U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree actually its jsut hard not to get sucked into it.
wat are your thoughts for this week RAS..

Despite all the suggestions (mainly from me) that Aquinas will choke, I can't see them throwing this one away.

Ivanhoe have some good big bodied forwards, they run well for each other and their midfield try and get forward as much as possible. However I think Aquinas just have too many contributors accross the board to be beaten.

They haven't been troubled by Ivanhoe in the past, and I think they'd be confident taking them on. Aquinas have had periods in games this year where they have been undisciplined, and lost the plot, and that has let some teams win a quarter or two here or there, but they are so far clear as the best team this year that they'd need to have a really off day, and for Ivanhoe to pull one out of the bag.

That being said...they may well choke ;)

Prove me wrong Aquinas.

I reckon they'll win by 45 points

It's the one everyone's waited for, and aquinas are definatley the hot favourites. Could've gone the whole way undefeated if not for the buy in the premier division (so im told), and should be able to brush aside ivanhoe with ease, however apparently they have a choking history, but i still think it will not be enough. Ivanhoe have probably been the second best team all year, and are now rewarded for their consistency. It is a very tough ask for ivanhoe to get over the line, especially after a close game last week. Aquinas have beaten ivanhoe by an average of 41 points.

Tip: Aquinas by 27

Ivanhoe just have to remember "if it bleeds, you can kill it". And afterall it is the snakepit so anything can happen.

Guess I'd have to agree Ratpit that Aquinas are the hot favourites, BUT, I get the feeling this will be a close one.

The boys from Hoe Park proved last week they have heaps of fighting spirit and bucket loads of talent that, when working together, could help them pull off a massive upset. Here's hoping boys, Ivanhoe by 3 points :thumbsu:

GO HOES!!

Guess I'd have to agree Ratpit that Aquinas are the hot favourites, BUT, I get the feeling this will be a close one.

The boys from Hoe Park proved last week they have heaps of fighting spirit and bucket loads of talent that, when working together, could help them pull off a massive upset. Here's hoping boys, Ivanhoe by 3 points :thumbsu:

GO HOES!!

Aquinas by a solid 80

f]

who won????

Aquinas by 43 points.

Far too good in the end after a pretty good first half of footy by both teams. Well done to the boys out east, have been the stand out team and looked very good today.

Well done to our boys - the club is wrapt with you effort first year in.Looking forward to seeing you guys go again next year with some good guys coming up from the colts.

Chump.

Aquinas by 43 points.

Far too good in the end after a pretty good first half of footy by both teams. Well done to the boys out east, have been the stand out team and looked very good today.

Well done to our boys - the club is wrapt with you effort first year in.Looking forward to seeing you guys go again next year with some good guys coming up from the colts.

Chump.

suck shit Hoes do any gay arse poses to the camera this week. Enjoy those runner up medals because thats all you deserve you ****ing hacks

Aquinas U/19 Premiers 2008

Enough said..

what a great feeling it is to bring home the first flag in 11 years to the club!

and btw, it has been ****in hilarious watching both xavs and ivanhoe bitching it out on the forum for the last week...

the aquinas boys have sat back and watched you idiots fight like girls, and talk about drugs and ur mums and money and bullshit for 7 days, when there was more important things to worry about... like a grandfinal?

Ivanhoe, clearly the second best team all year, gave xavs what they deserved last week, and copped injuries city yesterday, u blokes were good to play against, and earned our respect, even tho we did give it to yas a bit at the end. Having said that, your runner looks like a **** running around in those stockings, and that waterboy was just simply a gay c**t

best team all year came out on top,
congrats bloods!

Aquinas 08

Doubt it very much there would be a rep side for north 2 league. But if there is which players do you think will make the team? Also whos favourite for the league best and fairest?

Well put H & S.

Can anyone confirm if there is a league representative team? And also when the league vote count takes place?

VAFA 2008 PRESENTATION NIGHT

The VAFA's Annual Presentation Night will be held at the Victory Room, Telstra Dome on Monday 15th September 2008

Along with the presentation of all Best and Fairest winners in the VAFA, the evening will culminate in the awarding of the prestigious Woodrow Medal for the Best and Fairest player in A Section.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VAFA 2008 PRESENTATION NIGHT

The VAFA's Annual Presentation Night will be held at the Victory Room, Telstra Dome on Monday 15th September 2008

Along with the presentation of all Best and Fairest winners in the VAFA, the evening will culminate in the awarding of the prestigious Woodrow Medal for the Best and Fairest player in A Section.

