UEFA EURO 2024 (Round of 16) - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

England need Reece James
Hasn't played 90 minutes in a game since April 2023.

He's got to sort out his injury problems before thinking about adding even more football to his schedule.

Would be pretty happy with that if I was England. Didn’t play well but walk away with control of the group. Players like Kane and Foden will play much better than that. Shaw will give them a genuine left back. Beat Denmark next and they can get the squad minutes in the third game. It’s all up side for them.

Spain and Germany been the best so far then I'd say Italy. Quite good to come back from such an early disaster and from what they've endured since winning The Euro and before it. Croatia had their chances to get back into the game but a bit unlucky not to take them. England were shit this morning and interesting to see what France and Portugal bring in the next two days. Dutch showed some steely resolve also.

Mainoo is the only other option that isn’t a huge downgrade on Trent. And if you drop Jude back and play Eze you’re fumbling even harder
Why ? Jude can retain the ball ..win one on ones. Foden will be more effective more central. Eze can run in off the left. Jude would be a bigger plus to the no. 8 spot than the downgrade to 10 with Foden. Huge gap.

Hasn't played 90 minutes in a game since April 2023.

He's got to sort out his injury problems before thinking about adding even more football to his schedule.
Couldn’t disagree more.

What’s the worst thing that happens if he gets injured? They’ve got TAA, Walker and Trippier for cover. It’s absolutely worth the risk having him in the squad.

How many minutes will guys like Toney, Konsa, Dunk, Watkins, Gomez, etc. get? So many unused players. They can afford to take the risk.

Couldn’t disagree more.

What’s the worst thing that happens if he gets injured? They’ve got TAA, Walker and Trippier for cover. It’s absolutely worth the risk having him in the squad.

How many minutes will guys like Toney, Konsa, Dunk, Watkins, Gomez, etc. get? So many unused players. They can afford to take the risk.
I'm talking about from his perspective, not England's. Don't cook the guy.

I'm talking about from his perspective, not England's. Don't cook the guy.
I actually think he needs minutes. They held him back longer than they needed to and he’s ticked every box. If he’s not ready now he never will be.

I get your point though. Sometimes it’s better to err on the side of caution. I just want to see him out there.

TAA works as a RB if you have a good central defender next to him and an excellent DM that can drop in when Trent bombs on. It's worked for us for year under Klopp with Matip and Fabinho/Henderson mostly in those roles of dropping in and helping.

Southgate is tactically shite though so cant figure it out and instead trots out the corpse of Kyle Walker at RB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why ? Jude can retain the ball ..win one on ones. Foden will be more effective more central. Eze can run in off the left. Jude would be a bigger plus to the no. 8 spot than the downgrade to 10 with Foden. Huge gap.
Because Jude is better than Foden and he already won the match for England. If Foden can't play on the left he should be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back