U18 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah they do
you know how good they will be abusolutelyamazing alot better then werribee

willy basically had there 'a' side in barring jets players.
hoppers had our 'b' side in other then probably 4 or 5 of us that will play a's.

willy basically had there 'a' side in barring jets players.
hoppers had our 'b' side in other then probably 4 or 5 of us that will play a's.
Given the fact that there are too many Hoppers players on the Jets list, I didnt notice any guns missing:confused: Who was missing?

Given the fact that there are too many Hoppers players on the Jets list, I didnt notice any guns missing:confused: Who was missing?

lol im not goin thru basically our whole a' side to tell u who was missing.
it was mainly b players nd people that didnt play in the practice match the week b4 played also.
i know it was only praccy but willy are gonan struggle without there jets players..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from what i hear willy had at least nine players tht would be in there best 18 out including there jets players and those jets players wont play rarely they have ethan wright sam stephens joel evans and lachlan fairley who would all be lucky to play a couple of games so will have them whole season also i heard hoppers had 9 a's at least in
and the big ranga spotty will be hopeless this year best they have no one youd be top 5 players and you cant kick

from what i hear willy had at least nine players tht would be in there best 18 out including there jets players and those jets players wont play rarely they have ethan wright sam stephens joel evans and lachlan fairley who would all be lucky to play a couple of games so will have them whole season also i heard hoppers had 9 a's at least in
and the big ranga spotty will be hopeless this year best they have no one youd be top 5 players and you cant kick
nah there was about 5 a's players in the team
the rest were fringe players and b's

Looking forward to the 09 season!
A few players have moved around to different clubs for whatever reasons, will add a bit of spice to games against former clubs!
Ethan, as for saying that the talk here is 'politics', I would lean it more towards fun discussion and a way everyone can comminicate about the forthcoming year and season when it comes around!

Anyone know how many teams in the comp this year and who it will consist of??
Werribee
Altona
Williamstown
Spotswood
Hoppers
Whyndamvale?

Albion were in A's last year although stuggled alot?
Glenorden were in the comp last year but struggled, will they field an A Side?
Flemington had an A's side in 07 but apparantly have joined another league?
St Albans won the B's grand final in 07 by a ridiculous margin but apparantly havent got enough players to field a side, one of whom came to our training tonight!
Yarraville also unable to field a team, but wouldnt have played A's anyway.

Any idea's who else could be in our division?

Heasyville;13965706 Albion were in A's last year although stuggled alot?[/[/B said:
After having a look through the WRFL clearances, I noticed that some very handy U18 players have been cleared to Albion. Some from West Footscary and St Albans. grantham played interleague last year, grima was doing summer training with the jets to name a few. they struggled for numbers at various times last year and gave a few walkovers (of which Hoppers were the benificary of two). Last year they had some big wins against Glen Ordenary and i think gave willy a going over late in the year. A Div 1 club who may be recruiting for the future!? I believe they have a new coach as well. Positive signs??

After having a look through the WRFL clearances, I noticed that some very handy U18 players have been cleared to Albion. Some from West Footscary and St Albans. grantham played interleague last year, grima was doing summer training with the jets to name a few. they struggled for numbers at various times last year and gave a few walkovers (of which Hoppers were the benificary of two). Last year they had some big wins against Glen Ordenary and i think gave willy a going over late in the year. A Div 1 club who may be recruiting for the future!? I believe they have a new coach as well. Positive signs??

Albion had a good side in 16s last year 4 a one team club, not sure how many are going to 18s.
Thompson is still 16s - good running player

They have never really been a Junior A Grade club. Although signs you mentioned can only be for the best and if that means another quality side in A Grade this year then thats only for the good of the competition.

St Albans would be close to not fielding a team this year 100%? They were pretty good last year they must have had a whole team of top age players and now very limited players coming through.
Same deal at Yarraville/Seddon.

So any news on Glenorden? Will they play A's again?

And finally whats the go with St Bernards, they always have a team in when this year comes around, but I believe they move into Amatuers now?

Went down and watched Altonas praccy match on the weekend, Altona won it pretty comfortably. Thier best seemed to be thier newer players from Willy with solarino, tedesco and zuzek standing out. Linked up well and looked pretty good in shit conditions.
On the same topic of Altonas new players, saw someone ask about supek back in the thread. Spoke to him on Sunday, told me he tore ankle ligaments a few weeks back, so he's had to sit it out the praccy matches and hasnt been able to train at the risk of re-doing it, said he is 50/50 for Sundays praccy match against werribee.

Willy smashing Hoppers by 10 goals? Seems like they're looking good despite losing a few players. Anyone see the game? Who stood out for Willy?

heard abit of a rumor down at st.albans 18s. there was abit of a punch on between team mates at training or something??? any truth to this ?
yeah 16s playd 18s, new boy from syd sharks lost da plot gainst 1 of da 16s, both got sent off, den da new blokes old man lost da plot sped off in a plume of blue smoke, an obscenities, argh who needs dem. 4 da record 16s one. saints wont hav a side in 18s dis yr im tippn.

y wud werrebee play nth footscray, y dont they take on da betta sides from edfl ie keilor. doutta stars, strathmore...they wud get thumpd dats y

Went down and watched Altonas praccy match on the weekend, Altona won it pretty comfortably. Thier best seemed to be thier newer players from Willy with solarino, tedesco and zuzek standing out. Linked up well and looked pretty good in shit conditions.
On the same topic of Altonas new players, saw someone ask about supek back in the thread. Spoke to him on Sunday, told me he tore ankle ligaments a few weeks back, so he's had to sit it out the praccy matches and hasnt been able to train at the risk of re-doing it, said he is 50/50 for Sundays praccy match against werribee.

Willy smashing Hoppers by 10 goals? Seems like they're looking good despite losing a few players. Anyone see the game? Who stood out for Willy?
it was basically willy a's excluding jets players against the hoppers b's except 4 or 5 that will play a's..
so cant take anything from that game except willy wont be great this year. i assure u of that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back