You sure you don't have your dates wrong? We were still playing then....

Any nominations?

...and modest too!

After all the shit we've taken this year, we now have the right to be just as 'modest' as we like

Shattered it wasn't xavs who we got to smash in the GF.. although they never deserved to beat ivanhoe

you should be ashamed of yourselves and your team..as you have done nothing but discrace yourselves all year.. and now have nothing to show for it

Aquinas on the other hand, threw a team together from nothing, and now have the premiership cup sitting up on the mantle. :)

On the other hand, thanks and congratulations to those teams who were able to retain their dignity throughout the year to provide what was a thoroughly enjoyable year of footy :thumbsu:

Aquinas '08

Firstly I don't think Aquinas copped shit from anyone as they were the team to beat all year, no one doubted your ability. Congrats on your north 2 div flag you did well to outfox the VAFA and play in a lower div; it'll be one year up in north 1 and straight back down.

I think deep down you were glad you didn't have to play Xavs in the GF; Aquinas' Achilles heel, if you will...

As for disgracing ourselves, I fail to see how stirring a little shit on an internet forum under anonymous aliases could have anything to do with tainting this clubs superb reputation. We played with passion, skill and intensity on the field but unfortunately hit a hurdle in the final straight and couldn't bring home the bacon.

BF is a medium for loyal supporters/players to voice there biased opinions as many Xavs and even Robbo (who is probably a good bloke, underneath his tough exterior) displayed throughout the season.

Great season Xavs, good luck to the unders of next year, I believe they will have what it takes to go all the way

-Hendo

. Congrats on your north 2 div flag you did well to outfox the VAFA and play in a lower div; it'll be one year up in north 1 and straight back down.

I think deep down you were glad you didn't have to play Xavs in the GF; Aquinas' Achilles heel, if you will...

As for disgracing ourselves, I fail to see how stirring a little shit on an internet forum under anonymous aliases could have anything to do with tainting this clubs superb reputation. We played with passion, skill and intensity on the field but unfortunately hit a hurdle in the final straight and couldn't bring home the bacon.

BF is a medium for loyal supporters/players to voice there biased opinions as many Xavs and even Robbo (who is probably a good bloke, underneath his tough exterior) displayed throughout the season.

Great season Xavs, good luck to the unders of next year, I believe they will have what it takes to go all the way

-Hendo

im sick of this outfoxing the VAFA bullshit argument....

how is this possible?

Aquinas hasnt had an under 19s side for 2 years, and secondly, we are all first year players at the club, wanting to represent our old high school... i didnt know you all knew of our abilities before we got into the competition guys...

secondly, achilles heal? rubbish...

you played us with half a premier side, and against an opposition with 16 fit guys on the ground, and missing our 4 best players...
so congratulations on your stirring 8 point win, im glad that it had a major effect on the outcome of the year...

and last but not least...
on behalf of myself and my twin brother, the two fat full forwards who have premiership medallions around our necks, we did bring home the bacon, have been eating it, and it tastes F**KING FANTASTIC!!!! :)

Bloods 08

how is this possible?

Aquinas hasnt had an under 19s side for 2 years, and secondly, we are all first year players at the club, wanting to represent our old high school... i didnt know you all knew of our abilities before we got into the competition guys...

you played us with half a premier side, and against an opposition with 16 fit guys on the ground, and missing our 4 best players...
so congratulations on your stirring 8 point win, im glad that it had a major effect on the outcome of the year...

on behalf of myself and my twin brother, the two fat full forwards who have premiership medallions around our necks, we did bring home the bacon, have been eating it, and it tastes F**KING FANTASTIC!!!! :)

Bloods 08

Aren't full forwards meant to kick goals...

Congrats on the premiership though, just make sure you don't come straight back down again mate

how is this possible?

Bloods 08

Mate, we had 3 players from the ones not one of them had a huge impact on the game, just making up the numbers during those cold winter months when teams often struggle to keep teams together.

If you don't believe me the stats are on the VAFA website in black and white.

congrats to the aquinas boys, they had a great season and played a great game of footy on the w/e. Sunday was a great game of footy and our boys (ivanhoe) just ran out of legs in the last quarter.
cant wait to have a big pre season then play you boys again next season.

Ivanhoe had a great season considering its their first under 19s team in over 10 years and that the majority of their players are bottom age. the hoes future is looking bright.

as for xavs, they are a bunch of sore losers and seriously need to grow up.

IVANHOE 09

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 North2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back