinas by 30
OGS v Rupo - This is a match all about pride... neither side can really make finals now... Rupo by 11
Xavs v Fitzroy - Xavs have knocked off the top two sides in the last two weeks... they should win but it is a danger game with fitzroy coming off there first win for the season... Xavs by 45
Ivanhoe v Emmaus - Emmaus to cause the upset of the round... Emmaus by 15

My tips:

NOBS over Therry....... Massive game, with 6 massive in's this week, and finals on the line, i think the "crazy" coach might just give us enough inspiration! NOBS by 17
Aquinas over Bernards....... Will be relatively close down at the pit, i think the boys will be playing for a bit of pride, after their previous thumping. Aquinas by 13
Rupo over OG's...... OG's have nothing to play for and have no ticker. Rupo by a lot im guessing, maybe 35
Xavs over Reds...... I can't see Xavs switching off for this game, should be an easy win, by 28
Ivanhoe over Emmaus........ This will be close, but i think Ivanhoe are too classy, and it is an afternoon game, enough time to recover after the previous night. Should get home by 23

If NOBS lose, then I am almost certain that the top 4 will be concrete. Something will have to go drastically wrong otherwise. Good luck for the w.e lads!

My tips:

NOBS over Therry....... Massive game, with 6 massive in's this week, and finals on the line, i think the "crazy" coach might just give us enough inspiration! NOBS by 17
Aquinas over Bernards....... Will be relatively close down at the pit, i think the boys will be playing for a bit of pride, after their previous thumping. Aquinas by 13
Rupo over OG's...... OG's have nothing to play for and have no ticker. Rupo by a lot im guessing, maybe 35
Xavs over Reds...... I can't see Xavs switching off for this game, should be an easy win, by 28
Ivanhoe over Emmaus........ This will be close, but i think Ivanhoe are too classy, and it is an afternoon game, enough time to recover after the previous night. Should get home by 23

If NOBS lose, then I am almost certain that the top 4 will be concrete. Something will have to go drastically wrong otherwise. Good luck for the w.e lads!

Answer to your question I think is at the "Whick" ona friday night rumor has it. Then the gf is played on a satday afternoon.
NOBS to beat Therry in what is bound to be a thriller might have to even go awtch this one.
Aquinas over Bernards: class will rise to the top
Rupo over OG's does any one really care!!!
Xavs over Reds cant see the reds getting within 15goals of xavier
Ivanhoe over Emmaus they will bounce back in a very hard fought contest.

Bad news for Ivanhoe if its on a friday night, most of them might not be able to play cause they'll be out on the turps. Do you know when the official announcement of games played is?

Bad news for Ivanhoe if its on a friday night, most of them might not be able to play cause they'll be out on the turps. Do you know when the official announcement of games played is?
You should find out tonight training, otherwise I'm told it will be on the VAFA website tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back